Black People And Sikhs

Sakura

You must learn when to keep eye contact and when to break it. Too soon and you'll come across as a coward; too late and you'll invite unnecessary trouble, especially if the other guy is a bit touchy. Knowing when to do it comes with experience. For yourself, always keep a neutral expression on your face, making you difficult to read. A perpetual scowl can be as foolish as a constant gormless grin.

Yeah, you've got to read each situation. Just in the past day or two I've had about 3 cases of people staring me right in my eyeballs. I think they were testing me out. One was even some young white b1tch on the tube.

Watch out for mixed race twats too. A lot of them have white mothers (A LOT of west Indian men have jungle fever!) who I think fill their heads up with anti 'paki' stuff about our lot not integrating and whatnot.

I remember teaching this mixed-raced girl a few years ago from mixed mainly white and black town. She was very inquisitive about other cultures and communities, including mine. When I showed her that other communities routinely segregate themselves without all the hate that 'asians' face, like Jews, Greeks and Chinese people, she was like "Yeah, I see it now."

Towards the end she turned around and said to me one day: "I'm so glad I met you, because before I had this really negative impression of 'asians' from what everyone had told me about them."

Point is, there will be hordes of kids who haven't had their preconceptions challenged and have been taught these views about brown folk.

You must learn when to keep eye contact and when to break it. Too soon and you'll come across as a coward; too late and you'll invite unnecessary trouble, especially if the other guy is a bit touchy. Knowing when to do it comes with experience. For yourself, always keep a neutral expression on your face, making you difficult to read. A perpetual scowl can be as foolish as a constant gormless grin.

Yeah I'm fine when having convos with people eye contact wise. But I'm just saying generally, I think people look at each other too much anyway (myself included at times) which can lead to all sorts of feelings of 'why is that person looking at me', from both sides. What I want to do is just be more focused on my internal thoughts and state of presence.

Yeah, you've got to read each situation. Just in the past day or two I've had about 3 cases of people staring me right in my eyeballs. I think they were testing me out. One was even some young white b1tch on the tube.

Watch out for mixed race twats too. A lot of them have white mothers (A LOT of west Indian men have jungle fever!) who I think fill their heads up with anti 'paki' stuff about our lot not integrating and whatnot.

I remember teaching this mixed-raced girl a few years ago from mixed mainly white and black town. She was very inquisitive about other cultures and communities, including mine. When I showed her that other communities routinely segregate themselves without all the hate that 'asians' face, like Jews, Greeks and Chinese people, she was like "Yeah, I see it now."

Towards the end she turned around and said to me one day: "I'm so glad I met you, because before I had this really negative impression of 'asians' from what everyone had told me about them."

Point is, there will be hordes of kids who haven't had their preconceptions challenged and have been taught these views about brown folk.

Yes mate, I'm glad you said this. I noticed mixed race people to be some of the worst offenders. I mean, they don't know where they stand. They can have the race hate from their white side and then the aggressiveness and ghettoness from the black side. Makes it a perfect cocktail to take out on us browns.

I remember when I was in college (I was a bit less confrontational then, but even then was at times) I was speaking to a mixed race girl from my class on the bus. Her friend (a mixed race guy) came on the bus and started chatting to her. When I spoke to her, he asked me what I want. The convo got started between them again before I had time to say anything (tbh, I was taken a bit back by it and didn't know what to say). I then heard him whisper to her 'don't talk to him (me), he is not our kind'. He didn't say it to my face he mumbled it to her. I regret not confronting him about it to this day (he was just talking to her about how he'd been arrested so I reckon I may have been a bit intimated by that). But if it happened today, I wouldn't give a toss.

Losers, and they call us racists!

Yes mate, I'm glad you said this. I noticed mixed race people to be some of the worst offenders. I mean, they don't know where they stand. They can have the race hate from their white side and then the aggressiveness and ghettoness from the black side. Makes it a perfect cocktail to take out on us browns.

Not saying blacks can't have the race hate as they can and they do

Why do you think we're singled out in the example you gave above, whilst other races fly under the radar? I can't imagine it's anything to do with weakness as a race, because the Chinese or the Jews are hardly powerhouses in the UK. Is there an element of envy; the general assumption that we're hard workers and we get on with stuff, whilst having our own language, as well as other impenetrable barriers that are difficult for outsiders to overcome?

