Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Parkash On A Beach ?

singhdalbir

I just curious what you guys think about this. Because I think parkash should only happen in side Gurdwara. I think a while back there was a Hukamnama about not taking SGGS to Hotels and other places for anand karaj. Here we have one example. Lets hear your thoughts.

I just curious what you guys think about this. Because I think parkash should only happen in side Gurdwara. I think a while back there was a Hukamnama about not taking SGGS to Hotels and other places for anand karaj. Here we have one example. Lets hear your thoughts.

Think back to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji's time. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji prakash happened in the open, but back then Singhs had methods to discipline those who purposely tried to disrespect the prakash. Disrespect can happen by talking loud, having your own function next door which is against the teachings of Gurbani or wearing inappropriate attire in and around the prakash of Guru Sahib. Singhs in the 1980s used to do Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji outside in the farms and it was one of the best atmospheres according to the Sikhs witnessing it. Even then the Singhs good handle any disrespect committed by people. People smoking, drinking, dress inappropriately would know not to go near the Prakash because Singhs will give us a lesson in being respectful.

However today, we don't have the same case. Today, we have Sikhs openly disrespecting Guru Sahib and seem completely fine with it. Having a wedding at your house in the open is an awesome feeling if you can control for any disrespect to be stopped immediately. Sikhs today bring Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji to their house to bless the wedding, but they don't care to respect Guru Sahib. They have coolers and fridges filled with alcohol ready to be served after the Anand Karaj is complete and Guru Sahib is off the property. Sometimes beers are being passed around while the Anand Karaj is happening. Meat waits in the freezer and fridge to be put out afterward for the guest as if Guru Sahib was never present. Whether people cover their head or sit down on the ground is optional according to how religious a family is. The amount of disrespect that takes place at a house is not controlled because the wedding family considers it not to be disrespectful. Anand Karaj taking place on beaches are full of disrespect. Women and men walking around on the beach with beers, meat and dressed in inappropriate attire cannot be controlled for and neither is it ever. Two people making out next to the Anand Karaj can't be stopped. The guest are there to have a good time and can't wait for the Anand Karaj to be over. Again Guru Sahib is immediately taken away, out of sight and the real fun begins for the wedding guest. Sikhs of the past had respect for Guru Sahib and doing wedding or other religious events outside was not an issue. Sikhs would take care of anyone who will try to disrespect the function in the most appropriate method. Today Sikhs are the one's who are doing the disrespect, so who is going to police them?

The Hukamnama was issued to stop this sort of beadbi (disrespect) from taking place. But a Hukamnama is only effective if there is proper enforcement behind it. The Sikhs today have no power to enforce the basic respect in a Gurdwara. If every Sikh took responsibility of their own actions, there would be no need to issue such Hukamnama.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sure we do:

http://www.freedomandleela.com/sikh-wedding-priest-for-punjabi-wedding/

http://www.anand-karaj.org/ (same folks, different website).

He may have wised up, as the second website has this note:

"PLEASE NOTE: Dr. Freedom Singh has a set of Sikh Scriptures in Mexico."

Before, it stated that they would bring the Sikh scriptures to the location of the wedding, though his "included" section states that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is "included" as part of his services.

How quaint that we have turned our Guru into our servant rather than being the other way around.

What's wrong in having Parkash on a beach?

Dosen't mahraj have the right to go to beach.. end of the day it is his creation , he can be present anywhere.

Obviosuly I am not saying wear bikinis with mahraj around , I cannot see any bikinis in the previous photo?

Wahts the problem

the problem is that these two jokers are known to do mixed faith marriages , also there is no mention that that the beach is reserved for only the wedding people so you could have people wandering into area barely clad in clothing . Guru ji is not supposed to o where we want but we are supposed to go to Guru ji ....it's kind of saying yes I will follow Guru ji but only if he is in a place I find conducive ...sad so pathetic

these guys are from Vancouver I think. I have heard that a private area of a beach was used for one wedding with security controlling the borders, so there was no regular tourists wandering in (jkvLondon :biggrin2:) However, I have no idea if this is what happens at all locations.

One positive point I have heard from the young couples is that why should they have their parents spending 100K for some banqueting suite where open and kulah maas is served along with enough liquor, yet no Sikh complains or argues about the manmat activites at every major city, every weekend.

On the whole, I agree with akalifauj that it's our own shortcoming and problem that we can't organise sensible monitoring and policing to avoid any beadbi at all costs. We Sikhs are the cause of most of our own problems but the first to go and start pointing fingers. It's a shame that the utmost regard and respect is not given to Gurusahib or the sacred value of anand karaj, whether it be at home, gurughar or abroad.