Keski Bibiaa Taking Keski Off

guptsinghji

Guest Jacfsing2

Wrong

Mahaparshad=jhatka

Shaheedi degh is a drink that nihangs make by adding stuff like almonds,couscous,5 pattey of marijuana and other stuff. This is called shaheedi degh.

What do the Nihangs believe this drink does for them? Is it a Spiritual concept or a Physical concept?

What do the Nihangs believe this drink does for them? Is it a Spiritual concept or a Physical concept?

Both, the recipe is believed to have come directly from Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself in Nihang folklore. Also known as sukhnidaan or Sukha... Medicinal purposes include killing pain from injuries. These were times when there weren't such things as pain killers.

Look at rastafarah and some Hindu sadhus they still use cannabis to aid meditation.

Both, the recipe is believed to have come directly from Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself in Nihang folklore. Also known as sukhnidaan or Sukha... Medicinal purposes include killing pain from injuries. These were times when there weren't such things as pain killers.

Look at rastafarah and some Hindu sadhus they still use cannabis to aid meditation.

it has a very potent anti carcinogen, antibiotic action which many pharmaceutical companies want to surpress knowledge of now as the oil has been proven to kill cancer cells better then their poisons and burning

And what exactly do you think it is that a billion Hindus have been drinking every ;Holi; for the last 2000 years so that they can lose their senses and do nonsensical things ? :nono:

Any Sikh that thinks a substance that makes you lethargic and lose your perception of time and space as well as hand/eye co-ordination is usefull for a warrior in the heat of a battle where he has to swing multiple weapons and be aware of multiple enemies....in real time, is seriously deluded.

And what exactly do you think it is that a billion Hindus have been drinking every ;Holi; for the last 2000 years so that they can lose their senses and do nonsensical things ? :nono:

Any Sikh that thinks a substance that makes you lethargic and lose your perception of time and space as well as hand/eye co-ordination is usefull for a warrior in the heat of a battle where he has to swing multiple weapons and be aware of multiple enemies....in real time, is seriously deluded.

look at the level of dilution too : shaheedi degh is 5 leaves in the whole thing whereas there are handfuls of leaves and buds in hindu 'bhang' which you are referring to.

Shaheedi degh uses hormesis - the property where minute quanitities of a substance has the opposing effect to larger quantities

http://www.siomi.it/siomifile/siomi_pdf/articolo_01.pdf

I don't know what exactly you think Sukhnidaan does, but drinking/eating cannabis and smoking it do not have the same effect. I did a lot of both in the misguided days of my youth.

I have a story about it actually. One day, the pubescent Balkaar was sitting in a circle with three of his weed buddies and telling them about a drink called Sukha/Bhang. The traditional recipe for sukhnidaan prescribes five leaves of cannabis. We had two score bags, which should amount to about the same. I convinced my reluctant mates that it might be interesting if, instead of smoking weed, we might drink it. I prepared it exactly as I'd heard you were supposed to and we all knocked it back. An hour later after the most disappointing high you could imagine, they demanded I pay them each £10 for wasting all that precious weed. It doesn't get you slumped, it just makes you feel funny for a bit.You'd have to drink ridiculous amounts of the stuff to get you as high as a zoot might. The only reasons Nihangs today appear off their heads on it is because they throw in five big handfuls as opposed to five leaves.

look at the level of dilution too : shaheedi degh is 5 leaves in the whole thing whereas there are handfuls of leaves and buds in hindu 'bhang' which you are referring to.

Shaheedi degh uses hormesis - the property where minute quanitities of a substance has the opposing effect to larger quantities

http://www.siomi.it/siomifile/siomi_pdf/articolo_01.pdf

In all my life, having in the past sat with bhang drinking nihungs in Punjab, I have NEVER EVER come across any that actually practice the 5 leaf tradition in practice. However, in all my life. I have always met drug addicted Singhs that 'talk about the 5 leaf tradition' as a way of justifying their fondness of drugs.

Perhaps we should all use that same excuse with the Police and Judges. Lets all start buying and smoking a quarter sized portions of crack cocaine and when the police arrest us we can tell the judge "No...No....you don't understand. I shouldn't be arrested like those junkies because the amount I have is purely a spiritual amount and can't mess my mind up at all" ?

Dirty filthy junkies corrupting the impressionable young minds of our sons and daughters by trying to justify drug taking in the name of religion.

I don't know what exactly you think Sukhnidaan does, but drinking/eating cannabis and smoking it do not have the same effect. I did a lot of both in the misguided days of my youth.

I know much more than you Balkaar. I've drank it only once in my life and that was at a very famous historic Gurdwara in Punjab during a religious mela. I drank it with the Singhs and nothing happened. I sat there with the sangat like normal. Nothing happened. One hour went by. Two hours went by. Nothing happened. Then - as the almonds etc ensure that it is digested extremely slowly in the body - as we approached the third hour the whole thing hit me like a hammer blow at once. And thats the key point that you might learn here, as you don't seem to know how it works, in that it is the equivelent of a weed smoker who smokes 3 joints a day to not smoke all day and smoke all 3 for one giant 'hit' in one go at the end of the day because thats the way it works......it is designed to hit the brain in one go like a hammer blow after a period of digestion.

Anyway....as it hit me, I ran from the Gurdwara, stole someone's bike, rode through someone's sunflower fields with the tune of Zorba the Greek playing in my head, ended up in the centre of that strange pend, joined in a conversation with some people where I mostly just stared at them and time went very very slowly. Very, very, very very very slowly. And then I lay down and did nothing as time continued to go very very slowly.

Any of you filthy, dirty drug enthusiasts who want to corrupt the minds of our children by singing the praises of these kind of intoxicants need to seriously evaluate how it could possibly infuse the fiighting spirit and capability of a man in the heat of a battle. It can't. Its just an excuse for people who like the drug buzz to justify it in the name of religion.

I have a story about it actually. One day, the pubescent Balkaar was sitting in a circle with three of his weed buddies and telling them about a drink called Sukha/Bhang. The traditional recipe for sukhnidaan prescribes five leaves of cannabis. We had two score bags, which should amount to about the same. I convinced my reluctant mates that it might be interesting if, instead of smoking weed, we might drink it. I prepared it exactly as I'd heard you were supposed to and we all knocked it back. An hour later after the most disappointing high you could imagine, they demanded I pay them each £10 for wasting all that precious weed. It doesn't get you slumped, it just makes you feel funny for a bit.You'd have to drink ridiculous amounts of the stuff to get you as high as a zoot might. The only reasons Nihangs today appear off their heads on it is because they throw in five big handfuls as opposed to five leaves.

Thing is, the stuff people puff is the buds which are infinitely more loaded with the psychoactive compound THC which makes you buzz. In contrast the leaves have a LOT less THC in them, and are also higher in another cannabinoid compound called CBD, which actually has the opposite effect of THC.

This CBD stuff is currently being looked at as a possible medication for a number of serious ailments such as schiziophrenia, PTSD and even certain cancers.