Sign in to follow this  
kaurp

Transformation

couldn't make it to day 4 and day 5 bcz of excess workload.i was already afraid of this.will try to compensate for the loss in these two days.negstivity and depression is again gripping me.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I did this yesterday and although I only listened to paath and not did it myself, it was nice to just sit down and take half an hour out of your life to just escape the madness!

Yes verily true.

This is best thing we can do for Wahiguru and ourselves .

It is like a son taking out time from time, to spend it with his beloved FATHER.

You see, time is what Wahiguru wants us to spend with Him.

Then He gives Himself to us in return.

Then having Him with us, what else can one ever need.

As the Bani says: Jis que oopar Toon Swami, toh dukh kaisaa paveh

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 2

day 6:

the day was very tiring still i managed to do Jaap and rest all the time i just listened to kirtan.I am unable to control myself from thinking too much about all that is happening.Finally I have decided to quit my job so that I can devote more time towards my innerself and towards Waheguru.my present job is just adding to my miseries.when you are surrounded by so many troubles u are left with no energy.sometimes I am not able to sit and do JAAP so I do it while lying .

switching off phone is a good idea.

I am trying to isolate myself from every other thing .let's see if that will be of any help.

I am sure all my problems will end up once I will develop a true connection with GOD.

day 6:

the day was very tiring still i managed to do Jaap and rest all the time i just listened to kirtan.I am unable to control myself from thinking too much about all that is happening.Finally I have decided to quit my job so that I can devote more time towards my innerself and towards Waheguru.my present job is just adding to my miseries.when you are surrounded by so many troubles u are left with no energy.sometimes I am not able to sit and do JAAP so I do it while lying .

switching off phone is a good idea.

I am trying to isolate myself from every other thing .let's see if that will be of any help.

I am sure all my problems will end up once I will develop a true connection with GOD.

Quit your day job, then what? Do you think the maya will go away? Live in the present. Focus on your task before you. The mind becomes untouchable by pain if you remember a shabad, either in kirtan form or just read out. Remember a pankti and let the tune play in your head. Quietly say it as you work. The pain of the mind increases when we start to believe we can do it all by ourselves. Start tasks off by a sincere ardas saying, Guru Sahib you are my only support and you give me all and take care of me every second. It's got to be from the heart, and don't say I can do.... Ask for Guru Sahib to bless you with Doing seva. Try your best to focus on the seva and do the best you can. Don't look for shortcuts in the seva and do simran (remember Vaheguru while doing seva) Seva could be simply going out of your way to do something for someone else without expecting anything back. Without looking at good and bad, do seva. Quitting your job will not make the pain go away. Isolating yourself from the world will not make the world pain free. Sitting in a quiet place to learn Gurbani teachings is virtuous. Recognize Vaheguru is infused in everything. Look at the world through the eyes of Gurbani. The people in the world use many tricks in their lives to cover up their shortcomings. Recognize how maya is used by majority, but stay in the sanctuary of Guru Sahib by staying truthful to the best of your ability. Someone wishes bad for you or tries to do bad to you. Do ardas for your own sake to stay on the narrow path of honesty, compassion, and contentment. One step at a time, Guru Sahib will grab you by the arm, when you truly fall down at his feet by listening to his Kirtan, katha, and paath. Listen with your heart and not your ears. The tongue may repeat his Gurbani, but is the mind absorbing his teachings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqrusZ_U9sQ

• Like 3

I will not be able to write regularly today onwards.but I will keep doing one hour JAAP not for just 30 days but beyond that.pray for me.

I want to share my experience till now.

doing Jaap and SIMRAN DEFINITELY HELPS.it adds to your confidence.it gives you strength.all you need to have is patience and devotion.for me it did wonders.and one thing is so very true that our thinking is too small;Waheguru's plans for us are beyond our imagination so always just remember HIM have faith.

I feel i am lucky i got this phase in my life,otherwise i was so lost in worldly things I could have never searched for things and never got this forum and never learned this way of life.people on this forum are a blessing.they help you motivate you and they all are so wise so enlightened,I got a new vision to look at things.I am very grateful to everyone on this forum.

At times some people criticize some posts when someone wishes to feel Waheguru,to see and feel HIS presence and when someone asks for some worldy things.Some enlightened souls say our sole motive should be beyond worldly things.I just want to say one thing everyone has his own journey.some are lucky they have got enlightened they can talk and feel about things in depth but few are beginners like me,we are at our step 1,dont expect us to understand things at higher steps.

talking about myself,I think I am beginner.I cant just forget about worldly things completely at this stage.and I wish to feel WAHEGURU by myside always.At this stage I cant be totally selfless,I know it s not right.but it s a journey and i am at first step.slowly a stage will come when I will forget everything else and just do JAAP AND SIMRAN.but till that stage comes I want all you enlightened souls to motivate me so that I can move ahead on this path.

• Like 1

फरीदा मै जानिआ दुखु मुझ कू दुखु सबाइऐ जगि ॥

Farīḏā mai jāni▫ā ḏukẖ mujẖ kū ḏukẖ sabā▫i▫ai jag.

Fareed, I thought that I was in trouble; the whole world is in trouble!

ऊचे चड़ि कै देखिआ तां घरि घरि एहा अगि ॥८१॥

Ūcẖe cẖaṛ kai ḏekẖi▫ā ṯāʼn gẖar gẖar ehā ag. ||81||

When I climbed the hill and looked around, I saw this fire in each and every home. ||81||

• Like 1

I will not be able to write regularly today onwards.but I will keep doing one hour JAAP not for just 30 days but beyond that.pray for me.

I want to share my experience till now.

doing Jaap and SIMRAN DEFINITELY HELPS.it adds to your confidence.it gives you strength.all you need to have is patience and devotion.for me it did wonders.and one thing is so very true that our thinking is too small;Waheguru's plans for us are beyond our imagination so always just remember HIM have faith.

I feel i am lucky i got this phase in my life,otherwise i was so lost in worldly things I could have never searched for things and never got this forum and never learned this way of life.people on this forum are a blessing.they help you motivate you and they all are so wise so enlightened,I got a new vision to look at things.I am very grateful to everyone on this forum.

At times some people criticize some posts when someone wishes to feel Waheguru,to see and feel HIS presence and when someone asks for some worldy things.Some enlightened souls say our sole motive should be beyond worldly things.I just want to say one thing everyone has his own journey.some are lucky they have got enlightened they can talk and feel about things in depth but few are beginners like me,we are at our step 1,dont expect us to understand things at higher steps.

talking about myself,I think I am beginner.I cant just forget about worldly things completely at this stage.and I wish to feel WAHEGURU by myside always.At this stage I cant be totally selfless,I know it s not right.but it s a journey and i am at first step.slowly a stage will come when I will forget everything else and just do JAAP AND SIMRAN.but till that stage comes I want all you enlightened souls to motivate me so that I can move ahead on this path.

" talking about myself,I think I am beginner.I cant just forget about worldly things completely at this stage.and I wish to feel WAHEGURU by myside always.At this stage I cant be totally selfless,I know it s not right.but it s a journey and i am at first step.slowly a stage will come when I will forget everything else and just do JAAP AND SIMRAN.but till that stage comes I want all you enlightened souls to motivate me so that I can move ahead on this path."

There is no beginner, middle, advanced, when it comes to dealing with stress. Everybody has some sort of stress in life. And nobody can predict when they are to get it. It's Waheguru's grace that helps people to cope with it.

I know when we are dukhi, we do not like to hear it, but it's truth, Nanak Dukhia Sab Sansaar.

Guruji says:

ਸੀਤਾ ਲਖਮਣੁ ਵਿਛੁੜਿ ਗਇਆ ॥

सीता लखमणु विछुड़ि गइआ ॥

Sīṯā lakẖmaṇ vicẖẖuṛ ga▫i▫ā.

and got separated from Sita and Lachhman.

ਰੋਵੈ ਦਹਸਿਰੁ ਲੰਕ ਗਵਾਇ ॥

रोवै दहसिरु लंक गवाइ ॥

Rovai ḏėhsir lank gavā▫e.

Ten-headed Rawan, wept when he Lost Ceylon,

ਜਿਨਿ ਸੀਤਾ ਆਦੀ ਡਉਰੂ ਵਾਇ ॥

जिनि सीता आदी डउरू वाइ ॥

Jin sīṯā āḏī da▫urū vā▫e.

but he who took away Sita with the beat of tambourine.

ਰੋਵਹਿ ਪਾਂਡਵ ਭਏ ਮਜੂਰ ॥

रोवहि पांडव भए मजूर ॥

Rovėh pāʼndav bẖa▫e majūr.

Became servants and wailed the Pandwas,

ਜਿਨ ਕੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਰਹਤ ਹਦੂਰਿ ॥

जिन कै सुआमी रहत हदूरि ॥

Jin kai su▫āmī rahaṯ haḏūr.

whose Master lived with them.

ਰੋਵੈ ਜਨਮੇਜਾ ਖੁਇ ਗਇਆ ॥

रोवै जनमेजा खुइ गइआ ॥

Rovai janmejā kẖu▫e ga▫i▫ā.

Janmeja bewailed that he went astray.

ਏਕੀ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਪਾਪੀ ਭਇਆ ॥

एकी कारणि पापी भइआ ॥

Ėkī kāraṇ pāpī bẖa▫i▫ā.

For an offence he became a sinner.

ਰੋਵਹਿ ਸੇਖ ਮਸਾਇਕ ਪੀਰ ॥

रोवहि सेख मसाइक पीर ॥

Rovėh sekẖ masā▫ik pīr.

The Divine teachers, seers and religious guides weep,

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਮਤੁ ਲਾਗੈ ਭੀੜ ॥

अंति कालि मतु लागै भीड़ ॥

Anṯ kāl maṯ lāgai bẖīṛ.

lest they should suffer agony at the Last moment.

ਰੋਵਹਿ ਰਾਜੇ ਕੰਨ ਪੜਾਇ ॥

रोवहि राजे कंन पड़ाइ ॥

Rovėh rāje kann paṛā▫e.

The kings weep, having their ears torn,

ਘਰਿ ਘਰਿ ਮਾਗਹਿ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਜਾਇ ॥

घरि घरि मागहि भीखिआ जाइ ॥

Gẖar gẖar māgėh bẖīkẖi▫ā jā▫e.

and they go abegging from house to house.

ਰੋਵਹਿ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਸੰਚਹਿ ਧਨੁ ਜਾਇ ॥

रोवहि किरपन संचहि धनु जाइ ॥

Rovėh kirpan saʼncẖėh ḏẖan jā▫e.

The miser weeps when his amassed wealth parts company with him.

ਪੰਡਿਤ ਰੋਵਹਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਗਵਾਇ ॥

पंडित रोवहि गिआनु गवाइ ॥

Pandiṯ rovėh gi▫ān gavā▫e.

The learned man cries when his learning fails him.

ਬਾਲੀ ਰੋਵੈ ਨਾਹਿ ਭਤਾਰੁ ॥

बाली रोवै नाहि भतारु ॥

Bālī rovai nāhi bẖaṯār.

The young woman weeps for she has no husband.

ਨਾਨਕ ਦੁਖੀਆ ਸਭੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥

नानक दुखीआ सभु संसारु ॥

Nānak ḏukẖī▫ā sabẖ sansār.

Nanak, the whole world is in distress.

ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਉ ਸੋਈ ਜਿਣਿ ਜਾਇ ॥

मंने नाउ सोई जिणि जाइ ॥

Manne nā▫o so▫ī jiṇ jā▫e.

He, who believes in the Name, becomes victorious.

ਅਉਰੀ ਕਰਮ ਨ ਲੇਖੈ ਲਾਇ ॥੧॥

अउरी करम न लेखै लाइ ॥१॥

A▫urī karam na lekẖai lā▫e. ||1||

No other deed is of any account.

SGGS Ang 954

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

You should not forget worldly things and cut off from the world. But to learn how to cope and deal with them. We were not told to run into the mountains by our Gurus, but to live Gristhi Jeevan.

Karam, Hukam and Simran.

I sometimes look at others that are in worse situations than myself. That helps me to realise I am not alone in dukhi times and the whole world is dukhi too.

It's not criticism penji of wanting to feel Waheguru. Every soul wants to feel Waheguru, and that's what we should be doing. It's about not demanding them for it. But that is in their Hukam, whether we like it or not.

Edited by simran345
  • Like 1

Dont quit ur job. U dont want to be a burden on society or ur parents. Also my sister tried to quit school to concentrate on bhagti and it didnt help her.

While u r going to job and have troubles, god will feel closer. When u try to focus only on bhagti, he will seem far and u can only focus on ur bad qualities and failures.

Here listen to this, it helped me alot:

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/listing.php?q=f&f=%2F01-Audio+Books%2FPyare+Jio

If link doesnt work, google pyare jio bahi veer singh.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• This isn't new news.  Personally I think until Panjab gets itself straightened out (despite all the ill will -  internal and external) we're only going to see more of this type of stuff.
    • I used to try and raise my children the way my parents raised me and my siblings, I was failing miserably, I was given a reality check by my mother when I was complaining to her (one of many times) about my children's behavior, she reminded me that the way they raised is was appropriate for that time and that method isn't going to work today, there's no right way of raising your children, you do what you think is best for them, you promise yourself you won't make the mistakes your parent's made with you (in your opinion that is). You don't sound like a bad parent, your son doesn't sound like a bad child but sometimes our circumstances change which put us in situations that end up like yours, you've tried your level best and left the ball in his court so now it's up to him, as long as you've told him that the door is always open you have done the right thing. If you have other children I would concentrate on them and make sure this whole thing isn't affecting them to a point where it becomes an issue.
    • Is this how we want our bretheren to live ? https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fruit-pickers-fight-back-at-italian-mafia-slave-farms-pznnhrfzq?fbclid=IwAR2PTrOQhMmEFpwOiWppvZ4hbQkq16zKKr0Gl2k8kJGkbRuMPwOle5y2E38
    • they are the ones who started the little metal kirpan on the kangha , maybe somebody should explain to them you cannot do ifazat of anyone with your kanga...
    • Sat Sri Akaal.  So for late reply.  Yes search up searchgurbani.com. Once there select the 3 line (options) on top right corner of page. Select your Granth (Dasam Granth). Then if u want English / Punjabi index. ALL BAANIAS will appear. Select Att Chandi Charitr.  NOTE: Dasam Granth here is much better than getting an app, especially for translation. 

Important Information

Terms of Use