Goodbye Forever': How Religion Treats Apostates

Guest Jacfsing2

As sad as it is; it ultimately is his choice. Better than those Atheists w/o dress up like Sikhs being in the closet I suppose.

What's hilarious is look how sona he looks with the dastar.

He looks dog <banned word filter activated> ugly in the right pic.

Hypocrite! http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78643-pickpocket-gang-rightfully-jailed-qaum-di-bezhti-good-and-proper/page-15 What ever happened to being nice and arguing with Simran345 on how bad she was?

As sad as it is; it ultimately is his choice. Better than those Atheists w/o dress up like Sikhs being in the closet I suppose.

Hypocrite! http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/78643-pickpocket-gang-rightfully-jailed-qaum-di-bezhti-good-and-proper/page-15 What ever happened to being nice and arguing with Simran345 on how bad she was?

Friend, you need to read my posts again. She took her shot at jagsaw, which was fine. She went at him over and over and over again. That was my issue.

Is this just another example of what happens when families compel their children to keep kesh despite the adult children not really having any religious feelings?

Parents have to try their best obviously, but as adults, it's a persons choice.

Better this than a person putting on a sham throughout their adult life to please people, despite having no internalised belief. That's when you get dastaar wearing people secretly drinking, smoking and whatnot.

Is this just another example of what happens when families compel their children to keep kesh despite the adult children not really having any religious feelings?

Parents have to try their best obviously, but as adults, it's a persons choice.

Better this than a person putting on a sham throughout their adult life to please people, despite having no internalised belief. That's when you get dastaar wearing people secretly drinking, smoking and whatnot.

No, it is just another example of what happens when parents do not give any knowledge to their children about Sikhi.

How can parents try their best when they themselves know very less about their own religion.

No, it is just another example of what happens when parents do not give any knowledge to their children about Sikhi.

How can parents try their best when they themselves know very less about their own religion.

There are plenty of ex-Sikhs who possess knowledge of the Sikh Dharam, but who leave the faith regardless. Resorting to ^this^ tired platitude in the face of every apostasy trivializes people's experiences and suffering. This young man didn't cut his hair because he was some clown who thought it would help him get the girls - if he was, he wouldn't have decided to start posting on an atheist forum. It's clear that he couldn't reconcile his rationality with his faith, and he deserves to be taken seriously. It's not easy to be forced to give up something which has been the bedrock of your existence for 20 years.

The children of these parents should start taking some responsibility for themselves. They're not being remotely-controlled by mum and dad, there is nothing stopping them from learning Bani or Itihaas for themselves, like a lot of us had to do. Unless you're a little kid there is no excuse for not knowing your Sikhi, whether you have Gursikh parents, irreligious parents or no parents.

I wonder if people who claim to be atheist are actually agnostic?

There's a few of our lot that fall into that camp. There's a yearning for spirituality; that pull towards something bigger than us, but they get bamboozled by the organised religion aspect of it ("Do this", "Don't do this"). So, they switch off completely and make it easier on themselves by declaring themselves atheist. It's quite sad in a way.