Black People And Sikhs

Sakura

Who's not aware? I am aware of Rastas but they are very few compared to Sikhs especially in the UK. Also, I'm not saying it's purely the turban. I think being Indian with the Turban is what may be setting them off (the ones who get set off).

I'm talking about that chap who's eyeing you up, puttar.

Just say Waagawaaaaaaaan blud

We both know that a lot of apnay are complete pajamay; that's the root of the problem in my eyes.

Yeah too many pushovers in our community, not all but probably the majority. They need to be more confrontational but I think a lot of us have been brought up to think having a school fight is the biggest sin in the world. Oh, it's gonna be the end of your future, career, reputation blah blah blah. I remember hearing this when I was younger.

There are unfortunately plenty of 'care in the community' cases at large especially in major city's, and unfortunately black folks make up a large number of these. You also have plenty of 'gang' types / wannabes who will kick off at the slightest thing. If you stand out then you might experience this more. On the flip side whenever I've encountered rasta's they refer to me as 'bredrin' which is kind of nice.

The church-going, God-fearing Blacks in England are fine; nice people, even temperaments, and generally decent, hard-working people. It's the others who live on estates and in high-rise flats that you need to be careful of. As someone mentioned earlier, they can sniff weakness out very easily. Show them you mean business and, by and large, you'll be left alone. Behave timidly or show fear, and they'll take you for a ride. I had some trouble with a coarse black family a while back; they assumed I was one of those pappu Indians because I live simply, keep quiet, etc. They have a word for us... "Coolies". Anyway, that family thought they could take liberties.

There were a spate of burglaries and violent attacks on my street a while ago, and one night someone had their car windows smashed. I came out with a talwar, middle of the night, breathing heavily, and I prowled and paced up and down the area infront of my home, lol, and the aforementioned family saw me from their window. Ever since then it's been, "Good morning", "Happy Easter", "Merry Christmas" etc, lol. Trust me, it's not something I make a habit of doing, but sometimes a message needs to be sent... even if one does feel like a complete 1diot doing it.

I haven't met many rastas but yeah I can imagine them being different. I hope I am not giving off any pappu vibes lol. Because I'm one of the only very few Indians I know who is ready to fight anyone.

I'm thinking if it's a case of they give these vibes (wanting to start something) to every Singh whether he's a p'''y or not but I notice it more because I'm more conscious of it and looking out for it?

I get similar vibes from Pakistanis which I'm sure many other Singhs do too.

Anyway I guess the best way to handle it is just to be more present in my own head and just make less eye contact with strangers. This I'm working on. Otherwise I'd be getting into fights all the time.

Anyway I guess the best way to handle it is just to be more present in my own head and just make less eye contact with strangers. This I'm working on. Otherwise I'd be getting into fights all the time.

You must learn when to keep eye contact and when to break it. Too soon and you'll come across as a coward; too late and you'll invite unnecessary trouble, especially if the other guy is a bit touchy. Knowing when to do it comes with experience. For yourself, always keep a neutral expression on your face, making you difficult to read. A perpetual scowl can be as foolish as a constant gormless grin.