Do We Celebrate Christmas And New Year

carinder

Read up on what happened on the 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23rd of December in our history! It is to do with Anandpur Sahib Ji, Dasmesh Pita Ji and his entire family, his Singhs, Sirsa Nadi, Pariwaar Vishorra, battles of Chamkaur Sahib and Mukatsar. Also read up on Guru Ji's arrival at Machiwarra and Dina Nagar.

December is a very sad month for us. We are suppose to reflect deeply and somberly on the events that took place during this month. Don't forget to pray too.

Yes indeed! The month of December is full of 'dard' for those that care to spend quiet time in recollection. I would also add, reciting the 'Zafarnama' during this period. When our dear Guru ji vacated Ananpur Sahib together with his companions, Sarsa's tide was too high to provide a safe passage for them, so, lots of bad things followed.

But, it's everyone's personal choice how they want to spend this montth.

Guest Jacfsing2

waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fathe

i want to know if we celebrate Chirstmas and new year Because I dont know if we should or should not

thanks waheguru ji khalsa waheguru ji fathe

Nobody's going to stop you; however, it has no real protection for Gurmat. It's ultimately just a day like every other day.

Guest Jacfsing2

it has no meaning for Christians too because it is a bastardisation of Christ's life anniversaries to coincides with ancient pagan festivals : babylonian and Roman look up Saturnalia.

All I said is nobody's going to stop him, it's just a day like every other day.

On xmas day we see it as an extra holiday. When we were younger we used to have a tree and presents, but that's only because everybody our age were having them. And that soon stopped,Coz the tree broke. (I think I contributed to breaking it, Coz I didn't get a dolly . We had no reason to celebrate, it was just an excuse to get a present which wasn't much anyways, like a pair of socks, or a 50p gift that I didn't need. But the chimney was blocked, so Santa Claus couldn't get through lol.

Our elders used to say "evi krismas krusmas, vadhu da karcha". Then we started going to the Gurdwara on Xmas day instead. Pakoreh and brown sauce instead of the turkey kukri.

Nowadays, we just watch what's on tv that day, and the Queens speech or go to Gurdwara if there is a diwan instead.

I stopped celebrating it long time ago. It's only a kids thing because other kids are celebrating at school.

And stopped sending cards too long time ago, as they only go in the bin. And what's the point it means nothing to spend money on materialistic things.

If you don't want a holiday>>>then go and work on Christmas day.

Sikhs who feel so anti-whitey.. should request government to not grant them a holiday status on the 25th and 26th and if they want to work then they should dam well work for standard rate and not time and half, double or triple wage.

money grabbing loudmouths that behave with arrogance and predjudice ......emmmmh very Sikh like in it?