Domestic Violence Among Muslims

Guest Bemused

I don't understand why the original question was posed? What a thing to wonder about? Is it a desire for one-upmanship that prompts such questioning or perhaps a nagging guilt that the petitioner is less than comfortable with what he sees from those in his own family or community? And as for the ludicrous answers suggesting that Islam sanctions domestic violence, please consult your sources (translations and interpretations of Islamic scripture) and understand that the only recourse to violence a man has against his wife is the symbolic act of tapping her with a miswak (small twig) and even that is the LAST option he is allowed to exercise for a wife who is guilty of lewd conduct and a breach of spousal loyalty. If we are to accept that Sikhs who beat their wives do so out of the fold of Sikhism, we must accept the same for Muslims too.

Thing is, you see our own pendus b1tch-slapping their wives too. Ok, not as much as in my parent generation but are we saying that this doesn't happen in our society, especially the more backwards parts?

Wow !!! :omg: Can there possibly be a more casteist person on sikhsangat than Dallysingh101?

Look back at his posts. It doesn't matter if the thread is about cars, Punjab, cakes or space travel.....the man will ALWAYS.....WITHOUT FAIL.... find a reason within it to put down Sikhs who come from a rural background. The man is totally shameless.

But....even more than shame is his ignorance.

For example, it would be really interesting too get inside his head and see how he can shamelessly attribute domestic violence at the feet of the rural Sikhs while completely ignoring these facts:

1. The newpapers every single day in Punjab are full of stories about rural women murdering their husbands (usually for extra-marital affairs) and urban husbands and families setting fire to their wife/daughter in law (usually for lack of dowry)
  2. The urban Sikhs, as a rule, believe that Sikhism is only for men because women lack the intellect and other aspects needed to be a Sikh whilst this is a concept and state of affairs totaly alien among the rural Sikhs as they have a cultue whereby the women work and fight as much as the men, ie...the urban lot mentally enslave them (before regularly setting them on fire) whereas the rural lot emancipate them.
  3. The one and only group of Sikhs in the UK that have the most oppressive attitude towards their women, and keep this oppressive order through intimidation, fear andd violence, are the bhatras.....and they, of course, are 100% from urban stock as they do not exist as a rule in rural areas. This urban group is the one that will not allow their daughters to study at university and will not allow their women to go out in public without a veil of some sorts.

So what exactly is it that goes through dallysingh101's mind where he can blank his mind from actual reality and continously, thread after thread, perpetuate his vitriolic prejudice against rural sikhs ?

Guest Jacfsing2

Wow !!! :omg: Can there possibly be a more casteist person on sikhsangat than Dallysingh101?

Look back at his posts. It doesn't matter if the thread is about cars, Punjab, cakes or space travel.....the man will ALWAYS.....WITHOUT FAIL.... find a reason within it to put down Sikhs who come from a rural background. The man is totally shameless.

But....even more than shame is his ignorance.

For example, it would be really interesting too get inside his head and see how he can shamelessly attribute domestic violence at the feet of the rural Sikhs while completely ignoring these facts:

• The newpapers every single day in Punjab are full of stories about rural women murdering their husbands (usually for extra-marital affairs) and urban husbands and families setting fire to their wife/daughter in law (usually for lack of dowry)
  • The urban Sikhs, as a rule, believe that Sikhism is only for men because women lack the intellect and other aspects needed to be a Sikh whilst this is a concept and state of affairs totaly alien among the rural Sikhs as they have a cultue whereby the women work and fight as much as the men, ie...the urban lot mentally enslave them (before regularly setting them on fire) whereas the rural lot emancipate them.
  • The one and only group of Sikhs in the UK that have the most oppressive attitude towards their women, and keep this oppressive order through intimidation, fear andd violence, are the bhatras.....and they, of course, are 100% from urban stock as they do not exist as a rule in rural areas. This urban group is the one that will not allow their daughters to study at university and will not allow their women to go out in public without a veil of some sorts.
So what exactly is it that goes through dallysingh101's mind where he can blank his mind from actual reality and continously, thread after thread, perpetuate his vitriolic prejudice against rural sikhs ?
Weren't you the same person who was speaking against Khatris just a few months ago?

Weren't you the same person who was speaking against Khatris just a few months ago?

I am the one, a few months ago, on a thread about the perverse Muslim culture of marrying their cousins, who pointed out how the khatris practice this same despcable tradition. If you're angry at me for pointing it out and not keeping it on th hush hush do you not think your anger might be misplaced and should perhaps be directed at the people who indulge in these disgusting incestous practices ?

