Is You Labour Mp Funding Modi's Popstar Welcome Party In Wembley Stadium?

DailyMail

As most of you are aware, a lavish welcome party is being prepared to welcome Modi to the UK, with 60,000 people expected in Wembley Stadium on 13th November.

Sounds rather premature to celebrate a prime minister of a country whereby 50% still defecate in the open air and rape of women has become a hobby. However, if Modi's fan's feel they have something to celebrate, that's their business.

BUT! Are you aware that 3 Labour MP's have pledged to donate their salary increase (£7,000) to help fund the welcome party? Stephen Pound (Ealing North), Keith Vaz (Leicester East) and Virender Sharma (Ealing Southall) have all pledged £7k each? It was reported that Seema Malhotra (Feltham Heston) was to also donate her salary increase but she has released a statement pledging to donate her salary increase to an apprenticeship scheme.

If individuals wish to donate to the Modi welcome party, I don't have an issue. But a parliamentarian is paid from the public purse. I have an issue with this!

This Modi frenzy is peculiar, especially from the Labour party. Modi has attacked worker's rights by reducing the Labour laws from 44 to 4 - I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn will have something to say about that.

In Gujarat, inequality has increased under his chief ministership (although overall prosperity increased) - again, not something that will impress Labour (UK).

Modi's former school of hard knocks, the RSS, have fascist and racist ideologies - something that should concern any parliamentarian, Labour or otherwise.

If you live in Ealing North, Ealing Southall (at least 1/3 Sikh), or Leicester East - please take this up with your respective MP.

Virender Sharma should be questioned on why he withdrew from a Parliamentary EDM that criticised Indias human rights policy. The strange thing is many so called Panthic leaders and Gurdwara Presidents support him. Sikhs , Muslims and Dalit must make up the majority of his votes, all critical of Modi.

Virender Sharma should be questioned on why he withdrew from a Parliamentary EDM that criticised Indias human rights policy. The strange thing is many so called Panthic leaders and Gurdwara Presidents support him. Sikhs , Muslims and Dalit must make up the majority of his votes, all critical of Modi.

If he's on Twitter, that could be a good way of asking that question. Funnily enough, the Daily Mail might be interested in something like that when Modi comes over. It won't be a huge scandal, but a little kick to Modi and his British supporters in the Labour party would be a chance too good to pass up by the Mail. The Guardian will never touch a story like that because of their Labour ties.

Good on Jeremy Corbyn and Alex Salmond for supporting human rights. Unfortunately Virendra Sharma, Keith Vaz are supporting Modi.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/narendra-modi-uk-visit-jeremy-corbyn-alex-salmond-concerned-over-indias-human-rights-record-1525080

Modi UK visit: Jeremy Corbyn and Alex Salmond concerned over India's human rights record

Nearly 40 British MPs have signed a motion calling on David Cameron to raise human rights concerns with India's prime minister, Narendra Modi. The motion was started by Jim Cunningham, Labour MP for Coventry South, in July 2015. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is among the list of supporters, alongside Alex Salmond from the SNP.

Among other issues, the Early Day Motion calls for the release of a number of political prisoners held by the Indian state, condemns the ban on Indian Greenpeace activist Priya Pillai from coming to the UK to address British MPs, and questions the Indian government's ban on the BBC's documentary 'India's Daughter', as well as attempts from Indian authorities to block the film from being shown in the UK. The motion also cites an Amnesty International special report on human rights atrocities in Kashmir.

Sponsors of the motion include John McDonnell (Labour), Peter Bottomley (Conservative), Paul Monaghan (SNP), Ronnie Campbell (Labour) and Alan Meale (Labour).

"I was very happy to support the Early Day Motion in respect of the promotion of human rights in India," Monaghan told IBTimes UK. "While I recognise and respect the right of the people of India to develop their culture and their society as they see fit, I would equally, with the greatest of respect, ask political leaders in India to review the circumstances surrounding the hunger strikes and other protests currently being undertaken by individuals fighting for recognition of human rights in that country."

The motion is supported by a dominant proportion of Labour party MPs, presenting a contrast with a group of Labour party MPs who have actively supported Prime Minister Modi and his visit to the UK in November.

Four Labour MPs have also announced that they would be donating their pay rise to help fund a welcome reception for the Indian Prime Minister at Wembley Arena. One of these Labour MPs had previously signed the motion raising concerns about India's human rights record under Modi, however, Virendra Sharma appeared to have withdrawn his signature before making a donation to the UK Welcomes Modi group.

Jeremy Corbyn has signed the motion as a supporter, rather than a sponsor, but this isn't the first time the newly elected Labour leader has been involved in an Early Day Motion regarding Modi. Corbyn previously sponsored a motion in 2013 calling on the UK's Home Department to reinstitute the ban on Narendra Modi, citing "his role in the communal violence in 2002" in Gujarat. He also tabled a motion in 2015 "deploring" PM Modi's ban on the BBC documentary 'India's Daughter', with 60 MPs signing it in support at the time.

The Indian PM will be visiting the UK in mid-November. He will be the first Indian leader to visit the UK in nearly a decade and is expected to address the UK's Indian community at Wembley arena on 13 November. More than 60,000 people have registered to attend the event. However, a number of Indians in the UK have planned demonstrations to protest against Modi's visit. The groups are also concerned about a number of human rights issues under the current prime minister.

