Getting Different Treatment From Urban Sikhs And Rural Sikhs

shastarSingh

I was a mona jatt who kept hair and became Amritdhari some years back. I live in a city and daily meet lots of Urban sikhs. I have experienced it many times that when I give my opinion on some sikhi related issue, the urban sikhs say " ur opinion is of less value as u were a monaa who murdered his kesh". They treat me like a second class amritdhari.

On the other hand, when I visit my native pind, I get so much love from rural sikhs who are so happy that I have kept hair and become amritdhari. They always value my opinion and my thoughts.

Why are the urban sikhs treating me like this ? Are they right ??

Guest Jacfsing2

It's not too big of a deal, when you took Amrit that part was just let go in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's kingdom. Don't listen to them, they wouldn't say the same to any non-Sikhs who converted to Sikhi so why should they judge you. Just follow Guru Sahib and it's all going to be alright. (Are you talking about Punjabi urban Sikhs or Sikhs who aren't from the pinds?)

If you were accepted as Guru ji's own son , why are you so worried about sheeple bheki Amritdhari folks in the towns?

Not everyone in towns are like that, but unfortunately the unpard pardeylikhey are increasing in our midst. They know so little about the true itihaas of SIkhi and yet will have an an unwanted opinion on everyone else, their behaviour is running parallel to other judgemental faiths like HIndu Brahmanism, Christianity, Islam...if you don't do/think as we do, you are wrong from head to toe... When a sikh should follow Guru ji's updesh no one else's.

Guru ji says again and again we make mistakes but we still strive and this I feel the rurals have taken into their hearts, they are still listening to bani and trying to do vichar, even if they haven't reached where they want to go, they appreciate your struggle and your blessings . They feel you are lucky to have Guru ji's hath on your head and they are right. The 'urbans' think probably that they achieved amrit on their part and have less awareness and appreciation of kirpa, being amritdhari is not the end goal but for most of these types they act as if it is , a badge of their supreme Sikhness .

Just like a marriage , the wedding day isn't the end goal but the start of a new chapter of being , these guys have forgotten a successful marriage is a daily effort to live well in companionship and fufilling duties to each other, showing love and respect, appreciating and supporting your partner, thinking of them when making decisions, engaging in communication in good times and bad. They are still traipsing around in their wedding day clothes, not engaged in married life , progressing onto further things like getting on with careers, building homes, futures, families but thinking they are just as validly married as everyone else so they are entitled to spout off on other's lifestyles.

looking like an amritdhari is not the same as 'being' an amritdhari , everyday you rebuild the amrit inside with gurbani and it's vicharna and you count yourself lucky that this time, after so many millions of years you are finally making progress again towards the end goal .

If you were accepted as Guru ji's own son , why are you so worried about sheeple bheki Amritdhari folks in the towns?

Not everyone in towns are like that, but unfortunately the unpard pardeylikhey are increasing in our midst. They know so little about the true itihaas of SIkhi and yet will have an an unwanted opinion on everyone else, their behaviour is running parallel to other judgemental faiths like HIndu Brahmanism, Christianity, Islam...if you don't do/think as we do, you are wrong from head to toe... When a sikh should follow Guru ji's updesh no one else's.

Guru ji says again and again we make mistakes but we still strive and this I feel the rurals have taken into their hearts, they are still listening to bani and trying to do vichar, even if they haven't reached where they want to go, they appreciate your struggle and your blessings . They feel you are lucky to have Guru ji's hath on your head and they are right. The 'urbans' think probably that they achieved amrit on their part and have less awareness and appreciation of kirpa, being amritdhari is not the end goal but for most of these types they act as if it is , a badge of their supreme Sikhness .

Just like a marriage , the wedding day isn't the end goal but the start of a new chapter of being , these guys have forgotten a successful marriage is a daily effort to live well in companionship and fufilling duties to each other, showing love and respect, appreciating and supporting your partner, thinking of them when making decisions, engaging in communication in good times and bad. They are still traipsing around in their wedding day clothes, not engaged in married life , progressing onto further things like getting on with careers, building homes, futures, families but thinking they are just as validly married as everyone else so they are entitled to spout off on other's lifestyles.

looking like an amritdhari is not the same as 'being' an amritdhari , everyday you rebuild the amrit inside with gurbani and it's vicharna and you count yourself lucky that this time, after so many millions of years you are finally making progress again towards the end goal .

Another great reply penji.

Agree it's good to have the rurals blessings, as the urban people that shastarSingh is experiencing negativity from are stuck in wanting to be higher than rural people. I think it's because they have set their minds into thinking pind/rural people are backwards and not educated so don't know anything. But that is wrong, when OP has pure love for Sikhi.

It's a bit like the caste system example, I think they are doing ahankar from their side because they are urban Sikhs and not from a rural background. There is ignorance on their part for fellow beings. And it's because they are jealous that somebody maybe more compassionate than them, thus belittling and making excuses to the OP.

It's not too big of a deal, when you took Amrit that part was just let go in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's kingdom. Don't listen to them, they wouldn't say the same to any non-Sikhs who converted to Sikhi so why should they judge you. Just follow Guru Sahib and it's all going to be alright. (Are you talking about Punjabi urban Sikhs or Sikhs who aren't from the pinds?)

yes punjabi urban sikhs who are generally called bhappaas but I dont use that word as I feel its offensive. I have met couple of very nice urban sikhs with great gursikhi jeevan but met many others who treat me badly.

I was born and grew up in a city life. Spent only summers with my nanakay or dadkay in pinds. I spent one year in rural punjab boarding school (it was mistake but i never regret it now). I rather choose to live with rural folks instead with uptight urban sikhs. I see both sides and i see urban sikhs leading false life with censored media etc. Reality of pendu sikh life is hidden from them for a very long time. They think they are serving sikh panth with all these glittery gala events and award ceremonies.

Take an example of Sarbat Khalsa-

My parents went to sarbat khalsa in Punjab. They told me their experience that it was all 99.99% rural/pendu folks and they were mad that how city folks didn't take interest in it. History shows that rural sikhs like sant bhinderwale are the only ones who raise their voice and then get beaten by the system that urban folks usually supports.

Its not caste system anymore in our panth. Its now all about CLASS SYSTEM