Do Sikhs Hate Atheism?

Today, my mother showed me some path on the tv and it showed this Sikh telling everyone in the gurdwara, that people who don't believe in God who say they are happy, but they actually not and they pretend. I guess he is saying that Atheism is bad? For Sikhism we don't discriminate people's beliefs, but for the path on the tv the guy is saying people who don't believe in God are unhappy. I asked my mom and she believed it, yet she told me that people can believe anything they want. I am so confused and I don't believe that stuff at all. It was on ATV, a Gurdwara Sahib Damesh Surrey, BC.

Today, my mother showed me some path on the tv and it showed this Sikh telling everyone in the gurdwara, that people who don't believe in God who say they are happy, but they actually not and they pretend. I guess he is saying that Atheism is bad? For Sikhism we don't discriminate people's beliefs, but for the path on the tv the guy is saying people who don't believe in God are unhappy. I asked my mom and she believed it, yet she told me that people can believe anything they want. I am so confused and I don't believe that stuff at all. It was on ATV, a Gurdwara Sahib Damesh Surrey, BC.

We all want to be happy deep down but we can search through different avenues to reach there , some paths can be successful other not so much , but first you have to consider what is happiness ? is it purely owning stuff, or is it dependent on others i.e. their treatment of us ? Is is earning a big name or fame ? If you boil it all down it all gets to a point where you realise you are searching for something outside of you to satisfy that internal need for peace (the silencing of that restlessness/the demanding nature inside for more experiences etc) .What Sikhi shows us is that peace was always there it's just that our minds haven't twigged yet. when we do prayer we connect with that inner peace via the multiverse conciousness/Waheguru , that is not to say you cannot reach realisation through other religions. When you deny the existence of Waheguru you kind of remove yourself from the paths which help you towards self-realisation so it is harder to achieve that higher level of happiness/peace. No sikhs don't hate atheists they accept all people are living out their karma and some people are destined to be atheiest, agnostic, nominally of a faith, deeply faithful or even saints according to their previous actions and actions of this life.

hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say hate but Sikh's view atheism as foolish. Similarly Sikhs don't hate other religions or spiritual ideologies but they think the other paths are foolish and wrong.

When gurbani talks about all paths leading to God, lets just say the other paths take so long to get to God you will have to go through many lifetimes to become human and Sikh again to get to God. So why go through the hard way and take detours with other religions when you can get to God directly through Sikhis. Furthermore If you are of other beliefs when you die you will get reincarnated and come back into lifeforms (plants, insects, animals, humans,etc) again and I'm sure thats something all of us want to avoid.

hate is a strong word. I wouldn't say hate but Sikh's view atheism as foolish. Similarly Sikhs don't hate other religions or spiritual ideologies but they think the other paths are foolish and wrong.

When gurbani talks about all paths leading to God, lets just say the other paths take so long to get to God you will have to go through many lifetimes to become human and Sikh again to get to God. So why go through the hard way and take detours with other religions when you can get to God directly through Sikhis. Furthermore If you are of other beliefs when you die you will get reincarnated and come back into lifeforms (plants, insects, animals, humans,etc) again and I'm sure thats something all of us want to avoid.

foolish and wrong ? I think you need to stop being judgemental and centre yourself on SIkhi principles , love is acceptance of someone warts and all , non-conditional if you cannot love your fellow siblings on this planet because of your perception then you have picked up what Guru ji told you to drop 'the sense of superiority' . We all are here , with the same mission, few will make it, some will draw closer to end goal but most will fall prey to delusion of this world ... have compassion and realise it is all down to Akal Purakh's judgement and Kirpa/Grace .'jiv manas te devta kiye karat nahin lagi //' an instant for kirpa .

foolish and wrong ? I think you need to stop being judgemental and centre yourself on SIkhi principles , love is acceptance of someone warts and all , non-conditional if you cannot love your fellow siblings on this planet because of your perception then you have picked up what Guru ji told you to drop 'the sense of superiority' . We all are here , with the same mission, few will make it, some will draw closer to end goal but most will fall prey to delusion of this world ... have compassion and realise it is all down to Akal Purakh's judgement and Kirpa/Grace .'jiv manas te devta kiye karat nahin lagi //' an instant for kirpa .

Wrong and this is why you fall into the camp of non-Sikh with that kind of thinking.

In your logical you will tell a Sikh there is nothing wrong with converting to other religion and especially destructive negative religions like Islam that want to see us all killed or converted as their end goal.

Also by your logical there is no need for Sikhi because you can be any religion and still get to God so to a non-sikh they will think why the need for this religion that allegedly forces you to wear a turban, not cut your hair, carry a weapon,etc.

Your logic fails and its dangerous for you to spread this kind of message to yourself or others. Sikhi is about spreading Guru Ji's light to the darkness of other beliefs, those other belief systems are inferior to Sikhi otherwise why the need for Guru nanak to critise and mock them in SGGS Ji? You need to wake up and see the bigger picture.

Life is weird. Some atheists I've met have been more moral than many 'religious' people I've met, some of whom can be really egoist, ruthless, petty and two-faced. But I still find atheist's lack of any spirituality weird. Some of them are cool but some of them have this scarcely hidden contempt for anyone with religious beliefs, whom they deem as backwards and primitive like Richard Dawkins vocally does. So they can have their own egoist issues with some perceived sense of superiority over perceived 'weak minded' people unable to break away from their religious beliefs and practices.

Some of them think religious people are following some outdated 'medieval' texts that are either irrelevant in today's world - at best, or outright dangerous at worst. My guess is that they see stuff like dress codes, regular prayers, keeping marriages within communities boundaries, dietary restrictions etc. as unnecessary and silly?

Creation is already finished. One chooses an aspect of what they want to experience and experiences that. Sikh choose path of meregence with the source. One has a free will to choose what they want to experience Athesism, agnostic, selfish, greedy you name it you can expeience it. If GOD allows free will who are Sikhs to hate Athesist or anyone for their choice, unless their free will is revoked by else than they have a right to defend themselves.

Addition:

Some atheists are real jerks though. I've often heard them moaning that 'religion is root cause of all war'; but they ignorantly ignore the fact that race and economic issues and greed for resources are more often the root causes of war. Some atheists do have a tendency to try and lay blame for all of societies ills at the religion's door in a way that makes no sense.