genie

Hi, I would recommend you all to read this book. After reading it all - see how Jesus delivered the guy. Then come back and correct your posts.

http://www.divinerevelations.info/dreams_and_visions/delivered_from_the_powers_of_darkness.pdf

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji says Jesus Christ and rest of the prophets failed in their objective to bring the true teaching of Akal Purkh to this Earth. According to Guru Sahib Jesus Christ could not deliver anyone and only got people to worship himself (Bachittar Natak). Are you putting doubt on Gurbani and accepting Kachi Bani as the truth?

Read kalghidar chamatkar and in there it talks about Jesus and how Jesus gave blessings to dusht daman Ji at hemkunt sahib along with other avatars etc. Sant baba Harman Singh rampurkhere wale had Darshan of Jesus. The whole story is in his autobiography.

Don't be a sant nindak.

There goes our fairy tale teller again. Make sure you get blessings from your baba jesus everyday.

There goes our fairy tale teller again. Make sure you get blessings from your baba jesus everyday.

Uggggh.. I'm not getting into this again. I don't have the time and crayons to explain it to you.

आपि नराइणु कला धारि जग महि परवरियउ ॥

Āp narā▫iṇ kalā ḏẖār jag mėh parvari▫ya▫o.

The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the world.

निरंकारि आकारु जोति जग मंडलि करियउ ॥

Nirankār ākār joṯ jag mandal kari▫ya▫o.

The Formless Lord took form, and with His Light He illuminated the realms of the world.

जह कह तह भरपूरु सबदु दीपकि दीपायउ ॥

Jah kah ṯah bẖarpūr sabaḏ ḏīpak ḏīpā▫ya▫o.

He is All-pervading everywhere; the Lamp of the Shabad, the Word, has been lit.

जिह सिखह संग्रहिओ ततु हरि चरण मिलायउ ॥

Jih sikẖah sangarahi▫o ṯaṯ har cẖaraṇ milā▫ya▫o.

Whoever gathers in the essence of the teachings shall be absorbed in the Feet of the Lord.

नानक कुलि निमलु अवतरि्यउ अंगद लहणे संगि हुअ ॥

Nānak kul nimmal avṯar▫yi▫o angaḏ lahṇe sang hu▫a.

Lehnaa, who became Guru Angad, and Guru Amar Daas, have been reincarnated into the pure house of Guru Nanak.

गुर अमरदास तारण तरण जनम जनम पा सरणि तुअ ॥२॥१६॥

Gur Amarḏās ṯāraṇ ṯaraṇ janam janam pā saraṇ ṯu▫a. ||2||16||

Guru Amar Daas is our Saving Grace, who carries us across; in lifetime after lifetime, I seek the Sanctuary of Your Feet. ||2||16||

Personally speaking I don't think Guru Nanak dev ji was God. Because from his own words in SGGS Ji he doesn't not mention or make the claim he is God. He also makes references to God as someone who whom he worships and sings praises of. Furthermore the references in Sri Guru granth sahib ji about Guru nanak being the almighty himself taking human form is made by people other than him and to those people he was such a wise and pure soul they saw God like qualities in him thus they state those metaphoric sayings. So in conclusion when the source of Sikhi (Guru nanak Dev Ji) does not state he is God and worships God which is external to himself then how can we take Guru sahib as God? We can't ......because it would not be the message of Guru Ji and nor would it be rational. As a God would not let countless robberies, murders, rapes, injustices, etc go on while he is on earth he would destroy the evil doers logically and morally speaking. So from my understanding of scriptures and sikhi....Guru Nanak was a messenger a prophet of God who had more spiritual and supernatural powers than your average human being because God had granted him those abilities to spread Sikhi to humanity and guide them to the right religion away from their old ways.

The Christians believe that Jesus was God because it is alleged he said that himself in the bible. But most of us know the bible was written hundreds of years after jesus's death so it was changed and stuff left out and stuff added to create the bible acceptable to all sects of Christianity. Those people who wrote the bible elevated jesus to a status that Jesus does not deserve nor makes logical sense.

Similar we should not apply the sentiments of Christians/Hindu's and start making our Guru's as God/ idol figures because that would be sacrilege against the Guru Ji's and Almighty Waheguru Ji