Who Elected Sgpc And Makker To Rule Over Sikh Affairs?

genie

It be interesting to research and study various historical accounts how sri dasam granth was removed so that sangat can make up their own minds

Historical account that we hear (Nihang version)- Sri dasam granth sahib was speared and removed by sgpc/singh sabha

So those who don't beleive in nihang story, please provide historical account-

- Who removed sri dasam granth sahib parkash and sri dasam granth from darbar sahib ?

- When it was removed from darbar sahib?

- How it was removed?

I mean there gotta be some historical account be it oral or documented, how it was removed? who removed it and when?

For me personally, its not a stretch to believe that they in fact did removed sri dasam granth parkash as sant gyani gurbachan singh writes:

Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhinderawale, narrates that:
When Kartar Singh Kalaswalia [a disciple of Babu Teja Singh] became a Granthi at Harimandir Sahib, he along with others made the decision to cut down verses of the Rahiras. The version that was created by the Panch Khalsa Bhasauria should only be read. Only 25 stanzas of the Chaupai Sahib should be read. They did this and began to recite the Anand Sahib, then Mundavani, and started to read the Ardas without the three closing compositions of the Rahiras. Due to this half the Rahiras is still recited at the Harimandir Sahib.

https://soundcloud.com/gurmat-parchar/changesinrehrasnitnem

3:00 minute onwards.

Do you object to the prostitutes being removed, idols, smoking Mahants running the Gurdwaras with their several women, the Gurdwaras being restored to Gurdwaras instead of Mandir? Hopefully, there is enough proof from the thousands of Sikhs that were imprisoned, injured and made Shaheed that this actually happened.

The British only allowed Nihangs that were acceptable to them in Punjab after the fall of the Sikh empire.In fact they liked photographing to show the exotic people of the empire.

It would be a huge mistake trying to link two unrelated events with one another. The liberation of the Akal Takht happening is not only unrelated to the event that Sant jee is referring to which happened years apart from one another and neither has Sant jee linked the two events to one another.

As one can clearly see from historical photos the Nihangs are the only ones who carry and use spears. The Akalis never carried spears nor are known to have used them. By all accounts the Nihangs had drunk sukha.If this spearing of the Dasam granth story is to be believed then the only ones who were in a position to spear were one of the Nihangs

You are right johnny veer, sant ji didn't relate them at all. But i am pointing out its not a stretch to beleive they thrown out sri dasam granth sahib either before or after systematically cutting chaupi sahib/rehras sahib after as kansia wale was head granthi.

In this historical event dates are relevant but more relevant is Kartar Singh Kalaswalia along with his band if they had any influence removing sri dasam granth sahib and that has to be properly research and explored.

In any case, it be nice to have chronology events of this two events so its easier to understand or probe further.

I am more inclined to beleive sri dasam granth sahib parkash was removed by sgpc/singha sabha as it was but how ? I am not sure..I am neutral on the story of spear. It might be correct or it might be mirch masala from nihangs to make it more dramatic..either way thats hardly any relevance as beadhi was already done when they removed it.

Do you object to the prostitutes being removed, idols, smoking Mahants running the Gurdwaras with their several women, the Gurdwaras being restored to Gurdwaras instead of Mandir? Hopefully, there is enough proof from the thousands of Sikhs that were imprisoned, injured and made Shaheed that this actually happened.

The British only allowed Nihangs that were acceptable to them in Punjab after the fall of the Sikh empire.In fact they liked photographing to show the exotic people of the empire.

Correct me if i am wrong but what a silly offensive comparison you are actually comparing removing sri dasam granth sahib with all of these things above just because other incl me mentioned sri dasam granth sahib was removed you are actually asking do you object to prostitutes being removed, idols, smoking mahants? Please explain correlation between sri dasam granth sahib removal with all you have mentioned above?

The Dasam Granth incident that you are saying occurred would have happened at the same time. So the Singhs who removed the above you are saying damaged the Sri Dasam Granth. That does not add up , the Singhs were pious people who gave their lives to free the Gurdwaras.

Well historically, sri dasam granth sahib parkash was removed from darbar sahib and that's confirmed but more research is needed how, when and who removed it?

It's fact that the sri Dasam Granth was removed from Darbar Sahib during the eviction of the Nihangs from Akal Takht or during the period afterwards.

Either way, it wasn't the Nihangs who removed it nor was it Nihangs who's narrow minded Hindu phobic attitude resulted in the over zealous beadbi of editing the banis that Neo has mentioned.

These actions are solely the responsibility of Singh Sabha lehar and the corrupt regimes I.e:SGPC and election system they incorporated.

Cisco Singh jee, the two incidents are unrelated and happened years apart. The Akal Takht was liberated by Akalis while the incident that Sant Jee mentioned happened years later by Bhasaurias. The Bhasaurias were themselves excommunicated by non other than Singh Sabhia Akalis from the Panth. So much for trying to link Akalis to Bhasaurias.