Sikh Children Are The Tallest

JagsawSingh

While Punjabis are average taller than other South Asians but in this study which deals with British born Sikh kids, diet has a lot to do with this. Whenever you see western born or even raised Sikh kids they are usually taller than their Indian born fathers. So diet makes a lot of difference. Here Punjabi kids are fed alot and even forced fed by their parents while growing up.

I remember seeing a study about the two Koreas. The South koreans whose kids have a better diet are on average taller than north Korean.

When and how did this suddenly become about jatts? There r those of us, who aint jatt, but yet are 6foot+, as r most if not all males in my family. Also most sikhs in uk r from doaba, n doaba has a nice mix of different tribes, which is reflected in sikh population in uk. Also added to that, the tarkhans of e.africa.

Well then read study of princeton edu, average height of Adult Punjab male is 168.6 cm , tallest in India , but quite similar Haryana 168.1, and Jammu Kashmir 168.3

https://www.princeton.edu/rpds/papers/Deaton_Height_health_and_inequality_the_distribution_of_adult_heights_in_India_AERPP.pdf

So this makes average Punjabi male height at 5 feet 6 inches, Tallest in India but nowhere close to 5 feet 10 inches or 11 inches Europeans

Well then read study of princeton edu, average height of Adult Punjab male is 168.6 cm , tallest in India , but quite similar Haryana 168.1, and Jammu Kashmir 168.3

https://www.princeton.edu/rpds/papers/Deaton_Height_health_and_inequality_the_distribution_of_adult_heights_in_India_AERPP.pdf

So this makes average Punjabi male height at 5 feet 6 inches, Tallest in India but nowhere close to 5 feet 10 inches or 11 inches Europeans

I don't know about this study and its accuracy. But I have rarely seen Punjabi men that are 5 feet 6 inch(that's how tall women in my family are). In my own family whether my mother's side or fathers side 5 feet 10 inch is the minimum of any man, most men being 6 foot and over.

You seem to be on a one man mission to rubbish the findings of respected medical professionals kds1980. Inadvertently however, all you've done is pretty much back up the conclusions the study came to. The study, if you remember, came to the conclusion that the physical difference between Sikh Punjabis and Hindu Punjabis was so vast that it would be silly to portray them as one race with the same characteristics. So, with the Sikhs coming top of the height survey and top of the weight survey......and Hindus coming bottom of the weight survey and bottom of the height survey your princeton study results of the 'average height of adult Punjabis' is pretty much correct given how the almost 50/50 hindu-sikh split in Punjab makes the 'average adult Punjabi' a cross between a tall strong Sikh and a lighweight short-ar$e Hindu.

I always knew we were taller. However watch indian hindus use this to claim "INDIANS" are tallest. They always use articles that put sikhs in a positive light as there own and when a Sikhs done something bad they reffer to him as his sikh identity LOL

just as scots are to the English in the UK , we are to the Hindus in India e.g. all the olympians who are scottish suddenly become British/ UK citizen on a win Scottish on a loss or all the inventions by the scots are claimed by the nglish vicariously through the Union....and again the scots are tough, tall and brave to the shorter, weak, misaney that are the English.

I think this has much to do with Sikhs which are from taller region migrating to UK rather than anything.The average jatt sikh height is 5-7

The average Englishman is 5-10" , so either Sikhs don't maintain their height advantage to adult hood or truth lies in something else

quoting from 1972 is about as relevant as showing a brick phone as the height of technology now ...everyone is taller and bigger now , average sikh is around 5 10 now many over 6 foot , sikh women average 5 5 now before it was closer to 5 2 ....

A personal observation my kids have a a father who is 5 8 and a mum of 5 7 , his parents were both shorter mine : dad was 5 10 mum was 5 6 according to geneticists the offspring tend to increase in height by 10 cm over their Mothers : the twins are 6 foot 1 at 16 yrs , the eldest 6 foot at 19 years the youngest is 130cm tall at 7years...she is predicted to reach 6 foot too ...the common thing is the least vaccinated grows to most height for age group .