Malcolm X And The Sikhs Of Smethwick

JagsawSingh

What is this particular dynamic you speak of?

Well, for example the fact that different ethnic groups can get together to fight others.

Take Millwall as an example. They are based in Deptford, S.E. London which has a very highly black population (it was in the 1990s, not been there for almost 20 years and do not know if this is the case). But they have always been known as a racist club and even though there are black Millwall fans, they never galvanised together with their local whites.

However I know that Cass Penant headed up the West Ham firm and he was black.

As for these gurjrati women from wembley you praise, if you want to praise these indra ghandi types in your home that's your business.

Umm. Interesting, Hammertime. :huh:

Slightly interesting in the fact that you normally reserve all your hate towards Muslims but more interesting in the fact that a Sikh (i.e one who has been taken out of the darkness by our Guru) is swayed more by the fact that those great women of Wembley were HINDUS rather than the fact that they bravely persevered with their strike (on behalf of yours and my grandma) on the streets for 2 years. (for those of you who do not know: At that time, our mothers were paid less than white work colleagues in the factories......our mothers were legally treated worse in terms of breaks than their colleagues......Our mothers worked in the same sort of factories that the Gujarati ladies of north west london worked for. Those Hindu Gujarati ladies did something Sri Gobind Singh ji taught us to do. They said no. This is not right. They walked out on strike. The unions and the labour party at that time were even more racist against non-white people than the establishment so they didn't support those ladies. But, even without union support, those ladies continued to strike and picket the factory. A week went by. A month went by. And then more months. And then a year. These ladies still, without union or any support, continued with their picket because it was right. Another 6 months went by. By the 18th month of these women's struggle, the consciousness of the entire nation was woken up. By the 18th month, every right thinking individual in the country was in awe of the sacrifices of these women and by the 19th month media reports say that between 20,000 and 30,000 people were coming down to wembley every day to stand alongside those women in solidarity and fight the police that were inimidating them.)

So, I'm intrigued Hammertime, how does a 'Sikh' grow up to hate or dismiss such brave women just because they are 'Hindu' ??? :omg:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use