Pickpocket Gang Rightfully Jailed. Qaum Di Bezhti Good And Proper.

DailyMail

Guest Jacfsing2

I doubt any of the Afghan Sikhs are Pathan veerji, they don't look it at all.

I've never personally met many Afghani Sikhs, (or I couldn't tell if they were Afghani); however, I'm sure some Pathans did convert to Sikhi, a Muslim spy watching the 1st Khand Di Pahul became a Sikh. https://www.flickr.com/photos/nida12/5939447006 (I don't know if the people in the link are Pathans; however, they don't look like Indians or Punjabis).

I've never personally met many Afghani Sikhs, (or I couldn't tell if they were Afghani); however, I'm sure some Pathans did convert to Sikhi, a Muslim spy watching the 1st Khand Di Pahul became a Sikh. https://www.flickr.com/photos/nida12/5939447006 (I don't know if the people in the link are Pathans; however, they don't look like Indians or Punjabis).

They might be Hazaras?

The Arora Sikhs have their fair skin in common with the Pathans, as in the picture you posted veerji.

But Pathans are dramatically taller than the majority of South Asians, usually of slim, wiry build with sharp features. Arora Sikhs are generally quite short, with rounder features. There may be some Pathan Sikhs of course.

It's my understanding that the Khatri/Arora Sikhs living in Afghanistan today are the descendants of migrants from the subcontinent.

They might be Hazaras?

Doubt that even more brother, Hazaras are descended from Mongols so they possess the flat faces and distinctive eyes of oriental peoples. You'll never find a Khatri Sikh looking like that.

Guest Jacfsing2

The Arora Sikhs have their fair skin in common with the Pathans, as in the picture you posted veerji.

But Pathans are dramatically taller than the majority of South Asians, usually of slim, wiry build with sharp features. Arora Sikhs are generally quite short, with rounder features. There may be some Pathan Sikhs of course.

It's my understanding that the Khatri/Arora Sikhs living in Afghanistan today are the descendants of migrants from the subcontinent

I haven't seen many indians with green eyes; however, I'll just end it here on those folk. But, why exactly would Aroras be short and round if they're Khatris, (I don't really expect that from a caste based on warriors and kings).

But, why exactly would Aroras be short and round if they're Khatris, (I don't really expect that from a caste based on warriors and kings).

I'm not sure if Khatri and Kshatriya are the same thing. Actually, nobody is. Their preferred line of occupation, namely the mercantile, would suggest otherwise. The Khatris claim they were warriors turned merchants.

Whatever the case, the Kshatriya abandoned dharam and their self-professed duty to protect the weak many centuries ago (I believe that Guru Sahib says as much, can't remember the tuk). It's little wonder that centuries of inertia and the merchant's lifestyle have caused them to lose most of their former martial bearing.

Afghan Sikhs are of Arora-Khatri community and are basically Punjabis settled in Afghanistan. This community has existed since the times of the Gurus since we know Sakhis of Kabuli Sangat visiting the Gurus. Bhai Nand Lal Jee was of this community. Many Khatri Arora Sikhs had even settled in Iran and central Asia. My Mama jee had traveled to Afghanistan and Iran on his way to Grrmany during the 70s. He said that he and his friend who was with him during the journey had found many Gurdwaras in Afghanistan and Iran being maintained by the Khatri Arora Sikhs. My Mama would stay in the Gurdwaras at night where ever they found one.

My Mama ji mentions that the Sikh Khatri Arora community of Iran were very generous and big hearted people who helped them anyway they could. But the Afghan Sikhs were not helpful nor generous to my Mamaji and his friend.

Afghan Sikhs are quite distinct from Pathans. Just from the facial features you can tell the difference. Pathans have these eagle eyes and hooked noses. Afghan Sikhs have more round features. But strangely the Khatris you see in Delhi have more sharper features even though they are they same pothohari people.