Virendra Sharma had not responded to requests for comment on his involvement with the Early Day Motion at press time.

I have contacts in the Corbyn camp. Trust me, ideally he would like to purge the Labour Party of these closet tories / non-labour careerists. Unfortunately he can't do it unless YOU really want it. This is democracy. According to the Labour Party rules and regulations the ONLY way a sitting MP can be de-selected from being the candidate in the next election is if local members of the party make representations to the national executive committee in walworth road (hq of the labour party). In other words, you and me need to get all our family and friends to join the Labour party in Hounslow and Southall and together, collectively, tell them to inform walworth road that we are unhappy with the 2 current sitting MPs (Malhotra and Sharma).You see, this is why we Sikhs have such poor representation in Parliament. Collectively we don't know how to play the game whereas others do. No amount of lobbying...no amount of massive demonstrations...can get Malhotra and Sharma out. The one and only way....according to the rules and regulations....is if we join the local party en masse and ask the national executive committee to oust them.

On another thread here in the last couple of days it was stated how we....the Sikhs in the UK...are the most active. Active in the sense of being impotently active I would definately agree but the truth is that in Canada the one tenth of us that is active is actually active with potency because, unlike us, collectively they know how to play the political game. So much so that even a plumber that urinates in a cup can get selected.

We......the UK Sikhs.......take 100,000 on marches year after year without understanding that all it would really take is another 7 on the local party books to make a change.

I have contacts in the Corbyn camp. Trust me, ideally he would like to purge the Labour Party of these closet tories / non-labour careerists. Unfortunately he can't do it unless YOU really want it. This is democracy. According to the Labour Party rules and regulations the ONLY way a sitting MP can be de-selected from being the candidate in the next election is if local members of the party make representations to the national executive committee in walworth road (hq of the labour party). In other words, you and me need to get all our family and friends to join the Labour party in Hounslow and Southall and together, collectively, tell them to inform walworth road that we are unhappy with the 2 current sitting MPs (Malhotra and Sharma).You see, this is why we Sikhs have such poor representation in Parliament. Collectively we don't know how to play the game whereas others do. No amount of lobbying...no amount of massive demonstrations...can get Malhotra and Sharma out. The one and only way....according to the rules and regulations....is if we join the local party en masse and ask the national executive committee to oust them.

On another thread here in the last couple of days it was stated how we....the Sikhs in the UK...are the most active. Active in the sense of being impotently active I would definately agree but the truth is that in Canada the one tenth of us that is active is actually active with potency because, unlike us, collectively they know how to play the political game. So much so that even a plumber that urinates in a cup can get selected.

We......the UK Sikhs.......take 100,000 on marches year after year without understanding that all it would really take is another 7 on the local party books to make a change.

yep we need to take note of our brothers and sister success in Canada...Amritdhari Sikh in charge of National Defence ....now that is something I could welcome here ...

yep we need to take note of our brothers and sister success in Canada...Amritdhari Sikh in charge of National Defence ....now that is something I could welcome here ...

its the difference between 'games' and 'gimmicks' jkvlondon.

I haven't looked in a dictionary to see the difference between them and we all know the 2 words are vastly different in meaning but the truth is we UK Sikhs have been demonstrating in our hundreds of thousands when it comes to the 'gimmicks' of politics whearas the Canadian Sikhs have bypassed the gimmicks and entered the 'game' in their hundreds rather than thousands.

'Gimmicks', in political terms are when politicians pretend to listen to what is said on the doorsteps of the electorate. Perhaps during mass demonstrations...perhhaps in the Sikh channel Studio....perhaps on the hustings during elections. These are all just gimmicks.

The 'game', however, is 'getting into the thick of it'. To be part of the game you have to join your local party. At your local party you make your concerns known. At the local party level the candidate has no choice but to listen to your concerns because your concerns have also rubbed off on the other local party members. At that point its all very local but the bigger picture of it is that the candidate who is also present in those local meetings, and is more than aware that the local members decide if he or she has a job or not, goes off to Westminster 5 days a week and has political power in one of the most powerfull nations on earth.

And so this is how democracy works. Little man in little local town joining his little local party membership has TREMENDOUS power in his hands. The day we understand that is the day we finally get our voices heard.

Sikhs can't sit by and see the country which has the largest population of Sikhs turned into a Hindu state. I don't know where you get the idea that he respects and values Sikhi? Maybe you watched some of his speeches but actions not words are what shows the true feelings of a person. Modi has been responsible for the ousting of Sikh farmers from Kutch. His government did not respect the Gujarat high court decision in favour of the Sikh farmers and appealed to the supreme court. This shows what his feeling are towards the Sikhs, Also Sikhs cannot be selective over which mass murderer we are opposed to. Modi might not have been complicit in the killings of Sikhs like he is for the killing of Muslims but after the Muslims are dealt with how will Modi pick on next? Let's think ahead. Modi came to power in a powerful but it is already waning. If the situation gets worst for him there is no doubt that he will engineer another et of riots in order united the Hindus and stay in power. This is the only way tactic that Indian politicians know to stay in power.