Keski Bibiaa Taking Keski Off

guptsinghji

Sis, what do you think this rehit was?

When you look at surviving manuscripts, there was never one centrally accepted one from what I can tell?

You, and many others, make the mistake of assuming that the remaining Rehatnamas actually were the view held by (a section of) the Sikh community. We should keep the possibility in mind that most of these rehats were personal reflections or desires of the author.

You, and many others, make the mistake of assuming that the remaining Rehatnamas actually were the view held by (a section of) the Sikh community. We should keep the possibility in mind that most of these rehats were personal reflections or desires of the author.

I know what you mean, there are some older rehitnamey which have a distinct brahmanic bouquet ... but I take global view if it goes against what Guru Sahiban illustrated in itihaas and by His Bachan then I will avoid doing oolangna of Guru ji's hukam.

Guest Jacfsing2

Some Rehatnama contradict each other. If there was a uniting thing for Sikhs it was Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

There never was. Nihang Singh rehit was actually the rehit talked about in many granths, rehitnamas etc. Today people don't really like those rehits such as shaheedi degh or jhatka.

What is Shaheedi Degh? (I honestly don't know of this Rehat)

Some Rehatnama contradict each other. If there was a uniting thing for Sikhs it was Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

What is Shaheedi Degh? (I honestly don't know of this Rehat)

both the same jhatka= shaheedi degh

dasam Granth and Guru Granth Sahib were unifying it was only after advent of angrez that questions were created by their sponsored mischief makers

Guest Jacfsing2

dasam Granth and Guru Granth Sahib were unifying it was only after advent of angrez that questions were created by their sponsored mischief makers

I'm not doubting Dasam Granth; however, it's something I'd assume most common Sikhs wouldn't be able to either find or read directly. (I have never seen a physical saroop of Dasam Granth, and it's the modern era).

I'm not doubting Dasam Granth; however, it's something I'd assume most common Sikhs wouldn't be able to either find or read directly. (I have never seen a physical saroop of Dasam Granth, and it's the modern era).

the worrying thing in my mind is , the GOI raided our treasury of purataan documents once before in 1984 days after the attack and again Sikhs are bewakoof and surrendering their itihaasic haath likat Purataan saroops of Guru ji and Dasam Granths to Sikh Ref Library mark 2 after being begged by SGPC ...this time our history WILL be removed wholesale ... WHY are sikhs so slow to understand that each was safer being kept in individual families , getting full satkar , sewa rather than being placed in locked rooms only being seen by ???

Anyway getting back to point , some of the purantaan saroops have been digitised and may be available from punjab digital library. Besides one can find online resources for Dasam and Sarabloh granths

Wrong

Mahaparshad=jhatka

Shaheedi degh is a drink that nihangs make by adding stuff like almonds,couscous,5 pattey of marijuana and other stuff. This is called shaheedi degh.

We also have to look at granths such as gurbilas patshahi 6ve, gurbilas patshahi 10ve, pracheen panth Prakash, bansavlinama, prem sumarag Granth etc. If in these granths a lot of things are similar such as rehit etc then that's how the Sikh community would have done back in the day.