Social Media And Anti-dasam Granth Movement.

chatanga

I would like to enquire whether any of the members here have seen the quite vigorous campaign on social media, especially Youtube, and Facebook concerning the Granth?

Every day, new material seems to be coming up on Facebook and Youtube, and the number of people agreeing with the Singh Sabha Canada propaganda and "liking" it has grown to quite large numbers.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib once decreed that no Sikhs should publicly debate Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth, but because of the continued nindya by Darshan Singh and Singh Sabha Canada and party, Sri Akal Takht Sahib issued a later decree that the nindaks of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth should be given fitting responses by the Sikhs worldwide.

Maybe it's me, but I think that, that has not happened. I can't see any sustained approach by any group about doing parchar of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth. And if they have certainly not matching the level of activism by SS Canada. I have seen one program a year on Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth at one or two gurdwaras only.

It seems that we, the Gazelle, are totally oblivious to the lion sneaking up.

Guest Jacfsing2

I would like to enquire whether any of the members here have seen the quite vigorous campaign on social media, especially Youtube, and Facebook concerning the Granth?

Every day, new material seems to be coming up on Facebook and Youtube, and the number of people agreeing with the Singh Sabha Canada propaganda and "liking" it has grown to quite large numbers.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib once decreed that no Sikhs should publicly debate Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth, but because of the continued nindya by Darshan Singh and Singh Sabha Canada and party, Sri Akal Takht Sahib issued a later decree that the nindaks of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth should be given fitting responses by the Sikhs worldwide.

Maybe it's me, but I think that, that has not happened. I can't see any sustained approach by any group about doing parchar of Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth. And if they have certainly not matching the level of activism by SS Canada. I have seen one program a year on Sri Dasme Patshah's Granth at one or two gurdwaras only.

I really do agree with you; however, there is a lot of people who are "liberal" and believe all of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's message is only in Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Both the Sarbloh and Dasam Granths' haven't gotten the respect they used to ever since the Panth incorrectly choose Darshan over Gurbachan Singh Manochachal.

By rights a resolution passed by Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib against the anti-Dasam faction should be the most powerful strike our qaum is capable of mustering against their movement. That was the situation in our forebears' days. In reality though, all these tankhaiyas are completely ineffective these days because the body which is passing them is weak and lacking the united support of our Panth. Not that I blame Sikhs for withholding their allegiance to such a rotten institution. Even I ignore Gurbachana and everything he has to say about anything.

But when the biggest and most influential jathebandia and sampardaay of the Sikh world, the AKJ, the Taksaal, the Nihang Singhs openly ignore the determinations of Akaal Takhat and even set up their own rehat maryadas in direct opposition to Akaal Takhat's own, you can't really expect a group of fringe heretics to take them seriously. What we need is for all these squabbling jathebandia and the rest of the Sikh world to swallow their corrosive pride and unite beneath the aegis of Akaal Takhat once we've expelled the traitors and charlatans from it's halls. Only then, when Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib is once again what Guru Sahib intended it to be, will the tankhaiyas passed against Darshan and his chele have their devastating intended effect.

But when the biggest and most influential jathebandia and sampardaay of the Sikh world, the AKJ, the Taksaal, the Nihang Singhs openly ignore the determinations of Akaal Takhat and even set up their own rehat maryadas in direct opposition to Akaal Takhat's own, you can't really expect a group of fringe heretics to take them seriously. What we need is for all these squabbling jathebandia and the rest of the Sikh world to swallow their corrosive pride and unite beneath the aegis of Akaal Takhat once we've expelled the traitors and charlatans from it's halls. Only then, when Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib is once again what Guru Sahib intended it to be, will the tankhaiyas passed against Darshan and his chele have their devastating intended effect.

That is a very good analysis Balkaar. Apart from Guru Gobind Singh Ji Purb has the traditional orders openly the determinations of Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

I wouldn't say that the traditional orders set up their rehat maryadas in direct opposition to Sri Akal Takht's own, as they agree on most points and were in use hundreds of years before Sri Akal Takht Sahib had it's own maryada.

well I did see people trying to give air to such BS parchaar against Pita ji'sBani so I always point ordinary folk not just to Dasam Granth resources but Sarab Loh Granth granth pages. I often post entries across from Tisarpanth, Sri Sarabloh Granth FB page and Dasam Granth Granth to average joe sikh pages , the youth and ordinary are wowed by the knowledge and seem to be thankful for the knowledge . We just need to work towards upping our own and others knowledge and curiousity levels.

