2 Dalit Children Burnt To Death By Upper Caste Hindus

shastarSingh

That's saddening news. Seeing stuff like this happen EVEN during the so called "tolerant" age of India is utterly horrific. Words fail to describe how upsetting it is to see that.

Once again it shows how every part of the caste system is nothing but a cancer on society. The entire tree of the so called "caste system" should be uprooted, burned and then the ashes reduced to nothingness.

Sadly the painful oppression of the Dalits has been going on for thousands of years all over South Asia.

Never knew it was this bad in India in these modern times. What kind of demented minds would do such a thing? I know what they did to us during the 80's, but these are supposed fellow Hindus. What justification could they possibly offer in defence of such an act? There is none aside from what their scriptures say about the caste system.

Never knew it was this bad in India in these modern times. What kind of demented minds would do such a thing? I know what they did to us during the 80's, but these are supposed fellow Hindus. What justification could they possibly offer in defence of such an act? There is none aside from what their scriptures say about the caste system.

And people say, "oh India that Hun baut modern hogea, te pela vangar Nai." Yeah right - Not.

Could this horrific event be tied to the rise in Hindu nationalism since Modi's election win, or is that unfair?

I think it is unfair because some of our lot aren't above disgusting behaviour over caste themselves.

I think, like with police-on-black violence in the US, we are just seeing it more due to camera phones and social media - but it's always been there.

I think it is unfair because some of our lot aren't above disgusting behaviour over caste themselves.

I think, like with police-on-black violence in the US, we are just seeing it more due to camera phones and social media - but it's always been there.

True. I had a feeling it might be due to the nature of these heinous acts being reported on a regular basis as opposed to them occurring unnoticed in previous years.

• 8 months later...