What About The Women In Sikhism?

SinclairP

I would prefer to stick to my own culture, I am only interested in learning about the Sikh religion. In our culture, women and men are free to choose if they wish to lead a spiritual life, it is a choice available to both sexes. By spiritual life, I mean, there is no pressure for anyone to get married, a person can stay single if that's what they wish for and devote their whole life to spirituality or spiritual pursuits.

One day, I was walking to the shops with two of my baptized Sikh friends. They wear turbans and a small 'khirpen.' Suddenly, we came across two Sikh gentlemen, mature older guys. They greeted me but totally ignored my friends! I am neither baptized nor wear a turban! They noticed what happened and said immediately, that this was a normal behavior of most Sikh men! They said, they never acknowledge their own women if they are baptized and dressed like them! In fact, one of them said, on many occasions she has been stared at by Sikh men wearing turbans themselves. And sometimes, they get 'dirty, rude' looks by Punjabi Sikh men and women just because they look the way they do, meaning, baptized!! Can someone please explain why this is so? I am looking into all this before I decide to be baptized. I don't really understand much about this.

You need to see this

You need to see this

Hanji Singhbj paji I've seen this before.

Although I do not agree with the ways of 3ho Sikhs, the message of Materialism does not fulfill a soul, is portrayed. Sikhi found them, it's interesting to see people being graced by Waheguru and knowing what they are missing out on, they embraced Sikhi. Life isn't all about being "modern".

Hanji Singhbj paji I've seen this before.

Although I do not agree with the ways of 3ho Sikhs, the message of Materialism does not fulfill a soul, is portrayed. Sikhi found them, it's interesting to see people being graced by Waheguru and knowing what they are missing out on, they embraced Sikhi. Life isn't all about being "modern".

the mexican girl is deeply into sikhi ...but the kali singhni is very very filled with superficiality and haumai as she was high up in 3HO ...until Yogi's death then the gorey sikhs took over the whole 'industry' behind and stopped being sikhs ...(another load of vanjare going for the money)

the mexican girl is deeply into sikhi ...but the kali singhni is very very filled with superficiality and haumai as she was high up in 3HO ...until Yogi's death then the gorey sikhs took over the whole 'industry' behind and stopped being sikhs ...(another load of vanjare going for the money)

I thought the other girl was iranian. She says her father is iranian....