When they start spouting that Dasam Bani is all about sex or devi devtey I post links to Nihangs explaining arth and rationale behind it all

Apart from Guru Gobind Singh Ji Purb has the traditional orders openly the determinations of Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

The Nihang Singhs certainly have brother, there is still a lot of ill feeling in the Dals towards the men who now occupy Akaal Takhat. The false jathedar of the Budha Dal, Balbir Singh, was given his jathedari by the SGPC after the authentic Budha Dal refused to abolish their tradition of Sukhnidaan. The Nihangs, along with the Taksaal, also ignore the (SGPC controlled) Akaal Takhat's continued efforts to have the Nanakshahi calendar adopted universally.

I wouldn't say that the traditional orders set up their rehat maryadas in direct opposition to Sri Akal Takht's own, as they agree on most points and were in use hundreds of years before Sri Akal Takht Sahib had it's own maryada.

You're right, I forgot that for a moment.

I also agree that these groups have more things in common than not, though they seem more concerned with bickering over those few differences than with building good relations on the basis of their overwhelming similarities. An AKJ whose maryada has it that eating any meat at all is an abomination and a bujjar kurehat is extremely unlikely to accept the authority of Akaal Takhat if it can disagree with them on a point they consider to be extremely important, such as the issue of meat. These groups should all admit that their respective maryadas are not the authoritative rehats for the entire Sikh world, but peculiar to their own sects.

The Nihang Singhs certainly have brother, there is still a lot of ill feeling in the Dals towards the men who now occupy Akaal Takhat. The false jathedar of the Budha Dal, Balbir Singh, was given his jathedari by the SGPC after the authentic Budha Dal refused to abolish their tradition of Sukhnidaan. The Nihangs, along with the Taksaal, also ignore the (SGPC controlled) Akaal Takhat's continued efforts to have the Nanakshahi calendar adopted universally.

The NIhangs have been antagonistic towards SGPC since 1920s when SGPC took over Sri Akal Takht Sahib, which Dal Panth see as their traditional seat.

Regarding jathedari, the SGPC have been playing this game for a while, seeing which faction will be more co-operative with them if not loyal to them. They knew they had no chance with Baba Surjeet Singh, and opted to recognise Balbir Singh instead. It's petty and wrong but that kind of sums up the SGPC at the moment.

SGPC did the same thing with Damdami Taksal recognising Baba Mohan Singh over Sant Kartar Singh, and then recognising Ram Singh over Baba Harnam Singh.

These groups should all admit that their respective maryadas are not the authoritative rehats for the entire Sikh world, but peculiar to their own sects.

With the samprdais they do state that this is the maryada of their samprdai, but it's a fair point, it's something that could be reiterated a little more.

When they start spouting that Dasam Bani is all about sex or devi devtey I post links to Nihangs explaining arth and rationale behind it all

That's good, and that is the strategy we need to adopt in numbers. No matter where and when they produce their shallowness, we need to counter it.

The NIhangs have been antagonistic towards SGPC since 1920s when SGPC took over Sri Akal Takht Sahib, which Dal Panth see as their traditional seat.

Regarding jathedari, the SGPC have been playing this game for a while, seeing which faction will be more co-operative with them if not loyal to them. They knew they had no chance with Baba Surjeet Singh, and opted to recognise Balbir Singh instead. It's petty and wrong but that kind of sums up the SGPC at the moment.

SGPC did the same thing with Damdami Taksal recognising Baba Mohan Singh over Sant Kartar Singh, and then recognising Ram Singh over Baba Harnam Singh.

With the samprdais they do state that this is the maryada of their samprdai, but it's a fair point, it's something that could be reiterated a little more.

The Dals are not shallow ... it is not position based but something very deep ,they have major problems with SGPC because they have changed maryada of Akal Takht in so many ways, the main ones being :

1. removed purataan maryada of dastar for ALL abhilakhees -making the requirement optional for Bibian

2. Removed Dasam Granth and Sarab loh Granth from Akal Takht - the former with much slander against it for lewdness.

3. Making a false jathedar answerable and appointable only to SGPC .

4. demoting position of Panj Piarey in the Akal Takht