Why Our So Many Sikh Men Mama Boys

sikhstudent99

I have noticed that less sikhs males are being raised as men an more are being raised as mama boys

Alot of sikh guys have bin raised as men

But at the same time there our sikh mama boys who need mommy to wash there cloth cook there meals an clean after them an wont move away from home cause they cant get the financing for a new house

There is a difference between a man who takes care of his loved once an a mama boy who needs his parents to take care of him

Compared to seventy years ago sikh men are bein raised to be very soft

There is a difference between a man who takes care of his loved once an a mama boy who needs his parents to take care of him

OUr neighbours who are Hindu - their wife keeps on complaining about her husband being a mama's boy. He does not live with them but is totally unable to deal with his own problems. He runs back to living with his mum who just uses him to get all her odd jobs done.

So I doubt it is a Sikh thing.

It could be the mums to blame. Perhaps they are thinking about their own safety in not letting the boys become independent. It is a culture thing too, originating in India where children just live their parents for co-benefit.

The tough financial times also dictate the living styles of people.

Seventy years ago, children were allowed to develop freely mentally, physically and emotionally. Now we have just drugged them with - info through the education system, TV, mobile phones and internet. Constant critism to model to certain social norms and manners has crippled creativity raising weaker adults with lesser practical skills and confidence. The Idependent spirit is slowly being killed.

Balance is essential. As a guy, if you can't take care of yourself (basic survival skills within the context of our first world existence) and generally are unable to keep an eye on the finer details of your life, then you're basically a man-child.

Of course, you'll get devious individuals using this "mama's boy" accusation to spur weak men into neglecting their duties towards their elders, usually by wives who want to turf their husband's parents into an old people's home when they need care, lmao. But God forbid her brother's wife should suggest the same for her own parents! Unsurprisingly, the irony of the situation and the double standards are entirely lost on her.

In summary, be self-sufficient; don't wait for someone to come along and do stuff for you. It's embarrassing and not becoming of a Sikh to be helpless or lazy. Equally, don't allow devious individuals to label you in ways that guilt you into neglecting your responsibilities.

OUr neighbours who are Hindu - their wife keeps on complaining about her husband being a mama's boy. He does not live with them but is totally unable to deal with his own problems. He runs back to living with his mum who just uses him to get all her odd jobs done.

So I doubt it is a Sikh thing.

It could be the mums to blame. Perhaps they are thinking about their own safety in not letting the boys become independent. It is a culture thing too, originating in India where children just live their parents for co-benefit.

The tough financial times also dictate the living styles of people.

Seventy years ago, children were allowed to develop freely mentally, physically and emotionally. Now we have just drugged them with - info through the education system, TV, mobile phones and internet. Constant critism to model to certain social norms and manners has crippled creativity raising weaker adults with lesser practical skills and confidence. The Idependent spirit is slowly being killed.

why is it always the MUM's fault how about the Mama Boy she's probably married to, and the Saas constantly gearing everything to her way of thinking ? Hindu culture is the culture of mindless, slavelike following of traditions which no longer serve... As long as SIKHS as a whole keep creeping that nonsense back into their family lives they will NEVER be free-thinking sikhs just sikh-wannabes... Sikh mothers bring up their kids as no nonsense, hardworking, truthful, ethical warriors both male and females . Meeting a true sikh mother or daughter is like a breath of fresh air because she is an independent self-autonomous person who is fearless in the face of the gossipers and status quo preachers.

I would be ashamed if my sons EVER told me I need to get married because i need help with my household duties ; in our house everyone pulls their weight and cooks, cleans and works in their age-appropriate manner. I have been known to use the admonishment that you are grown men with facial hair , if you were at the time of Gurus yu would be expected to head the household, fight the wars - act your look.

Guest Jacfsing2

I have noticed that less sikhs males are being raised as men an more are being raised as mama boys

Alot of sikh guys have bin raised as men

But at the same time there our sikh mama boys who need mommy to wash there cloth cook there meals an clean after them an wont move away from home cause they cant get the financing for a new house

Compared to seventy years ago sikh men are bein raised to be very soft

I don't know much about it; however, from what I've seen in Punjabi culture they seem to respect their mothers, (as well as fathers) more than other groups do. I don't think it's a dependence thing but rather as a sign of love. Most people are probably not soft, but acknowledge the need for elders advice for going on into the future. It's a generic Punjabi trait rather than one of just Sikhs. Hindu Punjabis are probably more align with this system as they have a very different religion from us which believes in the inequality of men and women and routinely prevent female empowerment and progress.

So how old are your sons. You seem to be doing a wonderful job.

eldest is 19 twins will be 17 in March little sis is 8 this coming month .... They look after her as well ..in fact They ran the house while my husband and I went out of the country for 20th wedding anniversary , that included cooking and taking her to and from school making her packed lunches and spending family time with her ...

some friends were quite taken aback about the type of conversations I have with them ...this includes drugs, girls ,sex, relationships,careers, their mistakes everything ...I've always lived the truth and I expect them to , too so they will come to me with all their dilemmas in the knowledge I will give fair listening and talk about both sides of everything ...leaving them to decide which consequences they are willing to incur . Sure I hold back on judgement sometimes but then they realise what I warned comes to pass and that has built mutual respect. After all they are their own persons , not my kids but Akal Purakh's ...