Ragi Kirtan That Do Kirtan In Raag

Guest KhalsaLover

Guest KhalsaLover

I was wondering if any of you guys know any ragi that does kirtan in tunes but still is in Raag. The reason is that I like raag kirtan and want Gurbani to be sung in the way it was meant to ,but I also want to make it easy so people can sing along. So I was thinking why not combine the two.

Please if you know any ragi jatha that does this kinda of Kirtan please post it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prof. Surinder Singh, or follow Jawaddi Taksal, they have a lot of recordings of great Raag Kirtani's, like Dr. Alankar Singh, Prof. Paramjot Singh, Prof. Kanwerdeep Singh, Bhai Harjot Singh, etc. (theres so many I can't name them all haha) and all of it is in Nirdharit Raag as well, meaning that it is sung in the raag that it is prescribed in, for example a shabad that has a sirlekh of Raag Asa, is sung in Raag Asa

• 1 month later...

Prof. Surinder Singh, or follow Jawaddi Taksal, they have a lot of recordings of great Raag Kirtani's, like Dr. Alankar Singh, Prof. Paramjot Singh, Prof. Kanwerdeep Singh, Bhai Harjot Singh, etc. (theres so many I can't name them all haha) and all of it is in Nirdharit Raag as well, meaning that it is sung in the raag that it is prescribed in, for example a shabad that has a sirlekh of Raag Asa, is sung in Raag Asa

Where Can I find Prof Surinder Singh Kirtan. I really like their style of Raag kirtan