Was The Protest At Kotkapura Actually Peaceful?

Akal Warrior

First of all...I'm not saying anything against the protesters...we have every right to protest when we are facing this sort of treatment, especially beadbi of Maharaj Ji...but i want to share something:

I keep hearing people saying that Singhs were reading Bani peacfully, and the police started to suddenly charge them, and shoot them,and spraying water canons, without any warning. However, one particular video i found on Sikh voice shows the footage of what happened before the police started attacking, and it shows a totally diffferent thing. Singhs are not siting down, they are standing up and are agitated. In the front is Bhai Ranjeet Singh dhadrianwala and Panthpreet Singh. Then, the police order the arrest of the leaders in the front...and they are taken away to some police vehicles. At this point the crowd began to get agitated and some pushing begins. There are Singhs with swords drawn moving towards the police and we see the police and Singhs getting into scuffles, and then the water cannon comes out and everything goes crazy..people running etc...thats when the riot began.

I'm not saying the police are not wrong...i'm sure they did abuse their power and went overboard like they always do...all I'm saying is that we need be TRUTHFUL or else we discredit ourselves. The police's version (press note available on facebook) actually says that Singhs were on the loudspeakers and telling the crowd to use kirpans against police, and destroy their vehicles (this could be verified through video if it's true or not...someone is talking on the speaker, but i can't figure out what they are saying)...the police are saying that the Singhs started to act unruly and since they are outnumbered, they had to use force to deter the large crowd. Again...lets the facts clear. If i am wrong, or if this video is from a different incident, please let me know. I'm not saying anything against the protest, i'm just saying the truth needs to be told to remain trustworthy, and from this video, it seems that Singhs were getiing agitated and were scuffling with the police before the water canons came out and control was lost, and this information seems contrary to what we are being told about everyone sitting down reading Bani (i'm sure Singhs were reading Bani all day during the protest, but when all this drama went down, the video shows a different story). Here is the video:

https://www.facebook.com/SikhVoice/videos/vb.318449181542739/899815653406086/?type=2&theater

If iSREALIS opened fire on stone throwing palastinians, killing a few. The world media would have a frenzy.If British army open fire on irish stone throwers, killing a few.Bono would write a bloody sunday song.When Punjabi police open fire on sikh stone throwers,killing a few. BBC stays silence and some.. sikhs argue they deserved a bullet in the head as they threw stones.So its ok to shoot protesters in a civilised democracy, Bull'''ks is it. SIKH LIFES MATTER

If iSREALIS opened fire on stone throwing palastinians, killing a few. The world media would have a frenzy.If British army open fire on irish stone throwers, killing a few.Bono would write a bloody sunday song.When Punjabi police open fire on sikh stone throwers,killing a few. BBC stays silence and some.. sikhs argue they deserved a bullet in the head as they threw stones.So its ok to shoot protesters in a civilised democracy, Bull'''ks is it. SIKH LIFES MATTER

I absolutely agree with you. Indian army and punjab police totally abuse their power and go overboard, and kill innocents. These police officers need to be held accountable for their actions. The only thing I'm bringing up is that we need to present the facts, because if later on it is found that we were not telling the story as it really happened, we will really discredit ourselves and people will dismiss everything we have to say. All I'm saying is that many people are saying in speeches that all the Singhs were sitting down, reading Bani... and the police suddenly started to shoot water cannons and bullets at them and began to attack them without any warning. The video I posted shows that when the leaders got arrested people began to get agitated and there were scuffles breaking out with the police, and at this point that people were no longer sitting down, and then the clash began. What happened after this was totally an abuse of power by the police and horrendous crimes against humanity.