Do Sikhs Hate Atheism?

Addition:

Some atheists are real jerks though. I've often heard them moaning that 'religion is root cause of all war'; but they ignorantly ignore the fact that race and economic issues and greed for resources are more often the root causes of war. Some atheists do have a tendency to try and lay blame for all of societies ills at the religion's door in a way that makes no sense.

Most if your all atheists have said that also and this is why they need to be slapped down with facts.

Most of atheist western governments are made up of politicians who are mostly atheist secularists and they have sanctioned wars that have killed milions of people majority of them innocent civilians in countries aboard in the last 2 centuries. Hitler was occulist/atheist in nature, Stalin was atheist, chinese communists are atheists, most violent criminal prison populations are majority atheist followed by muslims.

So atheists and atheism has the unenvious position top stop of killing innocent civilians and alot to answer for in terms of political terrorism and violent criminality follows by muslims.

As for morality that comes from religions, if there is no higher being to answer to for your sins or crimes against fellow man then logically you are free to do what you like apart from fellow man who has more physical strength judging you and stopping you.

As for morality that comes from religions, if there is no higher being to answer to for your sins or crimes against fellow man then logically you are free to do what you like apart from fellow man who has more physical strength judging you and stopping you.

I'm rather religious (I hope), but morality does not come from religion.

If the only reason you're stopping yourself from doing bad things is because you're afraid God is going to smack you down for being naughty, I'd say you're an innately terrible person who only does good due to the fear of punishment for doing otherwise.

Atheists have morals, else the prisons would be full of middle-aged biologists who've hacked up fellow human beings for the most trivial of issues. What they lack is faith.

You have to be careful with the 'religion = ethics/morals' argument. We all know religion can, has and is used to justify the most violent, sick depraved actions too.

It's the way that certain atheists used religion as some sort of whipping boy for all mankind's ills and try to represent certain practices as backwards and archaic that's my gripe with them.

All humans need certain 'rituals', dress codes and 'myths/legends' (if you want to call them as such) to stabilise and normalise their lives within their society. If we were to study even the most vehement atheist's day to day living over a long period, we'd find that they too have these in some form or another. What is hypocritical is when they try and demean other culture's practices, which are stemmed in their own history/context claiming to be above such things themselves. Certain highly educated white people are especially rubbish like this, especially when so many romanticise the Greeks and their history and see nothing wrong with drawing lessons and knowledge from the myths that that society generated.

I get that some really simple minded individuals engage with their religion in a really brainless way, where there is no intellectual dimension to it all. Blind dogma if you like. But to suggest that ALL followers of religion are like this (which is what is often subtly implied) is obviously wrong.

We all want to be happy deep down but we can search through different avenues to reach there , some paths can be successful other not so much , but first you have to consider what is happiness ? is it purely owning stuff, or is it dependent on others i.e. their treatment of us ? Is is earning a big name or fame ? If you boil it all down it all gets to a point where you realise you are searching for something outside of you to satisfy that internal need for peace (the silencing of that restlessness/the demanding nature inside for more experiences etc) .What Sikhi shows us is that peace was always there it's just that our minds haven't twigged yet. when we do prayer we connect with that inner peace via the multiverse conciousness/Waheguru , that is not to say you cannot reach realisation through other religions. When you deny the existence of Waheguru you kind of remove yourself from the paths which help you towards self-realisation so it is harder to achieve that higher level of happiness/peace. No sikhs don't hate atheists they accept all people are living out their karma and some people are destined to be atheiest, agnostic, nominally of a faith, deeply faithful or even saints according to their previous actions and actions of this life.

Thank you so much!

Addition:

Some atheists are real jerks though. I've often heard them moaning that 'religion is root cause of all war'; but they ignorantly ignore the fact that race and economic issues and greed for resources are more often the root causes of war. Some atheists do have a tendency to try and lay blame for all of societies ills at the religion's door in a way that makes no sense.

Well, how is it religions fault. Like the Crusades, it wasn't Christianities fault, it was the Pope and the Church. You see the Church used Christianity as a scapegoat and used it for war. Like come on the Church used indulgences which were pieces of paper which people payed to reduce the punishment people received for their sins. Its not religion's fault, it's the people. Some people like to use religion as a tool and get away with it and people will blame it on religion. 2, not all Atheists are bad, my friend is a Atheist and he is a nice guy. That's my view, however some people like Richard Dawkins are giving Atheism a bad name, he bashes religion and preaching Atheism like a religion as well.

