Inappropriate Language

Singhberkshire

Guest Jacfsing2

Nope, but it is not easy being like them. Go to Punjab, you'll see many of the younger Singhs swearing.

I agree that it's not easy; however, we as a community should be smarter on who we view as role models and whatnot. (How else was Prakash Badal elected as with Beant Sio being able to get the majority of Punjab and Sikhs vote?)

WJKK WJKF

I train, both weight training and cardio. I also hunt and I do swear too. But I don't swear in front of my elders, or my sisters as I feel it's inappropriate. I also agree it's inappropriate for dirty language on a platform where we represent the gurus sangat and where other people can read and then derive an opinion based on what they read. There are many other words we can use, to express out feelings...most of us a bilingual too!

Swear all you want in your personal space, but within sangat and public, keep it real and have mithi jabhan even if we disagree.

WJKK WJKF

I train, both weight training and cardio. I also hunt and I do swear too. But I don't swear in front of my elders, or my sisters as I feel it's inappropriate. I also agree it's inappropriate for dirty language on a platform where we represent the gurus sangat and where other people can read and then derive an opinion based on what they read. There are many other words we can use, to express out feelings...most of us a bilingual too!

Swear all you want in your personal space, but within sangat and public, keep it real and have mithi jabhan even if we disagree.

Yeah, but some people are so excessively sensitive that words that wouldn't (or barely) qualify as foul language gets them over excited. That's their problem.

I could understand if people were using certain phrases/words but certain people straight over-react to any little thing.

Seriously......

Thanks to all those who have shown me support in this message. Sadly there are individuals such as dailysingh who think it's all very well to use the disgusting language he on the same platform as our Guruji's.

Sangat ji all I can say is this is a perfect example of a young sikh of today. No Akal, no shame, no direction and no clue on Sikhism. Shame on him and all those who think it's ok to use the filthy language right beside our guruji. Has he even thought of those peeping into this site and the impression it gives? No because he is all me me me.

His mum would be ashamed of him. That's fact.

Yeah, but some people are so excessively sensitive that words that wouldn't (or barely) qualify as foul language gets them over excited. That's their problem.

I could understand if people were using certain phrases/words but certain people straight over-react to any little thing.

Seriously......

It's not sensitivity you si11y person. It's about RESPECT.

Hang your head in shame you besharam .

Yeah, but some people are so excessively sensitive that words that would wouldn't (or barely) qualify as foul language gets them over excited. That's their problem.

WJKK WJKF

yea that's true brother, but again it's in the choice of words which one could use. Also I think age plays apart in it too.

I try and always remember that gurbani instructs us to keep our language sweet, as everyone is apart of our beloved. In the worst torture cases in our history, our shaheed, men and women have not been recorded as cursing or scolding someone with dirty language. From Shiri Guru Arjun dev ji maharaj, to Dhan Dhan Shaheed Baba Mani Singh ji to our mothers who had there children decapated and threaded on rope and draped on them like necklaces. If they kept the rehat in them cases, I'm sure we can too.

WJKK WJKF

yea that's true brother, but again it's in the choice of words which one could use. Also I think age plays apart in it too.

I try and always remember that gurbani instructs us to keep our language sweet, as everyone is apart of our beloved. In the worst torture cases in our history, our shaheed, men and women have not been recorded as cursing or scolding someone with dirty language. From Shiri Guru Arjun dev ji maharaj, to Dhan Dhan Shaheed Baba Mani Singh ji to our mothers who had there children decapated and threaded on rope and draped on them like necklaces. If they kept the rehat in them cases, I'm sure we can too.

Forget it brother. This is a pukkah besharam bewkwoof. Complete besharam

Thanks to all those who have shown me support in this message. Sadly there are individuals such as dailysingh who think it's all very well to use the disgusting language he on the same platform as our Guruji's.

Sangat ji all I can say is this is a perfect example of a young sikh of today. No Akal, no shame, no direction and no clue on Sikhism. Shame on him and all those who think it's ok to use the filthy language right beside our guruji. Has he even thought of those peeping into this site and the impression it gives? No because he is all me me me.

His mum would be ashamed of him. That's fact.

WJKK WJKF

veer ji, we all are very different and at different points of life and different stages of sikhi and understanding. But rather than condemn someone, it's better to try and samjhaa and find common ground, the common ground being our sikhi and our guru.

In this time of need for us to unite we too quickly still scold and dismiss one another.

We are all here to learn from one another, no one needs to hang their heads in shame as we are all sinners and all need the support of sangat.