Another Shameless <banned word filter activated>

StarStriker

No doubt this has a lot to do with our Bhangra culture that these girls grow up in over romanticizing the examples of heer and sahiba.

This is not Bhangra culture nor is it Heer and Sahiba.Bhangra culture is very 1980s.

These girls are born in the 90's or later. They wouldn't know Heer and Sahiba if it bit them in the backside.

A lot of these issues begin at home. These are the next generation of girls doing this type of thing, their mothers and aunts were before them.

I cannot focus on anyone's daughters or sisters but my own, you can only bring them up the right way.

I suggest you all do the same.

how can the bbc hold a debate where Sikhi is challenged and no educated sikh reply. Nihal is a music dj not a sikh scholar, this goes for any religion, it should be two way.

You will never get a fair debate with the BBC, these shows are weighted in favour for a particular agenda.

I would suggest that every Sikh should boycott BBC Asian Network. The less you try to answer the more it becomes the leftist echo chamber that it is.

The Asian community is built on the backs of Sikhs and once Sikhs don't bother with that pile of junk, the foundations will break until the Government see sense and get rid of that ridiculous license fee.

BBC is no longer relevant and sooner it gets cut down to size the better.

how can the bbc hold a debate where Sikhi is challenged and no educated sikh reply. Nihal is a music dj not a sikh scholar, this goes for any religion, it should be two way.

Thing is, no on gets more attention for their gullan than Nihal because Sikhs (specifically from this very forum) themselves engage him like he is some arbitrator.

How the f**k did this geezer become some sort of main man when it comes to discussing Sikh issues in Britain??

That's what I want to know.

I mean he is obviously using a predictable reaction from certain Sikhs (towards certain sensitive issues) to try and make his show relevant. The fact that we are even discussing this tells us something......

Anyway, geezer, you never answered my question about tonday getting smacked up in B'ham? Here in London, with all the terrorism tension, sullay are holding it down a bit. A lot of the kick offs have died down because they are too busy trying to keep a low profile these days. Sullay openly using and abusing apneean has quietened down (though I'm sure it still goes on undercover). What's the kabra from your ends?

I'm not going to listen to it: can you give a synopsis of their reasons?

It'll take too long to explain, but heres the link to the show if u decide to listen to it. The 1st appears near the start of the show afta bowt 9mins. the 2nd appears near towards 45min+ mark i believe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06yg29j

Thing is, no on gets more attention for their gullan than Nihal because Sikhs (specifically from this very forum) themselves engage him like he is some arbitrator.

How the f**k did this geezer become some sort of main man when it comes to discussing Sikh issues in Britain??

I mean he is obviously using a predictable reaction from certain Sikhs (towards certain sensitive issues) to try and make his show relevant. The fact that we are even discussing this tells us something......

Anyway, geezer, you never answered my question about tonday getting smacked up in B'ham? Here in London, with all the terrorism tension, sullay are holding it down a bit. A lot of the kick offs have died down because they are too busy trying to keep a low profile these days. Sullay openly using and abusing apneean has quietened down (though I'm sure it still goes on undercover). What's the kabra from your ends?

To be honest, bbc INDIAN network only focus on muslim/sikh issues, they hardly ever ever ever chat bowt hindu's, or even his own sri lankan/buddhist stuff...funny that init!

there were two recent clashes in East Midlands Leicester, where tunday where given a good hiding and one of the restraunts where the abuse was taking place smashed up. The singhs now are doing time.

With midland sikhs its the same with the rest of the country, Sikh youth are heavily out numbered by tunday big time. Tunday don't do one on one straightners, they drag all their cousin brothers freinds in. Our lot also think bout education and professions. There are some tuff sikh lads out there in the Midlands and can more than handle themselves against tunday but they use thumark first.

Bout 7 years ago they tried to groom and convert an amrithari girl, singhs went down and they were carrying, the 'tunday bhai' and tunday were beaten, this was well know in their community especially with the 'tunday bhai', none of them done anything. Other than that use thumark first create awareness look out for others, before anything else.

that woman (amreen - I think her name was), converted because she met a muslim chap, and would only marry on t he condition that she converts.

Why marry on a condition ?

I mean she can convert and wear a hijab, but had issues with her 'religious' husband, and so left him.

Some apnia are so daft its unbelievable.

that woman (amreen - I think her name was), converted because she met a muslim chap, and would only marry on t he condition that she converts.

Why marry on a condition ?

I mean she can convert and wear a hijab, but had issues with her 'religious' husband, and so left him.

Some apnia are so daft its unbelievable.

Sounds bonkers. What issue did she have with him?

That he passed her around to his uncles, cousins and mates like a spliff? lol

Sounds bonkers. What issue did she have with him?

That he passed her around to his uncles, cousins and mates like a spliff? lol

Her sikh husband was abusive to her apparently, then she left him, hooked up with some nxt sullah, n demanded she convert or they cant get married. But she tried she tried mask that part, til nihal challenged her on it. Then she tried to get sympathy by sayin her family has disowned her blah blah, yet she contradicted herself by sayin if she didnt convert, her new muslim family wouldnt accept her, dopy b!tch!

The 1st bandhari who rang up claims her grandad died, n she couldnt find answers to her questions at the gurdwara, n then at sikh societies at uni. She then lambasted reincarnation, n sed how quran answered her questions on things like fasting n how fasting makes sense.....dear o dear.