Shastarvidiya Classes Not Taught By Nidar

Shastar Man

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Anyone able to take a screenshot of the FB page and provide here - you know, in case someone comes on here saying its all made up and before it is taken down and people swear it's all a lie.

Good idea.

I'm seeing it on Facebook as well and no one is actually showing the letter, just written versions.

I believe it's real, but confirmation would be nice.

You could always directly contact the web master of the shastar Vidiya sheds sites, Nihang Teja Singh and ask him to confirm the authenticity and content of the letter. It could well be a doctored, edited version .

If the RSS portion is legit, then it looks like Nidar Singh has clearly lost the plot, using a Hindu right wing fascist racist organisation to help you such as the RSS which has openly stated that it seeks to turn India into a solely Hindu state is insane...

I still however maintain, that Gatka is a complete utter waste of time, and cannot be classified as a combat art. It is a dance act for performing circus clowns.. There are plenty of better arts to learn..

I still however maintain, that Gatka is a complete utter waste of time, and cannot be classified as a combat art. It is a dance act for performing circus clowns.. There are plenty of better arts to learn..

Yep, Nidar may be a scumbag, his views warped and repellent, but there's no question that he has helped many young Sikhs learn to defend themselves. Just look at his videos. His martial art may be a fabrication and a ripoff but his instruction is pretty sound and he seems to know what he is talking about - unlike those deluded gatka instructors who are convinced that their aerial twists and twirls will come in handy in a violent confrontation. Find a more useful martial art - any other martial art. Even regular boxing will have you throwing better punches. Gatka is a performance art, not a fighting art, and certainly not the fighting art of the puraatan Khalsa.

Those Sikhs wishing to pay homage to the martial arts of their ancestors should also consider becoming proficient in the use of firearms. I'm surprised that the modern gatkabaj, living forever in his or her bubble of nostalgia, has forgotten that the Sikhs were not primarily famed as swordsmen, but as the pre-eminent horsemen and sharpshooters of their time. The Sikh guns and the Sikh cavalry charge, to say nothing of their zeal and reckless bravery, were what made our ancestors truly feared.

Balkar an Cisco have you guys faced Singhs who have trained for years in Gatka? I have and I can tell you they can fight in any sword combat and are as fast as lightning. You guys have only seen some kids during a nagar kirtan who have learnt for some weeks or months at most and think they represent Gatka.

Niddars sword fighting techniques are without a doubt a mix of European fencing mixed with South east asian martial arts.this is not what puratan Singhs used.

Go all over India and see for your self whether it is Pakistan, Sikhs, Rajputs, Marathas they all use the same swing like techniques. The early British accounts of Indian swordsmen also mention swing movements.

And Cisco the bases of your objections to Gatka was that it is not what Singhs used since Niddars manufactured Martial art is the original. But that Pakhandi has been found out and exposed repeatedly. He even lost to teji.

You say he has now lost thw plot. I ask you, when did this Pakhandi have the plot in the first place? Me and other Singhs have been trying to expose this pakhandi for years. But his harline supporters had their eyes, ears and mouth all covered because they firmly decided they did not want to hear see or say the truth. They convinced themselves that he, his philosophy and his martial art is all puratan.

And now that this Pakhandi has been exposed I ask you what other puratan martial arts did Sikh swordmen use if not Gatka. No martial art is bad. Any martial art is only as good as the practitioner behind the sword.

Gatka is not a martial art suggesting as such is a decredit to the skills of our ancestors.

Why do you think the martial arts world laughs at Gatka. Have you ever seen any respected martial artist recognise and acknowledge Gatka ? Nope, why not ? Because it's a joke of an art. Incorrect length weapons, wrong weights of weapons, completely wrong usage of weapons

If you've ever held puratan shastar you will quickly realise they cannot be swung around like and utilised like gatkabaaj demonstrate , they're simply too heavy.

Add chainmail which purattan Singh's wore and see how able you able to jump around like a circus clown... Not to add the lsuch strikes which are completely out of combat range..

