Produced In A Factory That Processes Eggs

guptsinghji

Are we allowed to eat products Produced in a factory that processes eggs

Allowed by whom brother? By Guru Sahib? By Akaal Takhat Sahib? Neither give any explicit answers to your particular question.

In instances such as these you should use your own judgement. I personally think this question is indicative of a tendency among certain Sikhs towards total overkill. Where does it end? Would you shun and ignore people who eat meat or come into contact with meat? Will you stop buying your vegetables from supermarkets which also sell meat? If not, then I can't see why you would abhor foods which were simply a couple dozen metres or so away from some eggs (they weren't even touching).

Guest Jacfsing2

Are we allowed to eat products Produced in a factory that processes eggs

That's a choice you'll have to make especially since the Akal Takht has only recently been freed from Badal. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji also isn't very clear on it nor are any Rehatnama. You'll have to decide based on Bibek and whether you believe Jhatka is Gurmat. (Eggs from what I know aren't considered Khutha meat due to them never being born). But what would I know the only meat I avoid is Halal or any other of them methods by slow deaths.

Allowed by whom brother? By Guru Sahib? By Akaal Takhat Sahib? Neither give any explicit answers to your particular question.

In instances such as these you should use your own judgement. I personally think this question is indicative of a tendency among certain Sikhs towards total overkill. Where does it end? Would you shun and ignore people who eat meat or come into contact with meat? Will you stop buying your vegetables from supermarkets which also sell meat? If not, then I can't see why you would abhor foods which were simply a couple dozen metres or so away from some eggs (they weren't even touching).

I avoid eating things made by a factory that processes eggs. (And of course this is not an endorsement for OP to avoid it as well. He/she should make their own decision.) Because that information is written for people with allergies and they are affected if the eggs are touching not if they are in the same building. Though in the US,it usually says Produced on Equipment that Also Processes Eggs. So in this case, it is reasonable to presume eggs are touching and maybe in the food too.