Yet Another Group Of Anti-sikh Thugs Causing Fights In Gurdwara Over Committee

genie

is it me or it look like a bunch of monay on one side and amritdhari's on the other... who are the two groups? is the former sponsored by indian gov?

I don't know the inner workings of this particular gurdwara but I doubt the government has anything to with this.

This appears (again I'm just guessing) to likely be an issue of something stupid like chairs in the langar hall or maybe even something dumber like allowing benches in maharaj hazoori. These are usually the causes that "monay apne" (I refuse to call them Sikhs) take up arms over in the west.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

More "liberalness" so anything goes vs. Sikhi.

More details here from Sukhdeep Singh, who is a local:

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,34257

Things would be so much more simple if the following rules were established in all western gurdwaras:

If you aren't an Amritdhari:

-You cannot join any committee.

-You cannot speak on stage or preach to the sangat.

Nothing irritates me more than monay who get on stage and start preaching to sangat. If you don't follow guru sahibs rehat, who you should not be allowed to address the holy sangat.

In recent months this is the second such fight I have witnessed.

This time with Keshdhari's who introduced, santhia. ithaas classes and gatka over the past 2 years and mainly monay on the other side (who allegedly did the opposite or were not interested).

In this situation if what Sukhdeep Singh is saying is true, then the old committee should not have taken to the stage and this bibi should have used her budhi not to disturb Guru Darbar in progress. If she wanted to make a point should have waited until after Sukhasan.

What is it about taking control of a Gurdwarey with Sikhs? When run properly and where money is not squandered on white elephants and personal gain/status, it is a challenge and entails great responsibility to the Guru and the Sangat!

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
ਸੁੰਞੀ ਦੇਹ ਡਰਾਵਣੀ ਜਾ ਜੀਉ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਜਾਇ ॥
The empty body is dreadful, when the soul goes out from within.
ਭਾਹਿ ਬਲੰਦੀ ਵਿਝਵੀ ਧੂਉ ਨ ਨਿਕਸਿਓ ਕਾਇ ॥
The burning fire of life is extinguished, and the smoke of the breath no longer emerges.
ਪੰਚੇ ਰੁੰਨੇ ਦੁਖਿ ਭਰੇ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥੧॥
The five relatives (the senses) weep and wail painfully, and waste away through the love of duality. ||1||
ਮੂੜੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰਿ ॥
You fool: chant the Name of the Lord, and preserve your virtue.
ਹਉਮੈ ਮਮਤਾ ਮੋਹਣੀ ਸਭ ਮੁਠੀ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Egotism and possessiveness are very enticing; egotistical pride has plundered everyone. ||1||Pause||

In recent months this is the second such fight I have witnessed.

This time with Keshdhari's who introduced, santhia. ithaas classes and gatka over the past 2 years and mainly monay on the other side (who allegedly did the opposite or were not interested).

In this situation if what Sukhdeep Singh is saying is true, then the old committee should not have taken to the stage and this bibi should have used her budhi not to disturb Guru Darbar in progress. If she wanted to make a point should have waited until after Sukhasan.

What is it about taking control of a Gurdwarey with Sikhs? When run properly and where money is not squandered on white elephants and personal gain/status, it is a challenge and entails great responsibility to the Guru and the Sangat!

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
ਸੁੰਞੀ ਦੇਹ ਡਰਾਵਣੀ ਜਾ ਜੀਉ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਜਾਇ ॥
The empty body is dreadful, when the soul goes out from within.
ਭਾਹਿ ਬਲੰਦੀ ਵਿਝਵੀ ਧੂਉ ਨ ਨਿਕਸਿਓ ਕਾਇ ॥
The burning fire of life is extinguished, and the smoke of the breath no longer emerges.
ਪੰਚੇ ਰੁੰਨੇ ਦੁਖਿ ਭਰੇ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥੧॥
The five relatives (the senses) weep and wail painfully, and waste away through the love of duality. ||1||
ਮੂੜੇ ਰਾਮੁ ਜਪਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰਿ ॥
You fool: chant the Name of the Lord, and preserve your virtue.
ਹਉਮੈ ਮਮਤਾ ਮੋਹਣੀ ਸਭ ਮੁਠੀ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Egotism and possessiveness are very enticing; egotistical pride has plundered everyone. ||1||Pause||

Veer Ji,

From my limited encounters with these types of people, it seems they have marital problems or other family problems where no one respects their authority at home so they seek power at the Gurdwara to exhaust their power.

It's sad. May Waheguru protect the sanctity of our gurdwaras.

Khalsa is pure sovereign independent body from all these committees conflict.

So quite bluntly and with all due respect, where are actual singhs who do honorable panj pyares di seva?

Sangat should demand answers from them, what is actually their role when it comes to solving this kinda of conflict? or their overall role and responsibility? Let them define it, ask them for framework. They should following foot steps of orginal panj pyares not take their roles lightly or part time position.

Again, Are they only there for part time symbolic gestures in nagar kirtan and amrit sanchar?

If thats case, its quite contrary to historical duties of original panj pyares.

I strongly believe - most of issues will get resolved if singhs who do panj pyares di seva actual maintain full time seva/leadership role for their local communities not just go back to their normal duties as soon as they are done becoming symbolic gestures.