I Believe Guru Nanak Wanted His Sikhs To Be Astral Travelers.

MAJHAIL_JATT

One of the greatest astral travellers of all time was Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first master of the Sikhs. He was so powerful that he could take people in their physical body to other realms, not just their astral body. When Guru Nanak was in Iraq, he took the son of the head priest of Iraq to other worlds and brought back a sweet pudding known as parshad. This is recorded in a scripture known as the Bhai Gurdas Vaaran:

Here in Baghdad he has shown a great miracle. Meanwhile he (Baba Nanak) talked about myriads of netherworlds and skies. Pir Dastegir asked (the Baba) to show him whatever he had seen. Guru Nanak Dev taking along with him the son of the pir, melted into thin air. And in a wink of eye visualized him the upper and lower worlds. From the nether world he brought a bowl full of sacred food and handed it over to pir. This manifest power (of the Guru) cannot be made to hide.” (Vaar 1 Pauri 36)

The Devotees and Saints whose spiritual writings are also included within the Sikh Holy Scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib, such as Bhagat Kabir Ji also received all their knowledge directly from God through astral travel or soul travel.

Astral travel allows us to have a direct experience of God. It gives one an absolute knowingness that we are not our physical body or even our mind, and travel to the highest planes of consciousness.

The Dasam Dwaar also Dasamadvara is the Tenth Door or Gate in addition to the physical body having nine openings (two eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth and the organs of procreation and excretion). It is at the top of the head, the Brahmarandhra that opens upon Kundalini awakening when we feel the Cool Breeze. It is open on all babies who are born with a soft spot called the anterior fontenal. Sikhs believe that there are 10 'gates' to the body; Some understand 'gates' as another word for 'chakras' or energy centres.however, gates are physical opening which are also understood as chand-suraj(sight), pavan (air), pani (water) signifying eyes, ears/nose and mouth (ref:Sri Guru Granth Sahib 974:9)The top most energy level is the called the tenth gate or dasam dwaar where Anhad Bani: The unstruck sound current of the Shabad vibrates.

In Gurmat, Dasam Dwaar is in Heart.

According to Sikhism the Tenth Gate can only be opened by the Guru's grace and is vital for Self-realization and enlightenment.

The energy channels of the Ida, Pingala and Shushmanaa:

These three dwell in one place.

This is the true place of confluence of the three sacred rivers:

This is where my mind takes its cleansing bath.

O Saints, the Immaculate Lord dwells there;

How rare are those who go to the Guru, and understand this.

The all-pervading immaculate Lord is there.

What is the insignia of the Divine Lord's dwelling?

The unstruck sound current of the Shabad vibrates there.

There is no moon or sun, no air or water there.

The Gurmukh becomes aware, and knows the Teachings.

Spiritual wisdom wells up, and evil-mindedness departs;

The nucleus of the mind sky is drenched with Ambrosial Nectar.

One who knows the secret of this device, meets the Supreme Divine Guru.

The Tenth Gate is the home of the inaccessible, infinite Supreme Lord.

Above the store is a niche, and within this niche is the commodity.

Raam Kalee, The Word of Baynee Jee, Adi Granth, p. 974.

I would also like to add lucid dreaming is not the same as astral projection. Lucid dreaming may have an element of truth but I believe real TRUTH lies on the astral planes. This isn't to say one couldn't have an OBE astral projection once sleeping, but the distinction between a lucid dream and the former is like night and day.

To prove that the astral plane is VERY REAL with empirical evidence, scientists conducted an experiment where people who had frequent astral projections/OBE's where able to read a number they would not be able to physically see in this realm.