Today, my mother showed me some path on the tv and it showed this Sikh telling everyone in the gurdwara, that people who don't believe in God who say they are happy, but they actually not and they pretend. I guess he is saying that Atheism is bad? For Sikhism we don't discriminate people's beliefs, but for the path on the tv the guy is saying people who don't believe in God are unhappy. I asked my mom and she believed it, yet she told me that people can believe anything they want. I am so confused and I don't believe that stuff at all. It was on ATV, a Gurdwara Sahib Damesh Surrey, BC.

No why would Sikhs hate, pretty strong word to use for someone who does not believe in a higher being, but what's that saying ' you don't meet too many atheists in a death zone'

No why would Sikhs hate, pretty strong word to use for someone who does not believe in a higher being, but what's that saying ' you don't find too many atheists in a death zone'!

Eh, my parents should me some path and there was some guy at the gurdwara telling people that, " People who don't believe in god say they are happy, but they are not happy". He is saying that non believers are depressed people, but that's false.

Wrong and this is why you fall into the camp of non-Sikh with that kind of thinking.

In your logical you will tell a Sikh there is nothing wrong with converting to other religion and especially destructive negative religions like Islam that want to see us all killed or converted as their end goal.

Also by your logical there is no need for Sikhi because you can be any religion and still get to God so to a non-sikh they will think why the need for this religion that allegedly forces you to wear a turban, not cut your hair, carry a weapon,etc.

Your logic fails and its dangerous for you to spread this kind of message to yourself or others. Sikhi is about spreading Guru Ji's light to the darkness of other beliefs, those other belief systems are inferior to Sikhi otherwise why the need for Guru nanak to critise and mock them in SGGS Ji? You need to wake up and see the bigger picture.

Ok I am not sikh because :

1. I believe that Akal Purakh created ALL from itself

2. I believe Akal Purakh put everyone on their paths according to karam and bhagti

3. I believe there have been bhagats and saints in other traditions because of Kirpa

4. I believe in SIkhi but I do not have a need to denigrate others to follow Guru ji

5. I pray for sarbat da bhalla but also I act on it by helping others not expecting them to return the favour , it is nice to experience the recipriocity though

6. I believe Dasmesh Pita ji's words and I feel the same 'tum ko tumara khoob, hum ko humara khoob'

7. I believe that Guru Nanak Dev ji just speaks about the truth of the hypocrisy of individuals and the futility of rituals without the sharda or bhagti from the heart ..not laughing at people (that is mocking )

8. I believe that their are sehajdhari sikhs who are in other faiths but also take Guru ji's sharan by your words they are foolish too just because they are in those faiths but if the pandits are true as Guru ji tells hows to be , muslim is true as Guru ji tells them to be why wouldn't there be kalyan?

9. I respect Guru ji's faisla and Akal Purakh's judgement

I know I am not a sikh ...I am a human hoping to become a true gursikh inside and out...sorry if you mistake humility in refraining from criticism of others for tacit approval

of adharmic soch/behaviour . My Father taught everyone to love Akal Purakh's name and it didn't matter who it was , including my christian friend and she too japs nam just like me isn't that love ? He didn't criticise or mock he just told her that japping nam would help her in her life ..

Ok I am not sikh because :

1. I believe that Akal Purakh created ALL from itself

2. I believe Akal Purakh put everyone on their paths according to karam and bhagti

3. I believe there have been bhagats and saints in other traditions because of Kirpa

4. I believe in SIkhi but I do not have a need to denigrate others to follow Guru ji

5. I pray for sarbat da bhalla but also I act on it by helping others not expecting them to return the favour , it is nice to experience the recipriocity though

6. I believe Dasmesh Pita ji's words and I feel the same 'tum ko tumara khoob, hum ko humara khoob'

7. I believe that Guru Nanak Dev ji just speaks about the truth of the hypocrisy of individuals and the futility of rituals without the sharda or bhagti from the heart ..not laughing at people (that is mocking )

8. I believe that their are sehajdhari sikhs who are in other faiths but also take Guru ji's sharan by your words they are foolish too just because they are in those faiths but if the pandits are true as Guru ji tells hows to be , muslim is true as Guru ji tells them to be why wouldn't there be kalyan?

9. I respect Guru ji's faisla and Akal Purakh's judgement

I know I am not a sikh ...I am a human hoping to become a true gursikh inside and out...sorry if you mistake humility in refraining from criticism of others for tacit approval

of adharmic soch/behaviour . My Father taught everyone to love Akal Purakh's name and it didn't matter who it was , including my christian friend and she too japs nam just like me isn't that love ? He didn't criticise or mock he just told her that japping nam would help her in her life ..

Love this reply if yours jkvlondon penji.

Great thoughts. ??