How To Wear Kirpan

guptsinghji

spareribs ji, no why would I be cross with you? You know more about this than me. I thought the same thing as you too, and I'm not in any position to advise on it, but if you want my opinion as you asked, I feel it could have been worded differently, to rule out the confusion.

I think it's not a clear cut definition, but they have Amritdhari Sikhs written , I'm assuming both men and women would come under that description.

The next paragraph starting, " It is more common for a man to wear a turban, and there is no restriction for women to cover their hair. "

it specifically says it's more common for a man to wear a turban, which I feel should include women too. The rest from my understanding is explaining, women that do not wear turban/dastaar cover their hair in other ways, so they are not discriminated against from covering their hair.

What would you like to do? I've already messaged Basics of Sikhi and put my reply on, but if others apart from me make them aware of it, then they may see it as a cause for concern. Also I really don't know how to and if I should be intervening in The Akaal Takhat Maryada as I do not know what my rights are concerning this, I wouldn't even know how to word my case to them. I'm worried I may say the wrong thing, thus the reason, I've not pursued it further. Sorry ji, maf kardo.

I am pleased you are not cross with me penji. :biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...