It is not easy reaching this state intentionally, it requires full control of your body, energy centers, and executive function. I have only achieved it twice, and both times it happened with no forewarning or attempt on my part. The first time I was lying on my back conscious and experienced sudden paralysis. Next thing I know I am out of body shooting through the sky like a star. At that time I came away from the experience feeling like I was being shown something. The second time I believe I was in REM sleep state and I heard this loud "bang bang bang" (that apparently never happened on this physical plane) on my wall and was startled awake but my body was still sleeping, resulting in another OBE experience where I literally jumped out of bed all startled, tumbled to the ground only to realize I wasn't in what we describe as our physical dimension. This repeated 2 times until I was finally able to re-enter my physical body.

I have now willingly tried 4 times now to reach this astral plane and I believe yesterday my 4th time I was on the very verge of leaving my body but chickened out as the sensations of the vibration stage almost brought on a panic attack. My heart went out of control racing, rapid breathing, ringing in ears, and primordial vibrations. This was accompanied by this intense electromagnetic polarity feeling from the top of my head, a very primordial feeling that while intense and even scary, felt oddly familiar in some way. It is said once you can reign in the fear of the unknown at this stage, you can essentially leave your physical body for the astral plane.

Here are the steps that worked for me to reach the vibrational stage:

1) Find a dark and comfortable spot on your back, can be a recliner or your bed.

2) Flex muscles from head to toe to relax your body.

3) I personally put on headphones with OM mantra

4) Once in comfortable position you CANNOT move anymore.

5) Focus on your 3rd eye

6) Allow your body to metaphorically "melt" away while chanting the mantra in your head, maintaining focus on 3rd eye. This could take some time to reach sufficient level.

7) Once your body feel extremely heavy and numb, imagine yourself rising, then melting, then rising.

8) Then alternate 7 with imagining that you are rocking your body back and forth.

9) Along the way you may have itching sensations. This is natural and your body is attempting to regress your progress, do not scratch, do not move. What I do is imagine I'm raising my arm to scratch and itches will go away in due time.

9) Keep focusing on the mantra, with each repetition you should be falling in a deeper and deeper state. I equate it to the feeling of going backwards through a tunnel.

10) Eventually you will reach the vibration stage and there's no mistaking it because of it's primordial feeling and intensity. One way to know is you will have a ringing in the ears. At this state there will probably be an element of fear of the unknown. I haven't gotten past this state willingly yet as yesterday was the first time I reached it... and like I said I chickened out because of how intense it was.

So you know it took me on hour in a meditative state yesterday to reach the vibration stage. So don't give up right away keep going. I just gotta let go of the fear now and take the plunge because I feel I now know how to reach the vibration stage as there is definitely a method involved that I now understand and have tried to outline.

Guest Jacfsing2

It's nice that you can do all these things; however, most Sikhs, (myself included), can't do any of the things you just mentioned, (consider yourself blessed). That being said; I honestly believe that you're lying or confused on what true Astral Traveling is because you wouldn't just say such things such open and about on an internet forum. Either way Vaheguru bless you, may be bless me with such grace as well, ??

Don't get mixed up and confused thinking that Guru Nanak Ji astral travelled. Astral is leaving body and conscious going from A->B.

Guru Nanak ji, in the above sakhi was not going from A->B, ... he was consciously present at both A and B, just like gurbani says,- nirankar is everywhere at any given moment.

This process is described as "Expansion of consciousness" and is only achieved by raising your vibration and avastha. Astral travel is lower realms and does not require you to raise your consciousness vibration.

I would also suggest you find some better books on astral travelling than where you got the above info

Why use a method to experience these things? If God wants one to experience anything, it will happen with their grace only.

I don't believe in forcing experiences to happen. To me, it means that is basically demanding an experience, which I don't thing is right, and diverting from name of God.

Astral travel is soul leaving body to explore other realms/times , astral projection is one step down where the mind connects with other realms/times. What Guru ji did however is actual time/realm travel taking the young man with him and bringing back Prashad from those realms as he dematerialised and rematerialised...

