i was wondering how he had managed to survive for so long on a hunger strike - breaking all previous records several times over...seems like he has been eating (or been fed) ...The video, spanning 11 minutes and 25 seconds, purportedly shows Khalsa having dal, khichdi, lassi, banana shake, vegetables, almonds, milk and other dry fruits.

And, so, he should! It is disgusting to let such an elderly man go on a hunger strike for such a long time, like this. I am happy he is eating at last! This person is the same age as my Nana Ji. Where are the young ones? Do they have no guts to go on a hunger strike for a Cause?

I pray his health will be restored back to normal soon.

Guest Jacfsing2

i was wondering how he had managed to survive for so long on a hunger strike - breaking all previous records several times over...seems like he has been eating (or been fed) ...The video, spanning 11 minutes and 25 seconds, purportedly shows Khalsa having dal, khichdi, lassi, banana shake, vegetables, almonds, milk and other dry fruits.

And, so, he should! It is disgusting to let such an elderly man go on a hunger strike for such a long time, like this. I am happy he is eating at last! This person is the same age as my Nana Ji. Where are the young ones? Do they have no guts to go on a hunger strike for a Cause?

I pray his health will be restored back to normal soon.

He would still be fasting if he wasn't both unconscious and forced to eat.

Hunger strikes are a waste of time, they don't work. Khalsa are tyar bar tyar, akal purakh di fauj, they dont go on hunget strikrls and beg governments to help them.

How many times have we seen this now ? with Bhai Gurbaksh Singh twice. Now Bapu Surat Singh. What results have been achieved ? How many prisoners have been released ?

This

Guest Jacfsing2

Sikh Political Prisoner RELEASED after 25 years and 9 month's!!!

Bhai Waryam Singh has been released in the past few hours.....thanks to Bapu Surat Singhs Hunger Strike campaign!!!

image.jpeg

I'm surprised they even got one person out to be honest, do they just want his strike to end?

Hunger strike has achieved some results.

The issue has received mainstream attention. All human rights orgs took it up.

One prisoner released and some others got parole (they had never got parole before). Couple of others shifted back to Punjab jails from other states.

Issue of human rights violations in Punjab came to fore again and led to new revelations and investigations by journalists.

They mobilised Sikhs in Punjab and elsewhere and showed this issue of Sikh prisoners did indeed matter to Sikhs. Otherwise they thought maybe no one was bothered or aware. Seeing even youth passionately supporting Bapu Surat Singh Khalsa has had an impact on Govt.

I hope more results can be achieved.

Parole is just a government scam, they tried this last time when gurbaksh singh was on his hunger strike.

They gave leave to Singh's who had already completed their sentences and promised the paper work for their full release would be completed while they were on leave so they would not return to jail...

Guess what, they all went back to jail and are still not released, it was all tactics to distract people...