Bbc Sunday Morning Live / Guest Jagmeet Singh Anand Karaaj Issue

Porsche911

Whilst watching the video this is what I saw:

1. As you can also see from the above video Jagmeet Singh was not even given a chance to explain anything. They all ganged up on him which was very unprofessional, and it looks like a set up to me.

2. Funny how the guests all seem to have same views and they humiliated him, they did not represent their faiths at all but only their own personal views.

3. The lady on the big screen knows nothing, yet she had the guts to belittle Jagmeet Singh using the word 'youngsters' to imply that the Sikh youth are causing trouble. Would she have said the same thing if an elder was there? Maybe not, but probably would have had another excuse, to humiliate Sikhs. She has no clue about Sikhi and I'm assuming she isn't even Sikh. How can somebody who has little knowledge of Sikhi represent or comment on our faith?

4. Edwina Curry was well out of order, not expected of somebody in a high position to be so ignorant. And the presenter well, visibly discrimination, she has no respect at all.

5. Jagmeet Singh was interrupted again and again when he tried to speak. First they ask him a question, then they jump in to silence him.

Pathetic.

6. Bbc is so unprofessional, if he was interviewed on Midlands today or a local channel, bet you they would have more respect and allowed him to put the facts and knowledge across

of our wonderful faith. But instead BBC decide to tarnish us to give us a bad image. Not impressed.

7. The only person with any respect for others I saw was Jagmeet Singh, he was very humble throughout it despite being silenced.

Don't blame him for getting up and telling the world.

Well done Jagmeet Singh.

Lol, I watched the one you showed! The Singhji could have said it right from the start. If I was him I would have said from the start: In my religion Sikhism, interFAITH marriages are okay but not inside our place of worship with the way of Anand Karaj because in our texts that are read during marriage says that both people in the marriage will share a journey in Sikhism as Sikhs, not as people of other religions because by getting married we are giving ourselves to our respected Guru. Our aim is not to have converts, our aim is to lead whoever chooses this religion to be successful in being one with God.

Okay Ji. Try to get an interview with a channel and say it.

I'm not from the UK, and I doubt they want to talk to any other Sikhs after this Singh ji interrupted them lol.

actually that was what he managed to answer for the first question after that he was interrupted constantly because they couldn't get an unreasonable answer to object to from him. Sian talks over the end of this to pull in Anita Kapoor (never heard of her and she looked more Hindu than Sikh...no singhni I know wears a koka)

I still do not know the affiliation or name of the other gentleman...

I'm not from the UK, and I doubt they want to talk to any other Sikhs after this Singh ji interrupted them lol.

And have you seen the coverage of his 'interruption' that it has created?

Do you know he's having another interview?

It was actually a request he did not an interruption.

Hmm well I didn't hear him saying that. I would have used my quietest/calm voice when I'd say it so that they would not talk over me (because they'd try to listen in). I'd also tell them before I talk please do not interrupt till I am done speaking lol. Bad that those people spoke over him.

Then nobody would hear him if he was that quiet. And anyways he wasn't loud, like the muddha programs you have on in India.

Focus on the main point, he got the message across.