Human Combustion Or Black Magic?

gymdude

Hollika and her brother were ASuras or demons - Her brother the King Hiranyakashyapu did tap because he wanted to become immortal and thus a God but Brahma gave him 5 boons which made it difficult to fufill the conditions to make him die , thus filled with haumai he called on his son Prahlad to abandon his worship of Hari and to pray to him instead. Prahlad's refusal fuelled the intense desire in Hiranyakashyapu to punish and kill Prahlad , yes many attempts were made on his life but all failed due to Hari's protection of his Bhagat. in the End Hiranyakashyapu asks his sister's help in destroying Prahlad . She having gained a boon for her tap had a special cloak garment that prevented her from being harmed by fire. Hiranyakashyapu asked her to sit on a bonfire with Prahlad, by tricking the boy to sit on her lap and she herself took her seat in a blazing fire. The legend has it that Holika had to pay the price of her sinister desire by her life. Holika was not aware that the boon worked only when she entered the fire alone. Prahlad, who kept chanting the name of Lord Naarayana all this while, came out unharmed, as the lord blessed him for his extreme devotion. Vishnu appeared in the form of Narasimha - half human and half lion, at dusk when it was neither day nor night yet, took Hiranyakashyapu at a doorstep which was neither indoors nor outdoors, placed him on his lap which was neither land, water nor air, and then used the lion claws to tear his belly which was neither a hand held weapon nor a launched weapon. In this form, the boon of five special powers granted to Hiranyakashyapu were no longer useful. Hiranyakashyapu was killed. Prahlad and the kingdom of human beings were thus free from the compulsion and fear of Hiranyakashyapu. The good was victorious over evil.

Hollika was just as evil as her brother

Guest Jacfsing2

It makes sense to me, because there were more than 1 instances where he was trying to be killed right. So maybe in that instance Holika ji saved Prahlad Bhagat ji because she was siani.

I agree with those lines Singh ji, but like I said above to Kaur ji that there were many scenes where his dad tried to kill him. Holika ji is even worshiped in some places before they do Holika Dahan because they even say that she was a siani lady who became shaheed to save one of Sri Paramatma ji's bhagat's life.

Halika did not die as a Shaheed, the reason Hindus call that event Holi is because of the fire that Prehlad went through because of Halika, (again the entire family had some complex of taking over the world except for Prahlad).

also Ram japo ji aase aase Dhru Prahlad japio har jaise

That's not how it happened at all. Harnakash's entire family has done some very strange things with the exception of Prahlad. Prahlad being a disciple of Vaheguru Ji was protected from the death he was suppose to get. "ਹਰਿ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਭਗਤ ਉਪਾਇਆ ਪੈਜ ਰਖਦਾ ਆਇਆ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

Har Jug Jug Bhagath Oupaaeiaa Paij Rakhadhaa Aaeiaa Raam Raajae ||

हरि जुगु जुगु भगत उपाइआ पैज रखदा आइआ राम राजे ॥

In each and every age, He creates His devotees and preserves their honor, O Lord King.

ਹਰਣਾਖਸੁ ਦੁਸਟੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਾਰਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਹਲਾਦੁ ਤਰਾਇਆ ॥

Haranaakhas Dhusatt Har Maariaa Prehalaadh Tharaaeiaa ||

हरणाखसु दुसटु हरि मारिआ प्रहलादु तराइआ ॥

The Lord killed the wicked Harnaakhash, and saved Prahlaad.