As for this thread, you might recall that it was the usual subject: Dallysingh101 who came along and did what he does on every single thread he visits: Without rhyme or reason, he tried to insinute that it is the Sikhs who come from rural backgrounds who indulge in domestic violence while his urban lot are ever so civilsed they hardly ever do. And then you come along an get angry with me for not keeping the true facts on the hush hush and for pointing out how it is the urban lot in Punjab who habitually burn their wives and daughter in laws to death for extra dowry money, see women as not suitable both physically and mentally to be Sikhs, see women as not suitable to work hard outside the home, not suitable to fight, not suitable to attend university, not suitable to step outside the home without covering themselves like muslim women....i.e all the major ingredients needed for domestic violence and mental domestic torture. Thus, do you not think your anger is misplaced and should perhaps be directed towards the person that needlessly blamed the entire rural Sikh population for what is essentially an urban problem and the urban lot that indulge in such barbaric and mysoginistic practices ?

I am the one, a few months ago, on a thread about the perverse Muslim culture of marrying their cousins, who pointed out how the khatris practice this same despcable tradition. If you're angry at me for pointing it out and not keeping it on th hush hush do you not think your anger might be misplaced and should perhaps be directed at the people who indulge in these disgusting incestous practices ?

What about the 'gang-banging' practices of rural Jats who'd share one wife between multiple brothers, to the point where the mother couldn't be certain of who was which child's father?

Maybe you too should direct some of your indignation closer to home?

Guest Jacfsing2

As for this thread, you might recall that it was the usual subject: Dallysingh101 who came along and did what he does on every single thread he visits: Without rhyme or reason, he tried to insinute that it is the Sikhs who come from rural backgrounds who indulge in domestic violence while his urban lot are ever so civilsed they hardly ever do. And then you come along an get angry with me for not keeping the true facts on the hush hush and for pointing out how it is the urban lot in Punjab who habitually burn their wives and daughter in laws to death for extra dowry money, see women as not suitable both physically and mentally to be Sikhs, see women as not suitable to work hard outside the home, not suitable to fight, not suitable to attend university, not suitable to step outside the home without covering themselves like muslim women....i.e all the major ingredients needed for domestic violence and mental domestic torture. Thus, do you not think your anger is misplaced and should perhaps be directed towards the person that needlessly blamed the entire rural Sikh population for what is essentially an urban problem and the urban lot that indulge in such barbaric and mysoginistic practices ?

I don't have personal hatred towards anyone based on caste; however, there are some bad rural Sikhs as well as some bad urban Sikhs. However you seem to show some sort of bias against a certain group because your blind on the other group. I don't like Dallysingh101's view by any standard; however, on this instance he's being slightly more honest about the situation than you are, you can only see the situation through a small lens without looking at the whole picture. (You'd probably be calling the Sodhi's a bad family just because of a few bad apples).

you seem to show some sort of bias against a certain group because your blind on the other group.

My god you really are incredibly dimwitted jacfsing2. On a thread about domestic violence dallysingh101 comes along and without reason posts a message in which he lays the blame on rural sikhs. Instead of seeing how disgusting and casteist he is for doing that (btw...he does that on every single thread he's ever been on here on sikhsangat) you choose to blame any sikh that points out how wrong he is for doing that. :stupidme:

Is that really how things are supposed to work ? Are urban sikhs supposed to insult rural sikhs at wll and if the rural sikhs ever dares say anything about it it will automatically be the rural sikhs fault ? Is that really how it works ? That the sun shines out of the urban sikhs ar$e and he can do no wrong but the rural sikh is always, by definition, a 'bad 'un' ? :nono:

I don't like Dallysingh101's view by any standard; however, on this instance he's being slightly more honest about the situation than you are,

:biggrin2: Well now. At least we now know the 2015 winner of the forum's biggest fool. Its jacfsing2 by a landslide.

I mean lets just put this into perpective. You, jacfsing2, like the idea of dallysingh101 needlessly bringing his blatant anti-rural sikh prejudice into this thread by falsely blaming rural sikhs for domestic violence. You like that, or at least don't mind it that much. But you wish to cover your eyes and ears and refuse to acknowledge that :

• the newspapers in Punjab are full of stories of the urban lot habitually setting their wives on fire for extra dowry money
  • The urban lot see women as such low quality human beings that they think Sikhi (i.e dastar and amrit) is only for men as they don't belive females have the mental and physical qualities to be a Sikh. i.e domestic torture.
  • one urban group, the bhatras, don't let their daughters go to college and don't let any females out of the house without veiling and they enforce these rules with intimidation, fear and violence.

And yet you like the fact that one of the urban lot came onto this thread and decided he could pin the blame on all rural sikhs without any come back ? :nono: