Full Of Anger

Big_Tera

Big Tera, the english translation of this is as follows:

The Lord's humble servant sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord's Name.

Even if someone slanders the Lord's humble servant, he does not give up his own goodness. ||1||Pause||

Whatever the Lord and Master does, He does by Himself; the Lord Himself does the deeds.

The Lord and Master Himself imparts understanding; the Lord Himself inspires us to speak. ||1||

The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it

O servant Nanak, the Lord Himself unites us with the True Guru; He Himself resolves the conflicts. ||2||3||

Thanks Khalsaman that brought alot of peace to me and I shall try and remember this. whenever I hear this wicked old mans words that I made the thread about.

Thats the thing all my life I have turned the other cheek when someone says something bad or negative to me. And now after doing this for all those years its finally caught up with me. instead of taking all the abuse and just ignoring it. My heart and mind is saying fight back, theres only so much a person can take.

Thanks Khalsaman that brought alot of peace to me and I shall try and remember this. whenever I hear this wicked old mans words that I made the thread about.

Thats the thing all my life I have turned the other cheek when someone says something bad or negative to me. And now after doing this for all those years its finally caught up with me. instead of taking all the abuse and just ignoring it. My heart and mind is saying fight back, theres only so much a person can take.

We are tested many times in our life. You shall pass this test. Waheguru teaches us to turn the other cheek and always remain humble.

This man who is slandering you...do not concern yourself with such people. If you ever meet him again and he slanders you, just say God bless you. A humble response always crushes the spirit of people that slander the innoncent.

I just dont think I can bite my tongue anymore. I think what makes it more worse is that this person was an elderly person and he said some horrible things. So Its really stuck with what he said and I am struggling to get over it. Its like I think he is so pathetic that i feel worse that someone as low as him can make these remarks against me. What also makes it worse is that he is not someone I know well and I have hardly spoken to him. So it was like a stranger coming up to you out of the blue and saying all kinds of things about you. Im just full of rage and anger for his behavior.

The trouble is I probably only see him once in a few years at a function,. so its difficult fore my get my own back and theres also the fact that I will end up looking worse if i say anything. I dont know why but Once someone says something negative to me I cant get over it and hold a grudge. Its not good I know. I would love to be able to get over it. but when people make such strong remarks its not easy. I tink the only way i can get over this is if i see him again and say something back to him.

I just dont think I can bite my tongue anymore. I think what makes it more worse is that this person was an elderly person and he said some horrible things. So Its really stuck with what he said and I am struggling to get over it. Its like I think he is so pathetic that i feel worse that someone as low as him can make these remarks against me. What also makes it worse is that he is not someone I know well and I have hardly spoken to him. So it was like a stranger coming up to you out of the blue and saying all kinds of things about you. Im just full of rage and anger for his behavior.

The trouble is I probably only see him once in a few years at a function,. so its difficult fore my get my own back and theres also the fact that I will end up looking worse if i say anything. I dont know why but Once someone says something negative to me I cant get over it and hold a grudge. Its not good I know. I would love to be able to get over it. but when people make such strong remarks its not easy. I tink the only way i can get over this is if i see him again and say something back to him.

Guru Pyareo, let me first say that worldly attachments are hard to break. I struggle with this myself. However, we must try to live in Waheguru's will and break these attachments. Life is life. Things happen. Everything happens in Waheguru's will.

Is the issue that he insulted you or is it that he insulted you in front of others?

Guru Pyareo, let me first say that worldly attachments are hard to break. I struggle with this myself. However, we must try to live in Waheguru's will and break these attachments. Life is life. Things happen. Everything happens in Waheguru's will.

Is the issue that he insulted you or is it that he insulted you in front of others?

I think both but probably more because it was in front of a lot of people. At the time I just tried to ignore him really. But its only after it happened ie months later that I started to think what had happened. Everyone who witnessed it were on my side and giving the other guy stern looks for what he said. I was actually praised for not responding and keeping my calm. But then I think this person got away with it. The only issue is I wont see this person again for years . So its difficult to confront him and have it out with him so to speak. Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion I dont know. many people have said things to me in the past and I have forgotten about it but this guys words have stuck because I haven't had a chance to get revenge. If I did see him again at a function or event I would probably just refuse to acknowledge him so he realizes what he did that night.

He is incredibly pompous, smug arrogant individual who thinks he is better then everyone else. he is always lecturing others and putting other people down. Maybe because he is insecure and likes to attack the weak. He basically tries to frighten other people and intimidate them. its because of this I feel I should have responded.

You did right thing by not responding to this person. These type of people are like garbage truck when they got really full with garbage(nagative energies) then they want to dump it somewhere. so wise like you never give them chance to dump garbage on them. The type of people always give invitation to good people to engage in argument to drain their positive energy.

do lot of simran and listen to kirtan

Veer ji ,

I would like to say take this as a hint from Guru ji on what you need to work on , sometimes when we get complacent , that we are at an OK point Guru ji sends a spanner to test our true resolve and mettle . This guy was a reminder that your ego is still an issue and thus your anger is still sitting comfy ... take the time to do more vichaar and paat to work on that Guru ji is coaching you onwards and upwards... Stay in Chardi Kala

I think both but probably more because it was in front of a lot of people. At the time I just tried to ignore him really. But its only after it happened ie months later that I started to think what had happened. Everyone who witnessed it were on my side and giving the other guy stern looks for what he said. I was actually praised for not responding and keeping my calm. But then I think this person got away with it. The only issue is I wont see this person again for years . So its difficult to confront him and have it out with him so to speak. Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion I dont know. many people have said things to me in the past and I have forgotten about it but this guys words have stuck because I haven't had a chance to get revenge. If I did see him again at a function or event I would probably just refuse to acknowledge him so he realizes what he did that night.

He is incredibly pompous, smug arrogant individual who thinks he is better then everyone else. he is always lecturing others and putting other people down. Maybe because he is insecure and likes to attack the weak. He basically tries to frighten other people and intimidate them. its because of this I feel I should have responded.

This is great. You were praised because you should be.

So now, how will these people feel if you slander him or give him a beating? They will think you're a monster and have anger issues.

I think this man needs your help Singho. You are angry at him because of what he said to you. If you can get past this anger with Wahegurus help, you can HELP this man.

He needs help. He is lost. Preach gurbani to him. He will either learn and walk in Waheguru's path or walk away in shame and never harrass another human being again.

Veer ji ,

I would like to say take this as a hint from Guru ji on what you need to work on , sometimes when we get complacent , that we are at an OK point Guru ji sends a spanner to test our true resolve and mettle . This guy was a reminder that your ego is still an issue and thus your anger is still sitting comfy ... take the time to do more vichaar and paat to work on that Guru ji is coaching you onwards and upwards... Stay in Chardi Kala

yes you maybe right. But are Sikhs not suppose to stand up for ourselves if we are insulted or abused? I am trying to keep my mind of it. But Im quite a aggressive person naturally. ie I work out in the gym which raises my testosterone levels causing me to become even more angry. Its like the only way I can have peace in my mind is if I vent this anger out against the perpetrator who tried to fight me that night in front of my relatives.