ਅਹੰਕਾਰੀਆ ਨਿੰਦਕਾ ਪਿਠਿ ਦੇਇ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

Ahankaareeaa Nindhakaa Pith Dhaee Naamadhaeo Mukh Laaeiaa ||

अहंकारीआ निंदका पिठि देइ नामदेउ मुखि लाइआ ॥

He turned his back on the egotists and slanderers, and showed His Face to Naam Dayv.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਐਸਾ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਅੰਤਿ ਲਏ ਛਡਾਇਆ ॥੪॥੧੩॥੨੦॥

Jan Naanak Aisaa Har Saeviaa Anth Leae Shhaddaaeiaa ||4||13||20||

जन नानक ऐसा हरि सेविआ अंति लए छडाइआ ॥४॥१३॥२०॥

Servant Nanak has so served the Lord, that He will deliver him in the end. ||4||13||20||" (Beginning of Rehras Sahib)

Is agree with Jacsing2 ji and Jkvlondon penji, it was Wahegurus Kirpa upon Dhruv Prahlad, due to the simran they did of Gods name that saved them. Guruji tells us this in the Gurbani that Jacsingh2 ji has posted.

Thus the shabad, Ram Japo Ji Aise Aise, reminding us to remember Waheguru.

ਗਉੜੀ ॥ गउड़ी ॥

Ga▫oṛī. Gauri.

ਰਾਮ ਜਪਉ ਜੀਅ ਐਸੇ ਐਸੇ ॥

राम जपउ जीअ ऐसे ऐसे ॥

Rām japa▫o jī▫a aise aise.

O my soul, remember the Lord like,

ਧ੍ਰੂ ਪ੍ਰਹਿਲਾਦ ਜਪਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਜੈਸੇ ॥੧॥

ध्रू प्रहिलाद जपिओ हरि जैसे ॥१॥

Ḏẖarū par▫hilāḏ japi▫o har jaise. ||1||

Dhru and Prahlad meditated on God.

ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਭਰੋਸੇ ਤੇਰੇ ॥ दीन दइआल भरोसे तेरे ॥

Ḏīn ḏa▫i▫āl bẖarose ṯere.

O Merciful to the poor, placing reliance on Thee,

ਸਭੁ ਪਰਵਾਰੁ ਚੜਾਇਆ ਬੇੜੇ ॥੧॥

ਰਹਾਉ ॥ सभु परवारु चड़ाइआ बेड़े ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Sabẖ parvār cẖaṛā▫i▫ā beṛe. ||1|| rahā▫o.

I have embarked all my family on Thine boat. Pause.

ਜਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਮਨਾਵੈ ॥

जा तिसु भावै ता हुकमु मनावै ॥

Jā ṯis bẖāvai ṯā hukam manāvai.

When it pleases Him, then He has His order obeyed,

ਇਸ ਬੇੜੇ ਕਉ ਪਾਰਿ ਲਘਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

इस बेड़े कउ पारि लघावै ॥२॥

Is beṛe ka▫o pār lagẖāvai. ||2||

and He causes this boat to cross over.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਐਸੀ ਬੁਧਿ ਸਮਾਨੀ ॥

गुर परसादि ऐसी बुधि समानी ॥

Gur parsāḏ aisī buḏẖ samānī.

By Guru's grace such understanding is enshrined within me,

ਚੂਕਿ ਗਈ ਫਿਰਿ ਆਵਨ ਜਾਨੀ ॥੩॥

चूकि गई फिरि आवन जानी ॥३॥

Cẖūk ga▫ī fir āvan jānī. ||3||

that my coming and going, over again, have ceased.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਭਜੁ ਸਾਰਿਗਪਾਨੀ ॥

कहु कबीर भजु सारिगपानी ॥

Kaho Kabīr bẖaj sārigpānī.

Says Kabir meditate Thou on God, the earth sustainer.

ਉਰਵਾਰਿ ਪਾਰਿ ਸਭ ਏਕੋ ਦਾਨੀ ॥੪॥੨॥੧੦॥੬੧॥

उरवारि पारि सभ एको दानी ॥४॥२॥१०॥६१॥

Urvār pār sabẖ eko ḏānī. ||4||2||10||61||

In this world the world beyond and everywhere He alone is the Donor.

SGGS Ang 337

?? Dhan Bhagat Kabir ji

• 1 month later...