Malhi Pardhan Of Sgss Southall Exposed

pangaphish

But my grandma was so cool, and used to tell them to their face what she thought of them lol, and how they voting for them she wouldn't benefit from it as a member of the sangat. We used to think as kids, 'oh no what's she doing'. But as we grew older, we realised she had a brilliant approach, and it did bring on a few red faces. In the end after grandmas telling offs they used to leave with shame. She used to say, " main onu vote payungi, jera sangat le kuch karuga. Twada vangar tha gappa Mari jande, karde kuch nai. Main nai vote pauni twanu ! ". And used to send them on their way.

I miss those old school type bibis who didn't care a toss about social graces and told it like it was fearlessly. It's very telling that many (if not most) of today's educated young bibian rarely have half of the balls some of these old school bibis had.

Pretty much spot on. The uneducated pindoo types can easily be lead like sheep , offer them a bottle of whiskey and they'll queue up to vote for you.

Intimidation and coercion you can understand in countries like India. In the UK this is not a valid excuse. Seriously , its laughable to think people can be rounded up , taken from their houses and transported to Gurdwaras to vote and they don't have enough common sense, education balls or "anakh" to resist this ?

It's actually disheartening to hear that this goes on. As a self-protection mechanism one finds themselves laughing contemptuously at such sheep, but in reality it just highlights how low we've got. <sigh>

Nothing shocking about this. We have replicated the manmat election system of sgpc and brought it to western Gurdwaras. With these elections comes dirty politics, you cannot avoid it. Our Gurdwaras in India and abroad should get rid of election system.

Selection system of the Khalsa is the traditional gurmat way.

With the 'oldies' and their general ignorance you can maybe forgive them, but the inaction of the young is unforgivable and, as I said, testament to the general low standard of education among UK born Sikhs. I mean sure, alot of them have degrees and decent jobs, but they don't really possess genuine intellectual enough to understand a wide range of things. Also, given how Jugraj Singh and the Basics of Sikhi lot were also intimidated and bullied by the Southall Singh sabha hired thugs during election time one begins to understand the sheer level of intimidation directed towards the oldies for their votes.

As I said previously though, the Gurdwara is a registered charity so our generation don't need to sit idly by and just hope the oldies come to their senses, We should be using our education and know-how to force change. Next time there's an election we need to get the charity commission involved and put a stop to this monkey business.

I miss those old school type bibis who didn't care a toss about social graces and told it like it was fearlessly. It's very telling that many (if not most) of today's educated young bibian rarely have half of the balls some of these old school bibis had.

? I miss my grandma too, she used to say it as it is, without being fake. My mum says I'm her junior and have some of her traits too, as I speak my mind. But I used to offend a lot of people that didn't like my views, so I don't really bother now on some things. Nowadays people can't even take constructive criticism that will help them and so recently I've started thinking what's the point in wasting my energy on those younger ones that are close to me that are not even going to take on board anything I say, let them learn for themselves.

Malhi has lied and claimed the committee made decision to let him meet Modi and then go to Wembley and party away as a Sikh representative and all you lot can talk about is committees and elections and pendus and shiekhs.

That's why we are in the position we in boys.

If he has lied, why haven't the rest of the commitee issued a statement clarifying their stance and declaring that they did not give him permission to meet Modi ?

Has the sangat of Southall Singh Sabha Gurdwara held the commitee to account for this ? They are the ones who entrusted this commitee to run their Gurdwara, they need to be the ones asking the questions as well.

Pretty much spot on. The uneducated pindoo types can easily be lead like sheep , offer them a bottle of whiskey and they'll queue up to vote for you.

Intimidation and coercion you can understand in countries like India. In the UK this is not a valid excuse. Seriously , its laughable to think people can be rounded up , taken from their houses and transported to Gurdwaras to vote and they don't have enough common sense, education balls or "anakh" to resist this ?

Uneducated Pendoo types? Please enlighten me, are you by any chance talking about 'your' parents generation or maybe even your own parents? Never ceases to amaze me how ungrateful the youth are towards their own elders. So what if they were/are uneducated, did they have the same opportunities as us when they came to this country? they brought us up the best they could working ridiculous hours, no guidance on jobs and the race situation hardly being favourable to them left many working in factories, foundries, building sites and the like.

With regards to the elections, yes they are easily led and this for sure 'has' to change. Personally I voted for TPV but even they being 'educated' and despite being warned in advance were hoodwinked by so called Pendoos playing the dirty games of Politics.

With the 'oldies' and their general ignorance you can maybe forgive them, but the inaction of the young is unforgivable and, as I said, testament to the general low standard of education among UK born Sikhs. I mean sure, alot of them have degrees and decent jobs, but they don't really possess genuine intellectual enough to understand a wide range of things. Also, given how Jugraj Singh and the Basics of Sikhi lot were also intimidated and bullied by the Southall Singh sabha hired thugs during election time one begins to understand the sheer level of intimidation directed towards the oldies for their votes.

As I said previously though, the Gurdwara is a registered charity so our generation don't need to sit idly by and just hope the oldies come to their senses, We should be using our education and know-how to force change. Next time there's an election we need to get the charity commission involved and put a stop to this monkey business.

The way Trustees are appointed is not clear cut, once in this position it can be for life but if a charity is run properly then in the interest of the charity length of service should be for a set period.