Only clowns with no martial knowledge are impressed by Gatka clowns.

Go and learn silat, eskrima, panantukan, systema, krabi krabong, jkd, Kali etc if I want to learn effective arts..

Rassi Jal Gayi Lekin Bal Nahi Gaya

Very stubborn of you Cisco. Even after knowing you are still holding on to your zidh. Not a healthy habit.

When you say martial artists laugh at gatka, have those so called martial artists ever faced a trained Nihang singh in india who has practiced gatka since childhood? A Nihangs Singh would be able to decapitate them in a second.

And your heavy weapons argument doesn't make sense. In fact heavy weapons are precisely the reason for these swing movements. Indian weapons were heavy and because of this Indian warriors since the start had swing movements to make the flow of the weapon easier during combat. Thus is how Indian warriors were so trained in fighting with heavy weapons like mace/Gurj i.e. Gadha Yudh.

And jumping in the air is not Gatka nor practical. Only a recent innovation by western kids to mimick their favourite kung fu movies or the matrix.

Swing movements that you try to ridicule by calling clown this clown that is what all Indo Persian warriors did. The european fencing type movements or the chinese sword fighting movements as seen in kung fu movies which you seem to advocate is not our thing.

Not that those videshi martial arts are bad. But as I have stated a martial art is only as good as the martial artist.

I'm just going to throw this in:

Personally, if what he (Niddar and his deputies) teaches is 'fit for purpose' i.e. good exercise and effective combat techniques, I'd say it would be worth training in it.

I'd also say that it being a modern, composite martial art is a plus, not a negative.

I don't see why people can't just train and get the benefits without taking on his theological world.

I mean hell, I remember I had this one Muslim maths teacher once who was a bit of tosser (probably a tad bit fundamentalist), but that didn't stop me learning what I could from him to help me pass my exams. Learning from him didn't turn me into a sullah.

I'd say that people who end up getting brainwashed (which is what people accuse him off) probably have weak, easily impressionable personalities to start with?

Personally, if what he (Niddar and his deputies) teaches is 'fit for purpose' i.e. good exercise and effective combat techniques, I'd say it would be worth training in it.

I'd also say that it being a modern, composite martial art is a plus, not a negative.

I don't see why people can't just train and get the benefits without taking on his theological world.

I mean hell, I remember I had this one Muslim maths teacher once who was a bit of tosser (probably a tad bit fundamentalist), but that didn't stop me learning what I could from him to help me pass my exams. Learning from him didn't turn me into a sullah.

I'd say that people who end up getting brainwashed (which is what people accuse him off) probably have weak, easily impressionable personalities to start with?

Yup, your right. You can separate the theology and other stuff from the art form. By learning kung fu from a buddhist monk you won't become Buddhist. Take what you need from whoever is the best at teaching it.

You do need to be weak minded and gullible to be brainwashed. Maybe the very young and other certain groups maybe vulnerable but your average half clued up person has nothing to fear.

I would agree if it was something minor differences. But when we have a guy who is clearly insulting our Shaheeds every step of the way. These Shaheeds who gave their all for the Panth(for you and me) while this dharti te bojh, Nakhatoo Pakhandi who has never done a thing for the Panth sits back and says to his gullible western chellas to give him Rasta Basta which is his code name for money which he fleeces out of them to further his anti Sikh ideology. Unknowingly you will only become a contributor and helper of an rss agent.

Yup, your right. You can separate the theology and other stuff from the art form. By learning kung fu from a buddhist monk you won't become Buddhist. Take what you need from whoever is the best at teaching it.

You do need to be weak minded and gullible to be brainwashed. Maybe the very young and other certain groups maybe vulnerable but your average half clued up person has nothing to fear.

This is the problem with Sikhs today. They are willing to sell out just for some worldly gain. This is why our movement failed during the early 90s. We dont feel any moral dilemma in shaking hands with the enemy because we may learn something minor from him. And he's no Buddhist monk. If you must compare him then Ajit Singh Poohla would be the better comparison.