Muslim Friend Wants To Become A Sikh But She Has Questions

genie

You're not making sense. On one hand you say I should be grateful to white people for being in their countries but when I say the land belongs to Vaheguru you then take that point to justify the total subjection of the Sikh people in 1849 by the British.

My people have fought in all English wars for a hundred years saving their Indian empire in 1857 but what did we get? NOTHING! Khalsa should not act like grateful shoe lickers of the Angrez and become house niggers.

Before the British conquered India, this land accounted for nearly 1/4 of the world GDP. After the British were done looting by 1947 there was nothing left to loot. This once rich land became dirt poor. And you think I should be grateful to them?

Where did I mention anything about being 'grateful'? Please point it out. I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy. Where are you getting your figures about India being 1/4 of the world GDP? Let's not make up any fairy tales as we go along.

Nobody forced your ancestors to join the British army. Nobody put a gun to their heads and told them to join. They did so out of their own free will. If anything it is the Sikhs who have gained by being able to to relocate to rich British colonies around the world and thus prospered themselves. Nobody owes you anything.

Let's just say you're right and there are Sikhs who choose to be 'house niggers'? How does this affect your life? How are you in any way affected by their behavior? Who elected you arbiter of how Sikhs must behave? So much anger and hate towards others who are living their lives privately.

You White hating Sikhs should pack your bags and get out of White countries. Don't be hypocrites. You're giving the rest of us a bad name. You're never going to fit in. You're a round peg trying to fit into a square hole. You're always going to carry that chip on your shoulder and you're probably going pass it on to your next of kin.

The truth is that there are two types of people in this world. There are loser and there are winners. If you put a bunch of white people on an Island they would create a country like Canada or Australia. That island can be barren with little to no resources but despite all odds they'll accomplish it. OTOH if you put a bunch of Indians, Pakistanis or Bangladeshis on an island, you will get a combo of Pakistan/India. That island can be rich in gold and rubies and super fertile. But yet these losers will create a hole. It is inevitable. Their culture promotes backwardness. Want to know how backward Indian culture is? Just watch Indian serials. You have to be borderline retard to actually 'enjoy' those shows. LOL!

The truth is that whites are able achieve and create great countries simply because they're able to come together. Their culture does not promote 'us vs them' ethos, backwardness and back biting. To a certain extent Asians like the Chinese and Japanese are like that. Thus they have what we call 'true unity' and are able create great countries to live in. OTOH Indians whereever they congregate they will create s*it holes. That is because they revel in 'us vs them'. In fact they love it! It's either low cast vs high cast, Jat vs non Jat, North India vs South India....on and on and on and on. It never ends. To paraphrase a another; Me against my brother. Me and my brother against my father, Me, my father and brother against the family. Me and my family against the tribe. This is how people who revel in 'us vs them' think. They blame the world for their problems but they don't see who they are themselves. It's never their fault. If Johnny were to be transplanted to India, he will have to find a new bogeyman to justify his anger and hate. Logically tropical or temperate weather countries should be the richest on this planet as they do not have to deal with the harsh cold or heat. Yet it doesn't happen. Just compare S. America to N. America. One rich and the other a s*it hole.

We Sikhs have been blessed with Sikhism. Majority of us have moved on from this type of mentality and thinking. However there is a minority among us who are still very 'Indian'. They will never change. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. It is best if they packed up, got the hell out of White countries and go live among their own kind in India.

Where did I mention anything about being 'grateful'? Please point it out. I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy. Where are you getting your figures about India being 1/4 of the world GDP? Let's not make up any fairy tales as we go along.

You White hating Sikhs should pack your bags and get out of White countries. Don't be hypocrites. You're giving the rest of us a bad name. You're never going to fit in. You're a round peg trying to fit into a square hole. You're always going to carry that chip on your shoulder and you're probably going pass it on to your next of kin.

Before British took over India, India's share was 27% of the world's gdp which was the highest in the world even more than Europe combined. As the British began taking taking over, India's share of the world GDP also began a decline. By 1947 India's share of the world's GDP was a mere 3%. They looted India so thoroughly that in today's estimation it would amount to 600 trillion dollars! That is 400,000 dollars per Indian. And this estimation does not even include so called "gifts" like the Kohinoor that these Chors stole.

And stop putting words in my mouth. I never said I "hate" white people. Quote me where I said this. Youre just clutching at straws and making things up as you go along. I only refered to the ruling class elite who are causing suffering around the world and have been doing so for over 200 years.

And how you have turned this into a topic about all white people is really funny like you trying to justify the nuns forcibly taking off the dastar of the Sikh girl a few months ago. You claim to be a Sikh, yet I have rarely seen a Sikh acting like such an uncle tom

The truth is that there are two types of people in this world. There are loser and there are winners. If you put a bunch of white people on an Island they would create a country like Canada or Australia. That island can be barren with little to no resources but despite all odds they'll accomplish it. OTOH if you put a bunch of Indians, Pakistanis or Bangladeshis on an island, you will get a combo of Pakistan/India. That island can be rich in gold and rubies and super fertile. But yet these losers will create a hole. It is inevitable. Their culture promotes backwardness. Want to know how backward Indian culture is? Just watch Indian serials. You have to be borderline retard to actually 'enjoy' those shows. LOL!

Do you really have such a low opinion of yourself??

It's on record that Sikhs managed to create a prosperous and secure state, against all odds. Despite constant attacks from savage hordes of Afghanistan and even Persia. Not to mention the ongoing Mogul atrocities.

Your argument is complete bull5hit.

