Black People And Sikhs

Sakura

It took the Sikhs 9 years and numerous battles to take Multan.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh had defeated Muzaffar Khan twice before 1818, however left him to govern Multan, but owing allegiance to Lahore, rather than Kabul to which Multan had been annexed to. However Khan, proving himself to be treacherous a third time, was not forgiven and Multan was conquered.

Be careful of what you say. It's all in karma and we don't want Waheguru to bring us down any lower than we already are because we are full of puffed up pride. Don't invite trouble on our heads like this, you should be aware that the only reason we didn't end up as Moghul slaves is because Waheguru blessed us by sending us our Gurus who taught us to live with honour. If we didn't have this nadar, God knows what our state would have been

We were for a hundred years - between 1849 till just after WW2. If some foreigners forcing themselves into your heartland and then destroying your (and taking total control over) your government isn't slavery, I don't know what is.

I read this too in some old account of a Sikh battle. If I ever come across it again, I'll give the source. It's in one of the books in my library, can't remember which though. I think your uncle read the same work.

bro comparing colonialism with slavery is kind of a stretch no? I mean the goray even tried to put us on a pedestal (I know it was manipulation/divide and conquer, but there is clearly some truth to it) saying Sikhs were martial race etc. that's quite a bit different than being whipped and forced to work a field day and night. I just think black's still feel these scars left on their psyche. There have been very few blacks that actually represented what we could call "chardi kala" and they were usually quickly silenced. I'm not trying to put down blacks, but we gotta call it for what it is. They've revealed themselves to be pushovers. I also think it's a matter of religion and faith.. because despite the obvious differences between Sikhi and Islam they both instill warrior mentality, and the blacks that have adopted Islam (Somolia, Nigeria, Mali) are quite sprung. I think blacks should adopt Sikhi and they would see their situation change as they are instilled with the chardi kala of Waheguru Ji.

bro comparing colonialism with slavery is kind of a stretch no? I mean the goray even tried to put us on a pedestal (I know it was manipulation/divide and conquer, but there is clearly some truth to it) saying Sikhs were martial race etc. that's quite a bit different than being whipped and forced to work a field day and night.

Your vichaar makes me laugh bro. It's like a girl who has been pimped out, and used and abused, turning around and saying "Well at least my pimp never beat the sh1t out of me like that other b1tch over there, plus he said I was the prettiest one out of us all! I'm special!"

Maybe the ones who had to be viciously beaten into submission, showed more heart than the gullible ones who just heard a few sweet words and gave it up?

lol

I do notice this persistent strain amongst juts to sort of twist Sikhi and Sikh history into the same shape they do with jut culture and essentially reduce it to another reason to blow their egos up. You should restrain yourself from that, that just leads to your downfall and makes us look dumb. It always strikes me as REALLY ironic that certain people twist the faith, which itself is based on moderating one's ego, into the very opposite - i.e. yet another reason for balle balle, shava shava egoist self-aggrandisement.