Sukhmani Sahib Question

Guest Helpplease

Guest Helpplease

Hello :)

I am looking to start doing sukhmani sahib for relief of stress and peace of mind. But there is something that is troubling me, in the past I have done sukhmani sahib but each time I finished it something catastrophic has happened in my life. For example last time I did it I received word of the departure of my grandpa, as a result in my ignorance I became afraid that there was something wrong in my recitation.

My question is I am trying my hardest to recite it as perfectly as possible, but will my mistake be judged and lead of bad things happening?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

I am looking to start doing sukhmani sahib for relief of stress and peace of mind. But there is something that is troubling me, in the past I have done sukhmani sahib but each time I finished it something catastrophic has happened in my life. For example last time I did it I received word of the departure of my grandpa, as a result in my ignorance I became afraid that there was something wrong in my recitation.

My question is I am trying my hardest to recite it as perfectly as possible, but will my mistake be judged and lead of bad things happening?

Thank you

Dear brother/sister,

whosoever you maybe, forget all this brhamanvadee belief.

Before even one is born, one´s fate is written. Without fate/destiny nobody can be born. Everything is perfectly and precisely timed.

His recitation can never go wrong, because He is no devi, devta, or avataar.

And, He is beyond any recitation. He is only bound by love, and that, I think you do have and shardaa also. So cool down and relax.

A child learning to walk, may fall down several times, before he walks and even run. And these falling down are not mistakes, but attempts, to become mature and stronger in due time.

Sat Sree akal.

Dear brother/sister,

whosoever you maybe, forget all this brhamanvadee belief.

Before even one is born, one´s fate is written. Without fate/destiny nobody can be born. Everything is perfectly and precisely timed.

His recitation can never go wrong, because He is no devi, devta, or avataar.

And, He is beyond any recitation. He is only bound by love, and that, I think you do have and shardaa also. So cool down and relax.

A child learning to walk, may fall down several times, before he walks and even run. And these falling down are not mistakes, but attempts, to become mature and stronger in due time.

Sat Sree akal.

Hanji, as Paji Harsharan ji has said, don't get stuck in brahmanvadee belief thinking that this will happen, that will happen. Whatever is going to happen will happen or not happen according to one's fate.

May I also add karm to this too. Whatever happens is due to people's karm also. But who knows Wahegurus grace? They may change something any time they wish. And who has seen their previous karm? Nobody...

So don't worry when you are to read Gurbani. Nobody is perfect, and obviously mistakes may be made. If we could do everything perfectly, we wouldn't be here.

Only Waheguru is perfect and the Gurus have guided us how we can try to follow that path.

" A child learning to walk, may fall down several times, before he walks and even run. "

This bit I like Paji. One should get up every time they fall and try again.

To OP, Don't have fear of anything going wrong, God does not punish for the question you have asked in your post. They already know what you are going to do and how, but you have to put in the effort of devotion yourself.

Dear Helpplease jee,
the Bani of Sukhmani Sahib, upon which you have a question, beautifully tells us:
Prabh kai simran kaal parharai.

Remembering God, death is eliminated.

So, if the biggest enemy, the biggest fear of a human being, can be defeated, what other bad luck can fall upon a person who remembers Him as per Gurmat?

Absolutely none.

Other thing is, that which has to pass, will surely happen, whether one wants it or not. So please keep away from your mind, that something bad can happen if one makes mistakes in the recitation.

So what would be the case of the deaf and dumb?

Do you think, it is the pronounciation of your words which take you nearer or away from Him?

No.

It is your love for Him, which matters. For if you love Him, He will pull the string from within and draw you closer and closer towards Him.

You see everything is in His hands, and so is the rope also of your love for Him. He sees not the words you utter, but feels the pull from your side, each time you do His Simran.

We doing is His Simran, is like pressing the door bell of His Darbar. It is signal to Him, saying, Sachay Patshah I am knocking at Your door, please open. Then only He opens from within.

So it is your sentiments for Him, your "bireh", your thirst for His Darshan which counts...nothing else.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Jacfsing2

I would like to add that everything Vaheguru does should be seen as good for us. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Arjun Dev Ji was being burned alive but instead of saying this was bad, but instead said: "tera kiya mitha lage"(oh God! ur actions seems sweet to me) Even though this is a very difficult situation for anyone who is not the very form of Vaheguru in human form, it still must be our "goal" for us to be able to look at all of Vaheguru's things and see Hukam as good.