Why do you think we're singled out in the example you gave above, whilst other races fly under the radar? I can't imagine it's anything to do with weakness as a race, because the Chinese or the Jews are hardly powerhouses in the UK. Is there an element of envy; the general assumption that we're hard workers and we get on with stuff, whilst having our own language, as well as other impenetrable barriers that are difficult for outsiders to overcome?

Me and my half white and half indian friend always talk about this. It's so deep. One of his reasons is that the British conquered India but the Chinese didn't get conquered hence they have more respect for the Chinese which I'm not sure I agree with.

I reckon the main reason is this. Brits like to think of themselves as very open and accepting and tolerant. The thing is, they are not, unless you completely assimilate. For them, integration is not enough. They want you to completely lose everything about your culture/religion. Only then, you may be accepted as much as Dwayne the kala.

There is a massive difference between integration and assimilation but when they talk about integration, what they are really talking about is assimilation.

Even the Chinese, they have english names etc and they don't have any blatant religious/cultural clothing like we do in this country.

Me and my half white and half indian friend always talk about this. It's so deep. One of his reasons is that the British conquered India but the Chinese didn't get conquered hence they have more respect for the Chinese which I'm not sure I agree with.

I reckon the main reason is this. Brits like to think of themselves as very open and accepting and tolerant. The thing is, they are not, unless you completely assimilate. For them, integration is not enough. They want you to completely lose everything about your culture/religion. Only then, you may be accepted as much as Dwayne the kala.

There is a massive difference between integration and assimilation but when they talk about integration, what they are really talking about is assimilation.

Even the Chinese, they have english names etc and they don't have any blatant religious/cultural clothing like we do in this country.

Good points. I think there's an element of truth in your theories. Equally, blacks were literally slaves for many, many years in various places, so us being conquered isn't something black folk can get on their high horse about.

The integration / assimilation point is spot on. They (whites) really do want us to lose everything of ours that makes us who we are. Deep down - and they'll never admit it - they consider Indians and Blacks to be inferior races; savages. They'll contort themselves into all manner of shapes to deny it, but it's true.

The difference between us and blacks being that there's an element of fear the white man feels about black people, that simply isn't there when it comes to us. In a way, this current age of Islamic extremism is sowing the seeds for them to be feared by the white guy in much the same way, but the slight difference being the Muslim is perceived to be from the same - or quite similar geographically - sub-continental race / location that we originate from. I think it'll take a few more generations for the Muslims to gain that alpha quality (rightly or wrongly) that the blacks have naturally. And all it took was international terrorism(!).

As in wielding power over the British Government or as in energetic workforce, which one?

Take a wild guess.

The difference between us and blacks being that there's an element of fear the white man feels about black people, that simply isn't there when it comes to us.

I've thought about this too. I reckon it could also be a guilty conscience thing about the past i.e. slavery. They go out of the way to show they are not racist to them because of the collective guilty conscience.

I've thought about this too. I reckon it could also be a guilty conscience thing about the past i.e. slavery. They go out of the way to show they are not racist to them because of the collective guilty conscience.

I don't feel that's the case. It might be in a few isolated cases, but not broadly. You have to remember, the whites have an almost collective belief that, I believe, is almost coded into thrm on a cellular level, lol, that they are the dominant race on earth; coupled with historical propaganda ("history is written by the victors"), cultural imperialism (Hollywood portraying whites as the stars of the show, whilst minorities are the supporting act), and other smaller aspects that all contribute to their unshakeable confidence that THEY can never be wrong. You see it in modern times when minorities are beginning to speak up loudly, and whites do not like it one bit. "Political correctness gone mad" is one stock phrase they bleat about ad nauseam when they feel powerless and voiceless, I.E. they want to put the so-called or perceived weaker races in their place by being able to say and do what they like, unhindered by restraint.

Don't get me wrong, I really like white folk, lol. They've given the world so many great things, but they've also destroyed many things, but somehow that's seen as a necessary evil or "progress" when they do it. But that's not to say I'm blind to their tics and habits; you can't be lulled into a false sense of security by anyone, white or otherwise.