Black People And Sikhs

You have to remember, the whites have an almost collective belief that, I believe, is almost coded into thrm on a cellular level, lol, that they are the dominant race on earth; coupled with historical propaganda ("history is written by the victors"),

That's because they were so successful in their military and cultural imperialism for so long. Current events are testing all these deeply rooted conceptions though. That's another source of their anger. They are thinking "How dare they challenge us!"

• Like 1
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the white does fear from the Asian is that we belong to an ancient civilisation and we have a culture of learning and intellectualism. The white man has been in the ascendency since they had the

Good and bad in all people. Just gotta becareful in the area's and times you live in and if you do get attacked you either defend yourself or you report the anti-sikh hate crime to Sikh organisations

despite all they have experienced there are such things as Black people being racists , I have noticed West Africans really are not friendly to Indians in general and some are very nasty to sikhs as w

One other important thing re: blacks and/or ANY other communities that have been oppressed -

OPPORTUNISM!

Blacks have a long history of being on the receiving end of whites from all angles. Some of them will be happy as hell that someone else is taking the flack now.

I remember watching this really witty Latino comedian from the US once and he said (about 9/11) words to the effect of:

'When that happened blacks and latinos in America were like "You're it now! It's your turn to take all the sh1t!" We finally get a break! Yay! Terrorist muthaf**kas!' lol

• Like 1

Imagine if a black or white Sikh was reading this thread lol. A lot of generalisations. There are hundreds of different ethnic/cultural/national groups amoungst black/white people. All have different schools of thought, Faith and History. We got to be careful not to make sweeping statements.

• Like 1

Imagine if a black or white Sikh was reading this thread lol. A lot of generalisations. There are hundreds of different ethnic/cultural/national groups amoungst black/white people. All have different schools of thought, Faith and History. We got to be careful not to make sweeping statements.

Do you honestly think that they don't have opinions about us? Positive and negative?

Any black or white people reading this should understand the context.

But you are right. Black people widely differ. Africans are very different to West Indians and African-Americans. Even within West Indians, Jamaicans are different from say Trinidadians.

And like all communities they have variance within their populations too.

I don't think it's really surprising that a race that undoubtedly has an inferiority complex/emotional trauma is going to lash out against people who hold firm to their beliefs and hold their heads high. I think they see what they aren't and it upsets them.

Think about it this way... could Sikhs ever have been enslaved? lol don't think so. Blacks aren't willing to battle to the last man and go body for body koon for koon.

My uncle was telling me a story and it's kind of vague what I recall but the jest of it was like this. There was a war between Sikhs and someone else and some sort of cannon weapon was broken and required someone to hold it up on one side as it was fired. Problem is every time it was fired a Singh gained Shaheedi.. and yet the Singhs still went to their death one after the other. If anyone knows anything about this or can elaborate on it would appreciate it as my uncle lives in Punjab and I only see him once every few years.

I don't think it's really surprising that a race that undoubtedly has an inferiority complex/emotional trauma is going to lash out against people who hold firm to their beliefs and hold their heads high. I think they see what they aren't and it upsets them.

Be careful of what you say. It's all in karma and we don't want Waheguru to bring us down any lower than we already are because we are full of puffed up pride. Don't invite trouble on our heads like this, you should be aware that the only reason we didn't end up as Moghul slaves is because Waheguru blessed us by sending us our Gurus who taught us to live with honour. If we didn't have this nadar, God knows what our state would have been

Think about it this way... could Sikhs ever have been enslaved? lol don't think so. Blacks aren't willing to battle to the last man and go body for body koon for koon.

We were for a hundred years - between 1849 till just after WW2. If some foreigners forcing themselves into your heartland and then destroying your (and taking total control over) your government isn't slavery, I don't know what is.

My uncle was telling me a story and it's kind of vague what I recall but the jest of it was like this. There was a war between Sikhs and someone else and some sort of cannon weapon was broken and required someone to hold it up on one side as it was fired. Problem is every time it was fired a Singh gained Shaheedi.. and yet the Singhs still went to their death one after the other. If anyone knows anything about this or can elaborate on it would appreciate it as my uncle lives in Punjab and I only see him once every few years.

I read this too in some old account of a Sikh battle. If I ever come across it again, I'll give the source. It's in one of the books in my library, can't remember which though. I think your uncle read the same work.

• Like 1

Battle for Multan 1818 of Maharaja Ranjit Singh against Muzaffar Khan.

• Like 1

It took the Sikhs 9 years and numerous battles to take Multan.

Maharaja Ranjit Singh had defeated Muzaffar Khan twice before 1818, however left him to govern Multan, but owing allegiance to Lahore, rather than Kabul to which Multan had been annexed to. However Khan, proving himself to be treacherous a third time, was not forgiven and Multan was conquered.

• Like 1

Be careful of what you say. It's all in karma and we don't want Waheguru to bring us down any lower than we already are because we are full of puffed up pride. Don't invite trouble on our heads like this, you should be aware that the only reason we didn't end up as Moghul slaves is because Waheguru blessed us by sending us our Gurus who taught us to live with honour. If we didn't have this nadar, God knows what our state would have been

We were for a hundred years - between 1849 till just after WW2. If some foreigners forcing themselves into your heartland and then destroying your (and taking total control over) your government isn't slavery, I don't know what is.

I read this too in some old account of a Sikh battle. If I ever come across it again, I'll give the source. It's in one of the books in my library, can't remember which though. I think your uncle read the same work.

bro comparing colonialism with slavery is kind of a stretch no? I mean the goray even tried to put us on a pedestal (I know it was manipulation/divide and conquer, but there is clearly some truth to it) saying Sikhs were martial race etc. that's quite a bit different than being whipped and forced to work a field day and night. I just think black's still feel these scars left on their psyche. There have been very few blacks that actually represented what we could call "chardi kala" and they were usually quickly silenced. I'm not trying to put down blacks, but we gotta call it for what it is. They've revealed themselves to be pushovers. I also think it's a matter of religion and faith.. because despite the obvious differences between Sikhi and Islam they both instill warrior mentality, and the blacks that have adopted Islam (Somolia, Nigeria, Mali) are quite sprung. I think blacks should adopt Sikhi and they would see their situation change as they are instilled with the chardi kala of Waheguru Ji.

bro comparing colonialism with slavery is kind of a stretch no? I mean the goray even tried to put us on a pedestal (I know it was manipulation/divide and conquer, but there is clearly some truth to it) saying Sikhs were martial race etc. that's quite a bit different than being whipped and forced to work a field day and night.

Your vichaar makes me laugh bro. It's like a girl who has been pimped out, and used and abused, turning around and saying "Well at least my pimp never beat the sh1t out of me like that other b1tch over there, plus he said I was the prettiest one out of us all! I'm special!"

Maybe the ones who had to be viciously beaten into submission, showed more heart than the gullible ones who just heard a few sweet words and gave it up?

lol

I do notice this persistent strain amongst juts to sort of twist Sikhi and Sikh history into the same shape they do with jut culture and essentially reduce it to another reason to blow their egos up. You should restrain yourself from that, that just leads to your downfall and makes us look dumb. It always strikes me as REALLY ironic that certain people twist the faith, which itself is based on moderating one's ego, into the very opposite - i.e. yet another reason for balle balle, shava shava egoist self-aggrandisement.