Inappropriate Language

Singhberkshire

You should check out youtube for calisthenics exercises. They don't required much equipment and use your own body weight. It was developed by African-Americans in prison trying to train with minimal equipment. Great stuff!

Yes, but they don't exercise my tongue enough. The only way to exercise one's tongue is to swear! When I was growing up the grown ups controlled my bad language too much and now they can't! I am free to use my language whichever way I choose.

Gentlemen,

It was a polite note to refrain from using vile language on this site. This site is based on our religion. It's quite obvious from reading some of the posts in response to my request that there are some individuals here who quite clearly could not careless using vile disgusting language sometimes in the same sentences quoting our special Guruji.

Shame on you. If this is the low this site will go to then I am afraid I would not want to be part of it.

The note I had put out was a polite request. Most people have sent me messages expressing how they support my request and are offended by seeing language for which there is clearly no need for. One member in particular has expressed that he sees this vile language being used at his work, warehouses and building site etc etc.

Well this is not the place where such language should be used and quite frankly I am disgusted by some members response.

Please have some respect.

Gentlemen,

It was a polite note to refrain from using vile language on this site. This site is based on our religion. It's quite obvious from reading some of the posts in response to my request that there are some individuals here who quite clearly could not careless using vile disgusting language sometimes in the same sentences quoting our special Guruji.

Shame on you. If this is the low this site will go to then I am afraid I would not want to be part of it.

The note I had put out was a polite request. Most people have sent me messages expressing how they support my request and are offended by seeing language for which there is clearly no need for. One member in particular has expressed that he sees this vile language being used at his work, warehouses and building site etc etc.

Well this is not the place where such language should be used and quite frankly I am disgusted by some members response.

Please have some respect.

I am guilty of swearing as much as the next man whether on here on in daily life. Saying this, I am aware it is not a good trait for Sikhs and we should strive to rid ourselves of this type of language in line with:

gurU kw isK gMd-vwkI nw hovY
The Sikh of the Guru should never speak disgusting speech.
Rehatnama Bhai Chaupaa Singh Jee
nwnk iPkY boilAY qnu mnu iPkw hoie ]
O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.
I should add that in battle Singh's in the past have used swear words to break down or curse the enemy. So maybe everything depends on the situation but it should not become habit.

Guest Jacfsing2

They say siphai's have always used swear words. Men swear, simple.

Do you have any proof that Baba Deep Singh Ji used swear words, Bhai Randhir Singh, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale, Baba Buddha Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji, (both Baba Buddha and Bhai Gurdas served in Guru Hargobind's Akal Sena), or have you heard Bhai Fauja Singh swear.

Guest Jacfsing2

I am deffo trying to change myself, your help and support will be much appreciated.

Vaheguru bless you with that, we all have personal problems admitting is the first step. ???

Do you have any proof that Baba Deep Singh Ji used swear words, Bhai Randhir Singh, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale, Baba Buddha Ji, Bhai Gurdas Ji, (both Baba Buddha and Bhai Gurdas served in Guru Hargobind's Akal Sena), or have you heard Bhai Fauja Singh swear.

Nope, but it is not easy being like them. Go to Punjab, you'll see many of the younger Singhs swearing.