Query

kaurp

WJKKWJKF

I have a query in my mind.Since our birth we are taught about achieving materialistic things for example in our school time we are expected to work hard and attain good marks then we are constantly motivated for good job and so on .Now how is it possible to change our attitude towards worldy things and just accept our life the way God has written our destiny.we are surrounded by motivational and inspirational speakers defining happiness with success.and thus giving us successmantras like constant hard work and focus and bla bla which I believe is all moh maya.How can we change our attitude and get a sense of dettachment from wordly things.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of it - I offer no judgement on those issues - the answer to your question is this: walk away. From everything.

But we aren't supposed to do that. It flies in the face of everything Gurbani instructs. You're meant to find a half-way house to reside.

If you believe hard work and focus is "bla bla" because you can't be bothered to apply yourself, then that's a poor attitude. Best to find a wealthy husband so you won't have to worry about the bills, and then pray away to your heart's content.

MisterrSingh ji has written a good post. Balance is the keyword, as Paji has said. Who says it's easy? Some of us don't have a choice but to surrender to God's will. But God can also grace change. Why do you want to detach from the world? The Gurus didn't tell us to run off into the mountains. We are not sadhus or perfect.

" Now how is it possible to change our attitude towards worldy things and just accept our life the way God has written our destiny. " - Waheguru's Mehr.

WJKKWJKF

I have a query in my mind.Since our birth we are taught about achieving materialistic things for example in our school time we are expected to work hard and attain good marks then we are constantly motivated for good job and so on .Now how is it possible to change our attitude towards worldy things and just accept our life the way God has written our destiny.we are surrounded by motivational and inspirational speakers defining happiness with success.and thus giving us successmantras like constant hard work and focus and bla bla which I believe is all moh maya.How can we change our attitude and get a sense of dettachment from wordly things.

Dear kaurp,

as per my understanding, we need 3 powerful adds on us, to overcome moh maya or detachment from worldly things:

1)Sadh Kee Sangat

2)Bani

3)Nishkant(selfless) sewa

And then last, but not least, take out yourself(ego), which is quite difficult, for that we need a lot of kamaee, and see Wahiguru in all .

By dropping off the ego, then only He remains.

Sikhee, is all that about only.

Sat Sree Akal.

HARSHARAN JI

take out ego does that mean accepting everything and everyone as it is? Even if somebody is not doing right ? Then why are we taught to fight for justice? If we have to do this how can we change our society and remove evils? My original question was is it right to work for attainment of worldly things or should we be just satisfied with the way our life is and just concentrate on naam simran.

Kaurp, its really hard but balance is key. Before u settle in the perfect stable sehaj middle of the balance, you will tip either too much to worldly side or to viraag side. You must decide the middle ground yourself after experimentation. The goal is that u can perform ur worldly duties, ur farz to ur parents, to society, to the panth while being able to keep naam or remembrance of god 24/7. This is almost impossible especially in the beginning so one must decide which to give importance to. The best thing is to do everything but not to have hopes or desires and spend at least 2 hours on simran prayers daily if ur serious. So go to school, study hard, but dont care about the materialistic rewards. Do it cuz its hukam, and leave the rewards to god.

Also the hukam/destiny thing is hard to fathom. So just remember not to do a good action that u r capable of is also paap. So to lie is bad, but to stay quiet and not tell the truth when it could be helpful is also bad. To be cruel, is to be bad, but not stopping cruelty is also bad. So if u see an injustice happening and dont do anything, ur creating bad karma and it will effect ur naam simran. When an injustice is happening over which u have no control, u can do nothing to stop, then its hukam. Accept it and move on. Its like Assissi's prayer. Hukam is more complicated but this how i simplify it for myself. Also watch basics of sikhi videos about hukam. In their marriage series they talk about how to live that balanced life. Maybe simran345 can find those videos. She is good at that :)

Thanks all for your time and replies.At this stage of life I am unable to make certain decisions and choose right path.so I seek help from you people.I think the fault is in me , I am not doing naam simran that s why I am not able to take decisions and see things with clarity but my mind wanders a lot these days and I am not able to do any sort of meditation.

" My original question was is it right to work for attainment of worldly things or should we be just satisfied with the way our life is and just concentrate on naam simran."

There is one thing we must remember, it is actually Waheguru's grace and karam that gives us the attainment of worldly things. The same goes for Naam Simran. Without them (Waheguru) we are nothing. We should accept the way our life is as its only due to our own karam. We also need to live a gristhi Jeevan as Paji Not2cool2argue has mentioned.

Penji, Harsharan Paji and Not2Cool2Argue Paji have explained it well.

As Paji Harsharan has said this is the difficult bit. Gurmukhs, high spiritual avasta souls even have to work very hard at this. It's not something that can be done by ourselves alone.

I will let Harsharan ji answer that bit for you though.

Regarding negative people in ones life, one should try to keep away from negativity as best as they can. Obviously if somebody is doing bad to another, that is not right either. So that person doing it will reap what they have sown at some time, the same way of ones own karm, whether good or bad.

God has given us the understanding of what is good and what is bad, so in situations, one should deal with them accordingly.

Not2cool2argue wrote " . Do it cuz its hukam, and leave the rewards to god ".

This I like.

Lol Paji main videographer a ? ?

Penji if you do a search for Hukam on the forum, there are some videos on this.

Take one step at a time, don't worry, God knows everything, they are always there for one.

If it's affecting you a lot then get some practical help from around you.

KAURP,

answering you below:

HARSHARAN JI
take out ego, does that mean accepting everything and everyone as it is?

Yeah, accepting everyone and everything including yourself.

Moreover, taking out ego means also, not to see anybody else as inferior, for whatever cause/reason. Because that I, me, mine .... fill us with envy, jealousy, hatred, pride...and all these vices then push us to do bad karam.

So the best is to be humble, this noble virtue alone by itself carries a bunch of other virtues, which help us a lot in first being a human being, then, in our spiritual journey towards Wahiguru

Even if somebody is not doing right ?

If someone is not doing right, you give your sound advice, and leave it. Do not take it to heart. Each one is responsible for his/her destiny

Then why are we taught to fight for justice?

Because justice is the base of peace and happiness. But that much we should bear in mind, justice starts with oneself, We re not to reform the world. Leave that in the hands of the Creator.

As time is short, one should do justice to the Grace showered by Wahiguru on us, by giving us this human birth, to devote ourselves fully at His Lotus Feet, and achieve the objective of this priceless human form.

If we have to do this how can we change our society and remove evils?

Let us remove the evil(mind) from us first, then only can we be able to share the gyan of His grace with the rest of mankind.

My original question was is it right to work for attainment of worldly things or should we be just satisfied with the way our life is and just concentrate on naam simran.

We should fulfill our duties as citizens of this world as best as we can, in whatever circumstances our destiny has placed us, but not engaging so much in the mayevee creation, that we forget to do our real job, which is Bhajan/bandagee.

Sat Sree Akal.