Black People And Sikhs

Sakura

You have to remember, the whites have an almost collective belief that, I believe, is almost coded into thrm on a cellular level, lol, that they are the dominant race on earth; coupled with historical propaganda ("history is written by the victors"),

That's because they were so successful in their military and cultural imperialism for so long. Current events are testing all these deeply rooted conceptions though. That's another source of their anger. They are thinking "How dare they challenge us!"

One other important thing re: blacks and/or ANY other communities that have been oppressed -

OPPORTUNISM!

Blacks have a long history of being on the receiving end of whites from all angles. Some of them will be happy as hell that someone else is taking the flack now.

I remember watching this really witty Latino comedian from the US once and he said (about 9/11) words to the effect of:

'When that happened blacks and latinos in America were like "You're it now! It's your turn to take all the sh1t!" We finally get a break! Yay! Terrorist muthaf**kas!' lol

Imagine if a black or white Sikh was reading this thread lol. A lot of generalisations. There are hundreds of different ethnic/cultural/national groups amoungst black/white people. All have different schools of thought, Faith and History. We got to be careful not to make sweeping statements.

Imagine if a black or white Sikh was reading this thread lol. A lot of generalisations. There are hundreds of different ethnic/cultural/national groups amoungst black/white people. All have different schools of thought, Faith and History. We got to be careful not to make sweeping statements.

Do you honestly think that they don't have opinions about us? Positive and negative?

Any black or white people reading this should understand the context.

But you are right. Black people widely differ. Africans are very different to West Indians and African-Americans. Even within West Indians, Jamaicans are different from say Trinidadians.

And like all communities they have variance within their populations too.

I don't think it's really surprising that a race that undoubtedly has an inferiority complex/emotional trauma is going to lash out against people who hold firm to their beliefs and hold their heads high. I think they see what they aren't and it upsets them.

Think about it this way... could Sikhs ever have been enslaved? lol don't think so. Blacks aren't willing to battle to the last man and go body for body koon for koon.

My uncle was telling me a story and it's kind of vague what I recall but the jest of it was like this. There was a war between Sikhs and someone else and some sort of cannon weapon was broken and required someone to hold it up on one side as it was fired. Problem is every time it was fired a Singh gained Shaheedi.. and yet the Singhs still went to their death one after the other. If anyone knows anything about this or can elaborate on it would appreciate it as my uncle lives in Punjab and I only see him once every few years.

I don't think it's really surprising that a race that undoubtedly has an inferiority complex/emotional trauma is going to lash out against people who hold firm to their beliefs and hold their heads high. I think they see what they aren't and it upsets them.

Be careful of what you say. It's all in karma and we don't want Waheguru to bring us down any lower than we already are because we are full of puffed up pride. Don't invite trouble on our heads like this, you should be aware that the only reason we didn't end up as Moghul slaves is because Waheguru blessed us by sending us our Gurus who taught us to live with honour. If we didn't have this nadar, God knows what our state would have been

Think about it this way... could Sikhs ever have been enslaved? lol don't think so. Blacks aren't willing to battle to the last man and go body for body koon for koon.

We were for a hundred years - between 1849 till just after WW2. If some foreigners forcing themselves into your heartland and then destroying your (and taking total control over) your government isn't slavery, I don't know what is.

My uncle was telling me a story and it's kind of vague what I recall but the jest of it was like this. There was a war between Sikhs and someone else and some sort of cannon weapon was broken and required someone to hold it up on one side as it was fired. Problem is every time it was fired a Singh gained Shaheedi.. and yet the Singhs still went to their death one after the other. If anyone knows anything about this or can elaborate on it would appreciate it as my uncle lives in Punjab and I only see him once every few years.

I read this too in some old account of a Sikh battle. If I ever come across it again, I'll give the source. It's in one of the books in my library, can't remember which though. I think your uncle read the same work.

Battle for Multan 1818 of Maharaja Ranjit Singh against Muzaffar Khan.