Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Photo Inappropriately Used In A Conspiracy Video Made By Vigilant Christian

Amaranth

Who cares? I do :)

It's not about the conspiracy garbage but rather the user has inappropriately placed an image of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the video, where it shouldnt be, which I personally find hurtful and offensive.

Let me break the truth to you, NO ONE cares what hurts or offends you, not in the real world at least. No one is going to jump to ban something because Amaranth on SikhSangat had his/her feelings hurt. Its the real world, not elementary school. Better find a different way to cope with this lol.

Let me break the truth to you, NO ONE cares what hurts or offends you, not in the real world at least. No one is going to jump to ban something because Amaranth on SikhSangat had his/her feelings hurt. Its the real world, not elementary school. Better find a different way to cope with this lol.

I disagree with this. The more people that report and flag it will create awareness and may have the video removed.

Just because nobody cares doesn't mean one should not try to do something themselves.

I disagree with this. The more people that report and flag it will create awareness and may have the video removed.

Just because nobody cares doesn't mean one should not try to do something themselves.

I fail to see how that will raise awareness? Perhaps someone replying or getting in touch with the author will create more awareness and educate people, no?

But in general, we need to stop with the "hurt sentiment" bull**** it is pathetic, we seem like a bunch of babies.

I fail to see how that will raise awareness? Perhaps someone replying or getting in touch with the author will create more awareness and educate people, no?

But in general, we need to stop with the "hurt sentiment" bull**** it is pathetic, we seem like a bunch of babies.

Yes Paji, as well as flagging it, that would be a good idea too, to educate the author of the video.

I think good candidates for this task would be Basics of Sikhi making a video.

Guest Jacfsing2

1. it is NOT a photo or even a picture of Guru Nanak DEv ji ...get a life folks it is a hindu motif picture to take people away from focussing on naam

I agree with the points you mentioned; however, non-Sikhs really don't care if it's real or not, they just care on that picture representing the light of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and would try their hardest to offend people with that picture. It's the same with non-Sikhs not caring about Bhad Shed or Larivaar Saroop, (Both forms are 100% Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and both have the light of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji) they just want to attack Sikhi. Jarnail Singh Bhinderwale wouldn't care if something was Bhad Shed or Larivaar Saroop he wouldn't let anyone disrespect Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Freedom of Speech > your feelings (Forgive my rudeness)

Too many Sikhs don't understand basic freedom. The Indian mentality of "censor everything" is stuck in their head. Although Youtube is technically a private corporation/service and they can ban whoever they like.

Obviously we should give a response, but we shouldn't just scream "OMG THAT HURTS ME FEELINGS TAKE IT DOWN" or call your buddies and go hunt the guy down and kill him allahu akbar style. What kind of image does it give of the Sikhs?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-5T_YLgCZR/?taken-by=the_greek_savagery

This guy posted a meme of Bhai Dayala Jee. Obviously he didn't know what was going on or who it was in the picture and he used it in a meme making fun his patience and calmness in the boiling cauldron. Eventually, I think he understood and he took it down. The link above is to a post he made right after

I understand some people were really hurt seeing a prominent shaheed being mocked, but the response to the picture was a total embarrassment for Sikhs. Someone even openly threatened to kill him and another challenged him to a fight IN BROOKLYN.

And then theres this whole "Ban Sikh Jokes" thing going on. Are we really telling a government to arrest, fine, and use force against those who make fun of us? Really? What does that show about us?

Sikhs are to be against oppression of rights as ordered by Dasmesh Pita Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj.