The When I Started Then I Stopped Thread

sikhni777

Maybe my English is not that good, this is not what I am saying. It matters not to me how much anyone eats in langar. Maybe someones langar was a bad example, I try not to not look down on anyone, eat as much as you like whenever you like in langar, it is all Gurus and He gives to all. What is am saying is don't look at another person plate, look at your own.

It is just that sometimes things need to be highlighted because they never occur to you and when they are pointed out it’s like "Oh yeah it never occurred to me", that is all.

Someone once asked me “Where does God reside?” I said “Within all of us” he asked “then when was the last time you did internal nimaskaar to the One who resides within you?” I was like “well it never occurred to me”. Sometimes things stare you in the face but they need pointing out and you can reap the benefit.

If you are doing heavy sewa and you need your fill then by all means go ahead and have as much langar as you like, have seconds, have thirds it is all Gurus kirpa. But if you want to ‘KHAT’ something, if you want to take home some good deeds that you have earned then maybe think again.

Try this, think of the person you hate the most or the person who hates you the most.

Now close your eyes and in your mind say "<Name of person>, Guru Nanak Dev Ji tay-ra bhulla karay"

do this every day for a week. This kills your hate, that bitterness, that negativity you have for this person starts to dissipate.

Guru Ji also blesses you. It is easy to say good things about the people we love but very hard to say positive things about those we hate. We then start to mold our mind away from negativity towards people and not only do we feel better but our Mann gets proper chittar, because he is the one who takes us down the wrong road.

Little changes make a difference, little changes we can manage in this hectic world. So make those little changes do not stay stationary make those changes. Make changes about naam and simran. One day do meditation on "nothing" clear your mind, the next day try 5 mallas of Waheguru, the next try 5 chaupai sahibs, the next just repeat Dhan Guru Nanak, Dhan Guru Nanak.

Make that change.

reminds me of my Nani ji she would say to people who did her grief 'Rabb tera bhalley kare' and also 'nee tera vaeda taar jahe' she never ate until she fed all the jia of the household including janwar first ...always doing naam ...no surprise she got partak Darshan of Dhan Dhan Guru Teg Bahadur sahib ji in her lifetime (i only found out after her passing) never have a harsh word or more importantly thought for anyone she used to say , and people will remember your karam rather than your face so don't worry about what you see only what you do, and do right

It is a very simple belief but fraught with difficulty and one can waiver from the path without even knowing it, that is to believe in the ONE.

Dass Patshahia but the saroop is One. Choose whichever sarooop you are most in piyar with, be it Guru Nanak Dev Ji or Guru Gobind Singh Ji or any of the ten Gurus, believe and love that saroop like your own father, more than your father. Sometimes thoughts may arise that I am remembering Guru Gobind Singh Ji, what about Guu Nanak dev Ji ? Then you are moving into maya, into illusion, you are regarding them as different, but they are One. So bring your thoughts back, remember the One. If you remember Guru Goding Singh Ji or say, Guru Arjan Dev Ji that all dass patshahia will come for they are the same jyote.

Some remember devis and devtay but they are not mukhat themselves how can then give you mukhti? You remember a devi/devta then you will end up in his/her puri you will not get any further. Those Hindus who remembered or did aradhana of the One made it to mukhti. The Bhatts whose bani is in Guru Granth Sahib Ji scoured the land, found many sanyasi, pandits, tantrics but their mind was still on fire. They then heard of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and that on the Gurgudhi was fifth Patshah Guru Arjan Dev Ji as soon as they saw the wondrous vision their minds became cool and still. They did aradhana of the One and became mukhat. Raja Janak, Vyaas Rikhi, Dharoo and Parlaad all believed in only the One and became mukhat.

Remember the One, remember Guru Gobind Singh Ji and you are remembering the Almighty who pervades throughout the universe who is ‘enakh’ in His forms YET He is one, He is nirgun and sargun at the same time.

When you leave this world then we each make our own way to the court of Dharam Raj. Some will have to walk alone through nightmare landscapes naked and hot, some will have jamdhoot come for them, they will put you in chains and cart you off, some will find there is no way forward and are stuck here or along the way. Blessed are those who find Shaheed Singh/Singhnia waiting for them on the other side, blessed are those who have Sant Mahapursh waiting for them on the other side and words cannot describe for those who have Guru Sahib Ji waiting for them.

It is a very simple belief but fraught with difficulty and one can waiver from the path without even knowing it, that is to believe in the ONE.

Dass Patshahia but the saroop is One. Choose whichever sarooop you are most in piyar with, be it Guru Nanak Dev Ji or Guru Gobind Singh Ji or any of the ten Gurus, believe and love that saroop like your own father, more than your father. Sometimes thoughts may arise that I am remembering Guru Gobind Singh Ji, what about Guu Nanak dev Ji ? Then you are moving into maya, into illusion, you are regarding them as different, but they are One. So bring your thoughts back, remember the One. If you remember Guru Goding Singh Ji or say, Guru Arjan Dev Ji that all dass patshahia will come for they are the same jyote.

Some remember devis and devtay but they are not mukhat themselves how can then give you mukhti? You remember a devi/devta then you will end up in his/her puri you will not get any further. Those Hindus who remembered or did aradhana of the One made it to mukhti. The Bhatts whose bani is in Guru Granth Sahib Ji scoured the land, found many sanyasi, pandits, tantrics but their mind was still on fire. They then heard of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and that on the Gurgudhi was fifth Patshah Guru Arjan Dev Ji as soon as they saw the wondrous vision their minds became cool and still. They did aradhana of the One and became mukhat. Raja Janak, Vyaas Rikhi, Dharoo and Parlaad all believed in only the One and became mukhat.

Remember the One, remember Guru Gobind Singh Ji and you are remembering the Almighty who pervades throughout the universe who is ‘enakh’ in His forms YET He is one, He is nirgun and sargun at the same time.

When you leave this world then we each make our own way to the court of Dharam Raj. Some will have to walk alone through nightmare landscapes naked and hot, some will have jamdhoot come for them, they will put you in chains and cart you off, some will find there is no way forward and are stuck here or along the way. Blessed are those who find Shaheed Singh/Singhnia waiting for them on the other side, blessed are those who have Sant Mahapursh waiting for them on the other side and words cannot describe for those who have Guru Sahib Ji waiting for them.

and blessed are those who have earned the robes of honour via naam kamai to be their chadar on that final journey to priya ka desh

Maybe my English is not that good, this is not what I am saying.

I think a better example to explain what you are saying is what I remember happened.some 20 years back. A person from another faith told me what some Sikh told him about the Guradwara.

The advice given was - Young man - you know you will never save any money to get married if you keep spending on food. You should always eat at the temple down the road where there is free food (langar)

I was taken aback by this. I wondered what sort of thinking was this? Therefore we need to try to hold everything in the correct perspective. Seva and langar have been created for a purpose. they are to help us eliminate our differences as the king and the poor man sit together in a pangat (line) at equal levels and have their food. The Guradwara has been created to satisfy our spiritual needs. When we go to the Guradwara we can sit down peacefully and listen to the word of God. After that we are not rushed and looking to cook our food and do some shopping. We can peacefully have the blessed food from the Langer.

Contributing to the langer is the true way to make our savings grow. There is a sakhi about a very poor couple who lived in a hut. Some birds nearby were actually some enlightened souls. They took pity on the couple and used to take some part of their grain everyday and throw in the Guru ka langer. Slowly their earnings began to increase. This sakhi tells us the importance of the daswandh too. We actually think saving our money in the banks is going to bring us the true interest and help our savings grow. However GuruJi has made a foolproof system for us which works perfectly.

There is another sakhi of where some King donated a bed made out of gold to a certain bhagat Ji. Bhagat Ji took it and stored it away in one of the rivers where he said everything else of his was too. When the king heard about this, he was very upset. He went to Bhagat Ji and demanded for his bed to be given back to him. Bhagat however took out ten beds. The king asked why he is being returned 10 beds. Bhagat Ji answered that your dhaan was being multiplied, but since you asked back for it - here are your ten gold beds back.

Therefore let us learn to invest but also expect to get nothing back. Everything we have has been given to us by Go. Even so our body which we think is ours. However if something happens to it, we can never of our own efforts acquire this same body. Why are we so full of pride and greed. We should be thankful for all our blessings. We should be ever so humble and say mera muj me kich nahi. Jo kich hai so tera. Tera tuj ko saunmpdhe kya lage mera.

I like your explanation Sikhni777.

In physics the famous double slit experiment used a set of single electrons (particles) fired one after the other through 2 slits. The result was an interference pattern which is characteristic of a wave and not a particle. This implied that each single electron would go through both slits; through no slits; through just the left slit and through just the right all at the same time!

Quantum field theory explains this by stating that matter is neither a wave nor a particle. It is something more abstract and could be considered as a simultaneous co-existence of all possibilities. This leads to the idea of superposition i.e. all possibilities potentially existing at the same time.

Gurbani mentions the idea of superposition as being an intrinsic part of creation and the creator.

"You have thousands of eyes, and yet you have no eyes. You have thousands of forms, and yet you do not have even one. You have thousands of lotus feet, and yet you do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This play of yours entrances me."

"He himself is formless, and also formed; the one lord is without attributes, and also with attributes."

"At the same time, he is both hidden and revealed. For the spiritually wise, doubt and fear are dispelled."

Gurbani also goes further to mention that mind or consciousness and matter are interchangeable and that the spirit of God rests within both.

"You yourself are conscious of your creation."

"Wherever i look, i see the lord pervading there, in the union of consciousness and matter."

"The distinction between mind and matter has been destroyed, and the darkness has been dispelled."

"He himself is mind, and he himself is matter."

In Sikhism the description of Waheguru is so unique that for many it goes beyond understanding. Many times what may appear as an apparent contradiction is only due to lack of knowledge and correct understanding of Gurmat teachings. Sikhism holds Waheguru as the absolute power, pure truth, the only creator, without fear, without hatred, beyond time and limitless. He is everywhere and nothing is without Him. He is within His creation and beyond.

Take sunlight as an example, it is colourless, taking the colours of the rainbow as SarGuna and in which case sunlight as Nirguna as it has none of the rainbow attributes. If this light is passed through a prism, it splits into seven bands and each band has a different colour (SarGuna). If these split light beams are collected and inverted back by suitable optics, they will all merge and again become one colourless beam.

Nirguna can become Sarguna and Sarguna can become Nirguna. If it can be done in physics then cannot God do this also?

With this example one can see that Nirguna has all the Gunas or qualities in it. So if in Gurbani one finds the concepts of Nirguna and Sarguna, it appears all the same. The summation of all the Gunas is equal to Nirguna. In other words out of the Nirguna all the Gunas originate. Karta Purakh has all the Gunas, but there is no need for Karta Purakh to show them off, Karta Purakh remains in Nirguna state.

Sikhs openly accept this concept of Sargun Nirgun to be true since every word of Gurbani is directly revealed from Waheguru. Therefore, God is Nirgun and Sargun.

saragun niragun nira(n)kaar su(n)n samaadhheeaap ||

He possesses all qualities; He transcends all qualities; He is the Formless Lord. He Himself is in Primal Samaadhi. (Ang 290)

niragun aap saragun bhee ouhee ||

He Himself is absolute and unrelated; He Himself is also involved and related. (Ang 287)

raaj joban prabh thoo(n) dhhanee || thoo(n) niragun thoo(n) saragunee ||2||

O God, You are my power, authority and youth. You are absolute, without attributes, and also related, with the most sublime attributes. ||2|| (Ang 211)

nira(n)kaar aakaar aap niragun saragun eaek ||

He Himself is formless, and also formed; the One Lord is without attributes, and also with attributes. (Ang 250)

At the beginning of time God was all pervading and was only Nirgun as there existed nothing but Him. Then He created the entire creation i.e. solar systems, galaxies, planets, life forms, humans etc. In other words, anything to everything originated from God.

From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? ||1|| (Ang 1349)

• 2 weeks later...

So what if kalyuj has come so near. The number of distractions which we have these days have multiplied so greatly. Before it was just theatre. Then it was TV. Then it was computer. Youtube, facebook and instagram and many others occupy our day and distract us greatly. Whatsapp and instant messaging and mobile phones mess us up greatly and allow us no peace.

However Waheguru has even moved closer to us altogether with all these distractions. Now we have our path and our Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji available on our phones too to read whenever we desire to. God is ever gracious. At the end of the day it is our choice whom we choose to listen to and what we choose to read. The right choice leads us to choose everlasting peace and joy.