Shaking, Jumping, Screaming, Shouting During Simran

guptsinghji

Gur Fateh Jio

What is the gurbanis explanation on this?

It all depends on the intention of the individual if its pure or not. We should not judged does not matter who they are may be not for their own sake but for our own spiritual development sake. Otherwise not only we be morally bankrupt but spiritually bankrupt as well.

Gurbani vakhs posted above giving updesh- discourse raising people consciousness to real tat- giving updesh, it for organized sects (in india) believe in dancing to attain god and also conditioned mind who believes by dancing - lord can be attained.

Its not rejecting spontaneous effortless movements, body jolting, shaking, dancing come out of sheer bliss-vismaad, surat- one consciousness transcending towards higher states of consciousness. Its careful slippery slope as one condioned mind can easily fixated themselves to-Altered states of consciousness and any ritual can fall right into dogma/pakhand if its done to show off- fakeness/ following trend with no feeling/fixation to feel good rather than discover sat about themselves.

Enforcing -Altered states through simran (be it done in akj samagam or 3ho or namdhari or taksal or rara sahib or nanaksar/nihang/pkj wherever is done) is maya, ultimately discouraged. But off course its ego human conditioning that ego wants to feel good by trying those alterating states through simran, but truth(essence of Gurmat) is not confined in these alterted states, truth is effortless choiceless liv (unbroken current of shabad/shabad gyan/pure consciousness). Don't get me wrong i wouldn't call these altered states as manmat as its good to get taste of ras- anand at alterated states of simran intially to give jump start- encouragement to go beyond but caution needs to paid by individuals as one can easily get stuck in altered states/pointers by fixated on them which can easily turn into hindrance in one spiritual soul development.

It all depends on the intention of the individual if its pure or not. We should not judged does not matter who they are may be not for their own sake but for our own spiritual development sake. Otherwise not only we be morally bankrupt but spiritually bankrupt as well.

Gurbani vakhs posted above giving updesh- discourse raising people consciousness to real tat- giving updesh, it for organized sects (in india) believe in dancing to attain god and also conditioned mind who believes by dancing - lord can be attained.

Its not rejecting spontaneous effortless movements, body jolting, shaking, dancing come out of sheer bliss-vismaad, surat- one consciousness transcending towards higher states of consciousness. Its careful slippery slope as one condioned mind can easily fixated themselves to-Altered states of consciousness and any ritual can fall right into dogma/pakhand if its done to show off- fakeness/ following trend with no feeling/fixation to feel good rather than discover sat about themselves.

Enforcing -Altered states through simran (be it done in akj samagam or 3ho or namdhari or taksal or rara sahib or nanaksar/nihang/pkj wherever is done) is maya, ultimately discouraged. But off course its ego human conditioning that ego wants to feel good by trying those alterating states through simran, but truth(essence of Gurmat) is not confined in these alterted states, truth is effortless choiceless liv (unbroken current of shabad/shabad gyan/pure consciousness). Don't get me wrong i wouldn't call these altered states as manmat as its good to get taste of ras- anand at alterated states of simran intially to give jump start- encouragement to go beyond but caution needs to paid by individuals as one can easily get stuck in altered states/pointers by fixated on them which can easily turn into hindrance in one spiritual soul development.

Paji N30S1NGH, I didn't put the Gurbani on to encourage the jumping, shaking screaming etc but to point out what Guruji says about the dance of the mind and not of the physical body. I agree with some of what you've written above.

Sorry ji I didn't make it clear.

waheguru jika khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

i don't understand what guptsinghji is talking about. i have never seen people jumping in simron. if they do my suggestion to you is when your are in sangat do not look at them who jumping and screaming just do your on simran the way you want to do

LOL, someone needs to tie these fools up or give em a smack. Im guessing its a common occurence since no one seemed phased.

NamDharis nickname is kookay for a reason , that they do this ucchi ucchi kookay during naam.

