any body can suggest my baby boy name start with J

Jagjeet - Winner of the World; One who Conquers the World of the Mind

Jagjeevan - worldly life

Jiwan/jivan - life

Japman - mind in meditation

Jasmeher - Gods blessing

Japnoor - Worshipper of Eternal Light

Jasnoor - Bright; Strong; Love; Light of God

Johnny, I'm going to ignore JKVlondon as she lacks intellectual substance but I'll start you with this thought:......Our Gurus took us out of the darkness.....Man, has taken us back into it.

Absolutely nothing to do with Hindus. Hindus can do what they want. Hindus have always had their traditions and they always will. Good luck to them. They're as good and bad as me. Nothing to do with me though.

Hindus, just like Sikhs, have some unbeleivably good people amomgst them. Truly wonderfull people. Truly so.

But....that ain't got sh$t to do with shi$t. Its to do with following rituals. If I were to follow my great great great great grandfather's Hindu ritual of choosing a first letter for the name of my son than what's to stop me from going to the Gurdwara and choosing a name for the brand of jacket to buy for my final accountancy exam interview ?

My Guru Ji is wonderfull. My interview at Freshfields is also quite wonderful and life changing. Should I first consult Guru Ji about the colour of the tie I should wear for an interview with a magic circle Law firm before I go ?

My life is no more an empty shell than the tie I put on. My life is simply to be able to have the understanding that Amrit will give me life. Its so simple. The fact that all those before who take amrit and yet still don't understand the true meaning of it is not my problem.

You see......once you become absorbed in rituals you forget about the actual substance. The actual substance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells you everything you need to know about getting lost in rituals and thus, forgetting about actual substance so, I'll refer you back to what I said before:

"The greatest Sikh of the century (Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale) was named by his parents after a French army rank (after the French language became the lingua franca of the Khalsa Kingdom)

Our 10th master, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, named his children after Iranian first names."

i.e...a name is just a name. Nothing more.Nothing less. If a nation thinks a name of a child is mega important than that nation will never become an actual nation.

Now....as you see how we Sikhs are the ONE and ONLY major religion on planet earth without a homeland perhaps you can see it is justified because we have become absorbed in rituals rather than actual substance ??????

I love you too veer ji ...

What individuals want to do is up to them, but as a 'Sikh' and as a minimum we should be following the Maryada which describes the naming ceremony. Here is a copy paste from SikhAnswers. In addition to the naming ceremony it is beneficial to give 'Gurti' to the young child preferably soon after the birth.

Sikh ceremonies are not rituals or occasions for the display of affluence and ego, but acts of thanks-giving and prayer, suited to the occasion. There is no ceremony at the time of the birth of the child in a Sikh family, even though the event produces a feeling of joy among the near relatives. However, when the mother and the child are in a position to move about, say a few weeks after the birth, the family takes the opportunity of performing the Naming Ceremony.

Below is a description of Naam Sanskaar or “Naming Ceremony” in accordance to the Panthic Sikh Rehat Maryada:

CEREMONIES PERTAINING TO BIRTH AND NAMING OF A CHILD (ਜਨਮ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ-ਸੰਸਕਾਰ)

ੳ) ਸਿੱਖ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਬਾਲਕ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਹੋਣ ਮਗਰੋਂ ਜਦ ਮਾਤਾ ਉਠਣ ਬੈਠਣ ਤੇ ਇਸ਼ਨਾਨ ਕਰਨ ਦੇ ਯੋਗ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ (ਦਿਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਕੋਈ ਗਿਣਤੀ ਮੁਕੱਰਰ ਨਹੀਂ) ਟੱਬਰ ਤੇ ਸੰਬੰਧੀ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰੇ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਿ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਜਾਣ ਜਾਂ ਕਰਾਉਣ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਹਜ਼ੂਰ ‘ਪਰਮੇਸਿਰ ਦਿਤਾ ਬੰਨਾ’ (ਸੋਰਿਠ ਮ: ੫) ‘ਸਿਤਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ’ (ਆਸਾ ਮ:੫) ਆਦਿ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਤੇ ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਵਾਲੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਪੜ੍ਹਨ, ਉਪ੍ਰੰਤ, ਜੇਕਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਪਾਠ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਹੋਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਪਾਠ ਦਾ ਭੋਗ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਵੇ, ਫਿਰ ਵਾਕ ਲਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ। ਵਾਕ ਦੇ ਅਰੰਭ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ ਜੋ ਪਿਹਲਾ ਅੱਖਰ ਹੋਵੇ, ਉਸ ਤੋਂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਸਿੰਘ ਬੱਚੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਤਜਵੀਜ਼ ਕਰੇ ਅਤੇ ਸੰਗਤ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਨਗੀ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਨਾਮ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰੇ। ਲੜਕੇ ਦੇ ਨਾਉਂ ਪਿੱਛੇ ‘ਸਿੰਘ’ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਅਤੇ ਲੜਕੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਪਿੱਛੇ ‘ਕੌਰ’ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਲਗਾਇਆ ਜਾਵੇ। ਉਪ੍ਰੰਤ, ਅਨੰਦ ਸਾਹਿਬ (ਛੇ ਪਉੜੀਆਂ) ਮਗਰੋਂ ਬੱਚੇ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਸੰਸਕਾਰ ਦੀ ਖੁਸ਼ੀ ਦਾ ਯੋਗ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਰਦਾਸਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਕੜਾਹ ਪ੍ਰਸ਼ਾਦਿ ਵਰਤਾਇਆ ਜਾਵੇ।

“(a) In a Sikh’s household, as soon after the birth of a child as the mother becomes capable of moving about and taking bath (irrespective of the number of days which that takes), the family and relatives should go to a Gurdwara with Karhaah Prashaad (sacred pudding) or get Karhaah Prashaad made in the Gurdwara and recite in the holy presence of the Guru Granth Sahib such hymns as “Parmeshar ditaa banaa” {Sorath M. 5} (The Almighty Lord has granted support, [sorath M. 5, Guru Granth Sahib Ang 628]); “Satguru sache dia bhej” {Asa M. 5} (The true Lord has sent this gift [Asa M. 5, Guru Granth Sahib Ang 396]) that are expressive of joy and thankfulness. Thereafter if a reading of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji had been taken up, that should be concluded. Then the holy Hukam (command) should be taken. A name starting with the first letter of the Shabad of the Hukam (command) should he proposed by the Granthi (man in attendance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) and, after its acceptance by the congregation, the name should be announced by him. The boy’s name must have the suffix “Singh” and the girl’s, the suffix “Kaur”. After that the Anand Sahib (short version comprising six stanzas) should be recited and the Ardas in appropriate terms expressing joy over the naming ceremony be offered and the Karhah Prashad distributed.”

The Hukam or command taken at the Naming ceremony is a Hukam for the child and parents, which Guru Jee’s guidance and instruction. From the Hukam (command), the first letter from the first word of the shabad is used to choose a name. When choosing a name, such a name should be picked which is inspiring and uplifting because a name affects the child in later life. Picking one a name using the letter giving by Guru Ji, the parents receive the Guru’s blessings. When the name is chosen by the parents and approved by the Granthi (the Sikh man or woman in attendance of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) then it should be announced to the Saadh Sangat, congregation. On announcing it to the congregation, someone should shout, ‘Bole So Nihaal: Sat Sree Akaal!’ (Whosoever responds to this call shall be blessed: True is the Immortal Lord). This signifies the congregation has accepted the name.