Half Hindu-Half Sikh Families?

SeekerKaur

It's historical I hear. I've luckily got none in my extended family but had a work colleague whom married a Hindu girl.

We get it all mixed up, we're to respect all Religions but remain truthful to our own.

Satkaar sare dharam da, phar vere apne pitta de rehna. - Respect all religions but remain In the garden of our father. [/quote

Just asking out of curiosity, does your colleague let his wife follow her Hindu religion and indulge in Hindu rituals alongwith her or did he get her to follow Sikhi?

Respecting all religions is fine but one should be aware of his/her own religion, history and maryada (if one considers himself religious that is. Liberals etc are a different case). Problem is when you pretend to follow one religion but only "look like it" and in reality know nothing or very less about it, and keep doing other stuff.

Anyone can convert to Sikhi just so you know.. What religion do you think most Indian Punjabis were before they became Sikh?? Even if you see a historical Hindu temple in Punjab, you will see a lot of sardars flocking over there to receive the blessing from whatever devta resides there. Nothing really surprising about that.

pretty disgusting considering they are supposed to follow gurbani's guidance ...no murti is going to do your kalyaan

Anyone can convert to Sikhi just so you know.. What religion do you think most Indian Punjabis were before they became Sikh?? Even if you see a historical Hindu temple in Punjab, you will see a lot of sardars flocking over there to receive the blessing from whatever devta resides there. Nothing really surprising about that.

if there getting blessings from a devta than they weren't really sikhs at all SNM

Yes I agree with you, but those people claim they are worshiping the virtues of those devtas in Punjab because they see the same virtues in our Guru Sahibs..

So times you been told to behave on our site.

You are just a clown meant for the circus with no idea what Sikhi is.

Sikh donot worship any devtas and only imposters like you do that.

Only shameless, brainless, confused clowns try to compare virtues of your devtas with our Guru Sahibs.

LOL!

Looks like some Hindu is promoting Vedas and devi devtas here!

There is no need to visit temples or get blessing of any devta.

Hindus try to fool and scare others by claiming some devta will get rusht or something and thus get them to believe in their myths.

We know what character and leelas so called devtas had. Don't get me started on it. One does not need to worship any so called devta to:prove his or her sanskar!

All Sikh:elders did not visit temples. Only frauds from such half Hindu families did. True Sikhs do not visit temples nor believe in idol:worship of mytho devtas

@Preet, we are very aware of where Sikh sardars go, we were not born yesterday.

Yes I agree with you, but those people claim they are worshiping the virtues of those devtas in Punjab because they see the same virtues in our Guru Sahibs..

Let them claim, who cares. I'm not interested in them when I know the path I want to follow is Sikhi. Do you really think if somebody else is doing it that another will do the same?

You are wrong here, no they do not have the same virtues.

Don't compare Devi/devtas to the Gurus.

Did you even read what I pasted that Guruji says about them? Read it.

" Preet, on 3 Dec 2015 - 01:14, said:

Anyone can convert to Sikhi just so you know.. What religion do you think most Indian Punjabis were before they became Sikh?? Even if you see a historical Hindu temple in Punjab, you will see a lot of sardars flocking over there to receive the blessing from whatever devta resides there. Nothing really surprising about that. "

And you can stop encouraging this bakwas too.

Sikhi does not come from Hinduism, nor from any sects.

GURBANI CAME DIRECTLY FROM WAHEGURU, GOD. NOT FROM ANY OTHER FAITH.

Being an Amritdhari, this is the first thing you should know and accept.

Here's another video for those that still think Sikhi originated from Hinduism.

If you want to worship other places then you are free to, but don't link it with Sikhi, when it's got nothing to do with it. And don't encourage it either, you are wrong to say that.

They are following the guidance of their elders by going to those historical temples. It is better to go there and learn sanksars rather than a lot of Sikhs who do not have sankars and defame anyone because they do not agree. While I agree a murti will not give kalyan, so will nindya not give kalyan!

Try telling them that and they will get rusht with you or anyone who says that. Getting a blessing from a human, or devta.. What is the difference? Both are souls, the difference is the devtas are more advanced and pure than most humans. I always ask someone this question and I never receive a reply "If devtas and humans are both souls, why is it that we can ask people for help, and not devtas when both are souls? People even take help (from animals from farming etc), so why is it frowned upon to ask for help from a devta when it isn't looked down upon to ask for help from an human or animal?'' (PS asking for help is not asking for mukhti)

Firstly, the elders were brainwashed by Pandits and knew no better, thus they are still worshipping another but Waheguru.

Secondly, people giving help in gristhi jeevan is not the same as what you are describing and comparing with the devtas.

It's been explained to you many times, by Kira paji also, but you are unwilling to accept what the truth is. The truth which the Gurus also told us and up to date Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is telling us again and again.

There is only one that will give the true blessing, Waheguru.

The difference is a person does it with Gods grace and asking a devta/devti you are not asking Waheguru, but them instead.

Why are you comparing Devi/devtas to humans?

You seem to be making this into an argument of wanting people to insult Devi/devtas yourself. You are asking and answering your own questions by twisting everything around.

I would suggest nobody replies to her clever questions, it's obvious what's going on.

@Preeet

Devtas mean nothing in Sikhi.

I don't understand how you brought in blessings from devtas or humans.

Sikhs take blessings from only Waheguru. No one else.

All Indian Sikhs do not visit temples. I am from India and know which types visit!

Those who you claim visit temples are of 3 kinds - 1)those from such half Hindu, half Sikh families, 2) those who have been fooled by some pandit, Hindu friend or influenced by tales told on Indian media and all propaganda 3) those who visit just for sight seeing/tourism/curiosity 4)those who merely accompany some friend or colleague.

Not every Sikh or even a large number of Sikhs visit temples or are devotees of any devi devta as you wrote.

I am surprised you claim to be an Amritdhari yet talk like this. Maybe one should update himself/herself on knowledge of Sikhi before taking Amrit. Or atleast learn real Sikhi after taking Amrit instead of pretending to be Amritdhari yet having little idea of Sikhi and more of a Hindu mindset.

Also Preet, you do read posts, but you ignore what's in them.

Here you go, your questions have already been answered in this one, where Harsharan paji, Kira Paji and Sikhni777 penji have contributed and explained, you have read it before, but I'll put it on again so you can read it again:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/77812-bhakti/page-3

Also, how can you say they all are receiving blessings from the mandir? What if they are just doing namaskar, out of respect, as SeekherKaur penji has mentioned by tourists, visitors.

There is a difference between namaskar (greeting) and asking for blessings.

They are following the guidance of their elders by going to those historical temples. It is better to go there and learn sanksars rather than a lot of Sikhs who do not have sankars and defame anyone because they do not agree. While I agree a murti will not give kalyan, so will nindya not give kalyan!

Try telling them that and they will get rusht with you or anyone who says that. Getting a blessing from a human, or devta.. What is the difference? Both are souls, the difference is the devtas are more advanced and pure than most humans. I always ask someone this question and I never receive a reply "If devtas and humans are both souls, why is it that we can ask people for help, and not devtas when both are souls? People even take help (from animals from farming etc), so why is it frowned upon to ask for help from a devta when it isn't looked down upon to ask for help from an human or animal?'' (PS asking for help is not asking for mukhti)

IT IS NOT NINDIYA if it is a statement of truth ....learn the definition before you say stuff biba Preeto

besides Gursikhs only listen to Gian of Jagat Guru not manmat of humans ....

err Indra more advanced than Khalsa do not think so ...Indra was a rapist despite being married and Khalsa 'ek nari jati hoe'