If you desire something then Kamna gets in the way ...we get blessed when the desire is not for those things but closeness with Waheguru ji

Astral travel is soul leaving body to explore other realms/times , astral projection is one step down where the mind connects with other realms/times. What Guru ji did however is actual time/realm travel taking the young man with him and bringing back Prashad from those realms as he dematerialised and rematerialised...

If you desire something then Kamna gets in the way ...we get blessed when the desire is not for those things but closeness with Waheguru ji

I know Guru Ji had the ability to manifest physically in other realms/dimensions. Travel/project are two words for the same thing... as in your "second" body leaves your physical body. For me it would be enough to simply project my "second" body into these realms/dimensions. Was Guri Ji blessed from day 1 by Waheguru, or did he develop this through athma-Waheguru spiritual progression/connection? Perhaps even through deepest meditation there is, where you acsend to the astral plane. Look at any depictions of Guru Nanak Ji and he's almost always depicted in the deepest of meditation, and like they say a "picture says a thousand words." And Guru Ji is always depicted with glowing energy centers, bottom of feet, hands, etc. If your energy centers aren't completely blocked, then at the very least I think most ppl could astral project. These are the realms of truth, and one could potentially progress upwards through these realms.

What the Sakhis is that, Guru jee said there are crores of worlds like this earth. The people did not believe this. So Guru jee said he will take the son of the person who questioned him to prove this. Guru jee placed his hands on the boy's head and it is said by Bhai Gurdas jee that within the time it takes to blink an eye Guru jee had shown the boy many hundreds of worlds like this earth. Guru ji is beyond time and space. And to prove that the boy had gone to all of these places he(the boy) also brought Karha Parshad in a bowl from a sangat they visited on another planet. Kathakars also narrate this sakhi like this.

This sakhi proves two important points. There are many worlds like our earth in this universe. And second, Sikhi is truly is universal religion that is it also present in those worlds like it is here.

What the Sakhis is that, Guru jee said there are crores of worlds like this earth. The people did not believe this. So Guru jee said he will take the son of the person who questioned him to prove this. Guru jee placed his hands on the boy's head and it is said by Bhai Gurdas jee that within the time it takes to blink an eye Guru jee had shown the boy many hundreds of worlds like this earth. Guru ji is beyond time and space. And to prove that the boy had gone to all of these places he(the boy) also brought Karha Parshad in a bowl from a sangat they visited on another planet. Kathakars also narrate this sakhi like this.

This sakhi proves two important points. There are many worlds like our earth in this universe. And second, Sikhi is truly is universal religion that is it also present in those worlds like it is here.

I believe it was pir dastghir's son, whom, guru ji gave a multiverse trip to. We also need to stop using this word "UNIverse", n start saying "MULTIverse". Scientists have long discovered of the many planets, galaxies outside our own one, yet the word universe keeps getting used. Id imagine mostly by christians n muslims, coz it will render their crappy mazhabs as fake, since they think this is the only galaxy in existence. Guru tegh bahadur ji, has said in their bani, that jus like when bubbles form n become big, then burst, thats how other thousands/millions of galaxies and planets form n explode etc.

Guest Jacfsing2

The second point is probably the more interesting than the first! (I wonder if those "Alien" Sikhs are a only a few blessed souls like on Earth).

The second point is probably the more interesting than the first! (I wonder if those "Alien" Sikhs are a only a few blessed souls like on Earth).

Not few but many. This earth is just one of many karam-bhoomis as mentioned in Japji Sahib. In our traditions it is said that there is a Shaheed Khalsa Fauj of 96 crore. But we know that in this matlok there have been Lakhs of Sikh Shaheeds not crores. Then it is likely that Sikh Shaheeds from all over this universe is what form the 96 crores of Shaheed Khalsa Fauj. Furthermore we know from Gurbani that this universe has been created and destroyed countless times.

Sikhi is much more advanced than the 3 Semitic middle eastern religions who have no knowledge of these matters. What to talk of other worlds and life forms all over the universe they still think the sun revolves around the earth!