Why Lack Of Sikh In Boxing Mma An Other Combat Sports

sikhstudent99

You can still learn combat arts regardless of if you have a beard and kesh. Boxing is great for striking but does not allow usage of the majority of effective strikes because it is a sport orientated art not a combat art.

I'm talking about elbow strikes, eye gouging, groin strikes, back of the head strikes, kidney punches, small joint manipulation I.e: finger breaks, strangulation, joint breaks. Etc etc.

Techniques using the above are the base and core concepts of true combat arts.

There's no point training for sport, if you ever get attacked in the street you attacker will not be following any rules... More than likely there will more than one attacker, most sport arts simply do not cater for how to defend against multiple attackers.

I've said it many times find an art form and teacher that will teach you street effective combat forms with drills for real life situations.

One prime example is the Sikh dentist attacked in mould Wales, by a white supremacist nazi supporter in a supermarket he was attacked with a large blade and a hammer, this is reality, this is up what you can find yourself up against in the streets. Boxing alone or even mma will not help you , you need to learn effective use of weaponary and defence against attackers carrying weapons .

It is weird because in East London you get plenty of Bengalis who train and fight in boxing.

I think overly worried Sikh parents discourage kids. And it is also not seen as a profitable vocation and you know how much status means to many of our lot.

There used to be a few fighters a generation or two back, Kash the Flash Gill for example.

That being said, a fair few youngers DO train hard these days and can lift houses, so there are some strong brothers about. Not enough though.

I think THE BIG question is:

If you are a Sikh male, and are not training regularly in some way, why?

What do you need to see that keeping yourself (and consequently the wider community) strong is essential, not only as a religious duty but also in the face of an often hostile world?

(That's not saying Sikh females shouldn't train btw!)

I think overly worried Sikh parents discourage kids. And it is also not seen as a profitable vocation and you know how much status means to many of our lot.

That's the crux of the issue right there. As well as being the reason why we have a dearth of boxers/MMA fighters to our community's name, it's also why we have no poets, no writers, no journalists, no artists, no actors and no sportsmen. Sikh parents are consumed with money, and the way to guarantee that their kids have money is by forcing them to play it safe and study engineering rather than allowing them to take a risk by following their dreams of boxing fame. They're not risk takers - but taking risks is how a people grow.

it's also why we have no poets, no writers, no journalists, no artists, no actors and no sportsmen.

A fair few apnay and apneean have written best sellers bro.

Okay, a lot of them are misery memoirs (like I Jasvinder Sanghera or the one by the sister from the family who killed their daughter in law in Hounslow), but there are others (even if they are heavily coconutised - maybe that is a prerequisite?).

Nirpal Dhaliwal, Sathnam Sanghera for example.

Daljit Nagra is also a poet and he's on the GCSE curriculum (or at least was when I last checked).

I'm not surprised there are no journalists because any brown man highlighting gorayaan de kartootaan wouldn't last. There are the token 'eye-candy for goray' apneean in that field though. Daljit Dhaliwal for example.

This new cat (Sunjeev Sahota) looks interesting, I might check his stuff out -

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/17326-sunjeev-sahota/

A fair few apnay and apneean have written best sellers bro.

Okay, a lot of them are misery memoirs (like I Jasvinder Sanghera or the one by the sister from the family who killed their daughter in law in Hounslow), but there are others (even if they are heavily coconutised - maybe that is a prerequisite?).

Nirpal Dhaliwal, Sathnam Sanghera for example.

Daljit Nagra is also a poet and he's on the GCSE curriculum (or at least was when I last checked).

I'm not surprised there are no journalists because any brown man highlighting gorayaan de kartootaan wouldn't last. There are the token 'eye-candy for goray' apneean in that field though. Daljit Dhaliwal for example.

This new cat (Sunjeev Sahota) looks interesting, I might check his stuff out -

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/17326-sunjeev-sahota/

Lol, brown women definitely have an easier time of it.

But it seems to me that you're right in your assessment that apnaay have to be of a certain type if they want to penetrate these white fields. Two types to be precise: A, a complete coconut, or B, a merchant of stereotypes. Newsreaders like Anita Rani and Daljit Dhaliwal would fall into the first, and most of our authors and 'comedians' who don't ever seem to traffic in anything except horrors and cliches into the second.

Lol, brown women definitely have an easier time of it.

But it seems to me that you're right in your assessment that apnaay have to be of a certain type if they want to penetrate these white fields. Two types to be precise: A, a complete coconut, or B, a merchant of stereotypes. Newsreaders like Anita Rani and Daljit Dhaliwal would fall into the first, and most of our authors and 'comedians' who don't ever seem to traffic in anything except horrors and cliches into the second.

You will find with newsreaders that they have to speak RP English so that "posh" accent makes the likes of Daljit Dhaliwal look more "coconut" than they probably are in real life.