I'm trying to locate pangti starting 'ucche kookay ... any clues where it would be I think it is in Asa di vaar?

NamDharis nickname is kookay for a reason , that they do this ucchi ucchi kookay during naam.

I'm trying to locate pangti starting 'ucche kookay ... any clues where it would be I think it is in Asa di vaar?

ਊਚੇ ਕੂਕਹਿ ਵਾਦਾ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਜੋਧਾ ਕਾ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

ऊचे कूकहि वादा गावहि जोधा का वीचारु ॥

Ūcẖe kūkėh vāḏā gāvahi joḏẖā kā vīcẖār.

They shout aloud and sing of epic poems and heroes tales.

SGGS Ang 469

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

LOL, someone needs to tie these fools up or give em a smack. Im guessing its a common occurence since no one seemed phased.

I'm not sure what's going on here, nor do I wish to insult, but the elder man spent ages doing his stuff and the one at the end took the limelight in one second, oh ho ?

Like what's that all about.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji are not even present, so don't understand what's happening to them, as I was thinking maybe some troubled souls, but looks like whatever is going on is from what's being played on stage. I can't hear it properly, is it Kirtan of Gurbani?

I'm not sure what's going on here, nor do I wish to insult, but the elder man spent ages doing his stuff and the one at the end took the limelight in one second, oh ho

Like what's that all about.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji are not even present, so don't understand what's happening to them, as I was thinking maybe some troubled souls, but looks like whatever is going on is from what's being played on stage. I can't hear it properly, is it Kirtan of Gurbani?

they have have a dehdhari Guru , they do not obey Guru Gobind Singh ji , they read Gurbani but they have a mythology that Guru ji didn't die in 1708 but gave gurgaddi to their first guru

the full section I was thinking of is talking about dhongi behaviour in religion , I guess this is applicable in case of Kookay:

अंधी रयति गिआन विहूणी भाहि भरे मुरदारु ॥
Anḏẖī reaṯ gi▫ān vihūṇī bẖāhi bẖare murḏār.
Their subjects are blind, and without wisdom, they try to please the will of the dead.
गिआनी नचहि वाजे वावहि रूप करहि सीगारु ॥
Gi▫ānī nacẖėh vāje vāvėh rūp karahi sīgār.
The spiritually wise dance and play their musical instruments, adorning themselves with beautiful decorations.
ऊचे कूकहि वादा गावहि जोधा का वीचारु ॥
Ūcẖe kūkėh vāḏā gāvahi joḏẖā kā vīcẖār.
They shout out loud, and sing epic poems and heroic stories.
मूरख पंडित हिकमति हुजति संजै करहि पिआरु ॥
Mūrakẖ pandiṯ hikmaṯ hujaṯ sanjai karahi pi▫ār.
The fools call themselves spiritual scholars, and by their clever tricks, they love to gather wealth.
धरमी धरमु करहि गावावहि मंगहि मोख दुआरु ॥
Ḏẖarmī ḏẖaram karahi gāvāvėh mangėh mokẖ ḏu▫ār.
The righteous waste their righteousness, by asking for the door of salvation.
जती सदावहि जुगति न जाणहि छडि बहहि घर बारु ॥
Jaṯī saḏāvėh jugaṯ na jāṇėh cẖẖad bahėh gẖar bār.
They call themselves celibate, and abandon their homes, but they do not know the true way of life.
सभु को पूरा आपे होवै घटि न कोई आखै ॥
Sabẖ ko pūrā āpe hovai gẖat na ko▫ī ākẖai.
Everyone calls himself perfect; none call themselves imperfect.
पति परवाणा पिछै पाईऐ ता नानक तोलिआ जापै ॥२॥
Paṯ parvāṇā picẖẖai pā▫ī▫ai ṯā Nānak ṯoli▫ā jāpai. ||2||
If the weight of honor is placed on the scale, then, O Nanak, one sees his true weight. ||2||