If you're an outright ar5elicker, so be it. Maybe in time you'll learn to have some self-respect and become manly? But in the meanwhile: don't project your weak, servile mentality onto the rest of us.

Given what you've just justified, it'd be okay for me to come into your house, and because I might be better organised than you and have more muscle, take it over and relegate you and your family to a room in the basement. And take whatever I wanted back to my house.

The way you heartlessly occlude any rights and feelings of indigenous people who've been invaded and outright ignore the long term decimation and havoc such invasions create says a lot about you.

What a knob!

Guest Jacfsing2

Do you really have such a low opinion of yourself??

It's on record that Sikhs managed to create a prosperous and secure state, against all odds. Despite constant attacks from savage hordes of Afghanistan and even Persia. Not to mention the ongoing Mogul atrocities.

Your argument is complete bull5hit.

If you're an outright ar5elicker, so be it. Maybe in time you'll learn to have some self-respect and become manly? But in the meanwhile: don't project your weak, servile mentality onto the rest of us.

Given what you've just justified, it'd be okay for me to come into your house, and because I might be better organised than you and have more muscle, take it over and relegate you and your family to a room in the basement. And take whatever I wanted back to my house.

The way you heartlessly occlude any rights and feelings of indigenous people who've been invaded and outright ignore the long term decimation and havoc such invasions create says a lot about you.

What a knob!

He's a really retarded guy.

He's a really retarded guy.

I think he's a honky masquerading as a Sikh or something.

Look at how he uses capital letters when he writes white......lol

Guest Jacfsing2

He's a good lad from what I can recall. I just think he's spent most of his life around white folk - as have I - but I don't think he's had the courage to call them out on their bull if, and when, required. They may like you a lot more if you don't question them or pull them up when the moment demands it, but internally, they will lose all respect for you and definitely won't fear you. In their mind, you'll always be the supporting actor to their headlining star; that's no way to exist for a Sikh.

We need someone like Jagmeet Singh who, despite being a small minority still stood-up to the racist British Broadcasting Network.

We need someone like Jagmeet Singh who, despite being a small minority still stood-up to the racist British Broadcasting Network.

No, I was referring to our day-to-day dealings with people of other races, in terms of social interactions and the psychology of relationships between us and others. What you're highlighting is a separate issue that is more of a political issue.

There's the saying, "It takes more courage to stand up to your friends than it does to confront your enemies." That's where I was coming from.

He's a good lad from what I can recall. I just think he's spent most of his life around white folk - as have I - but I don't think he's had the courage to call them out on their bull if, and when, required. They may like you a lot more if you don't question them or pull them up when the moment demands it, but internally, they will lose all respect for you and definitely won't fear you. In their mind, you'll always be the supporting actor to their headlining star; that's no way to exist for a Sikh.

Thank you Mr. Singh for the vote of confidence. I'm not going to argue if Whites are good or bad as that is pointless.

Looks like I ruffled a few feathers. LOL!!!! Maybe you can answer the question I asked Johnny which he quickly evaded with a very deceitful answer. Ok, here goes it. Why do you all choose to live among Whites or White countries whom you despise and hate? Why don't you choose to relocate back to India? I suspect I'm not going to get a straight answer. LOL!!!!!!

BTW Dally I'm a 'Peka Punjabi Sikh' Give it a rest. I hate to break it to you but majority of Sikhs are not with you.

Before British took over India, India's share was 27% of the world's gdp which was the highest in the world even more than Europe combined. As the British began taking taking over, India's share of the world GDP also began a decline. By 1947 India's share of the world's GDP was a mere 3%. They looted India so thoroughly that in today's estimation it would amount to 600 trillion dollars! That is 400,000 dollars per Indian.

But why does it matter to you what Indias share of anything was ? You might as well claim South Africa's share too because 'before the British took over India' you, as a Punjabi Sikh, were not even part of India.....just as you wern't part of South Africa. You, were part of your own independant sovereign country which was a 100% seperate entity to India. Indeed, after the British 'took over India' it was another 150 years before they finally took our independant Punjab over and incorporated it into India. So yes, be angry about foreigners taking over your land and looting it but remember to be angry at the right people. The ones you need to be angry with are the little dark brown fellas to the south of us who not only took over and looted your land they're bloody well still doing at the precise moment you're sitting at the computer venting your anger at some random white people that left nearly 70 years ago.

And this estimation does not even include so called "gifts" like the Kohinoor that these Chors stole.

and how exactly do you think we Sikhs got our hands on the Koh-i-noor ? In contrast with how we got it the British actually got it in a relatively noble way (by winning a war). The way we got it was by low standard council estate moral stylee deceit. Shah Shuja, the King of Afghanistan, who owned the Koh-i-noor, was facing trouble at home from his brother, who wanted to overthrow him. The King then, came to the Sikh Kingdom of Punjab, who were the strongest regional power, in order to beg Ranjit Singh for help. Ranjit Singh said "OK"...."I'll help.....but only if you give me the famous Koh-i-noor". Shah Shuja gave the Sikh Kingdom the Koh-i-noor but Ranjit Singh did not actually help him. Instead, he put Shah Shuja in a house in Ludhiana (remember Ludhiana and the whole of Malwa were not part of tthe Khalsa Kingdom of Punjab). The King of Afghanistan was now confined to a house that wasn't even in the Sikh Kingdom so nobody could accuse the Sikhs off helping him and that was that. We got our hands on the Koh-i-noor in an immoral way. If you compare that to how the British got it...i.e by fighting 2 bloody and vicious wars in which thousands died you tell me who looks better from an ethical and moral point of view: The British or we Sikhs ?