Do Sikhs Hate Atheism?

I'm not saying the way the Crusaders protecting their religion was in the best way; however, they tried to protect it according to their understanding, (most of the fighters in the Crusades were poor Christian people who couldn't even read the Bible).

That's what I meant!

Religion isn't the cause for evil; it is simply an excuse to be bad.

Guest Jacfsing2

I'm not saying the way the Crusaders protecting their religion was in the best way; however, they tried to protect it according to their understanding, (most of the fighters in the Crusades were poor Christian people who couldn't even read the Bible).

That's what I meant!

Religion isn't the cause for evil; it is simply an excuse to be bad.

?

When you said,"Religon is not the cause for evil, etc" that's what I was saying. People use religion and God as an excuse to do bad things.

Yeah, but when it comes to Christians they themselves say we should "know them by their fruits", so instead of focusing on any religions ideals, we should actually see them in light of their actions. Same with us, instead of harking back to our ideals, we should see our own community for what they really are, especially in terms of how they deviate from Sikh ideals.

Plus, what about the fact that some religions accept/condone practices that are considered 'wrong' in Sikhi. Like taking female captives as war booty.

To be fair to the people at that Gurdwara, are they actually wrong though? As Sikhs (and as believers in God), it's not unfair to say that atheists have, possibly, convinced themselves there is no God, and that life is wonderful without religion. Of course, they could easily turn around and say we've done something similar but slightly different at the other end of the scale. Although I wouldn't put it as bluntly and without explanation as the person being interviewed, I do think he has a point.